Best Band You Have Seen Live

Remove this Banner Ad

Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds-1987, The Venue
Cosmic Psychos/Hard Ons shows in the '80s The Corner, The Prince Of Wales
Iggy Pop 1989 The Palace
The Stooges 2006 BDO
TISM 1988 The Prince Of Wales
Harem Scarem 1989 The Corner

Dave Matthews Band At Voda a couple of months ago. Everything i wanted it to be and heaps more. Never had a better time at a concert ever.

Dave Matthews Band at the Palais Theatre in 2005 was also amazing.

Midnight Oil at Myer Music Bowl around 1990 was grouse.

Jeff Buckley at the Prince Pat in 95ish was amazing.

Soundgarden at The Palace in the summer of 95. Changed my life.

Sevendust at the Palace around 94 blew me away.

Every Tool concert i've been to, especially the Aenema tour at Festival Hall.

oh yeah and Sting 2005, got to the 1000 dollar a ticket section (by sneaking in)
sting saw this and did a bass solo right in front of my face, im fairly sure he appreciated my generation being there

John Butler Trio and U2 are completely different, but both amazing.

Jbt is fun, different, his guitar work is freaky and inspiring, and the atmosphere is great. Love the whole band and the new versions of the songs.

U2 were massive. Big show, massive crowd, awesome spectacle. They are equal in my eyes.

Saw Paul kelly at Make Povery History, hes good, as were the hilltop hoods. The living end are usually good, but their latest concert i went to festival hall march 15 was dissapointing.

Jet are atrocious, as is Sarah Blasko, she can't sing.

For sheer arrogance and coolness - Oasis festival hall 05
For theatrics - Muse 2nd melbourne concert 07
For crowd participation - Green Day Telstra Dome
Playing strongs straight, getting the job done - Pearl Jam first melbourne cocnert 06.

The Dirty Three at Melbourne BDO 199? Unbelievable set and when it couldn't get any better, it did. Nick Cave got up for the encore.

The Powder Monkeys on the same stage, maybe an hour or two later. Scary. I could never look at Tim Hemmensley, I always thought he was gunna jump off stage and thump me.

The Dirty Three at the Corner late about '97. Some bloke asked me if I was Bill Walsh from The Cosmic Psycos about ten times. :)

For the stadium stuff, nothing comes close to the Roger Waters gig this year.

First and foremost: RUSH, Toronto and Chicago, 2002. And July 2007!

After that, can't split these:

Devin Townsend/Strapping Young Lad: multiple times.
Pink Floyd: 1988, Rod Laver
Opeth: Forum, 2006
Living Colour: Festival Hall, '94ish
Iron Maiden: Festival, '92ish
Dio: Festival, '86
Jeff Buckley: Palace, '97ish
Ozzy: Festival, '98ish
Gunners: Glass House, '88
Sting: Rod Laver, '97ish
Nightwish: Corner Hotel, '05
Slayer: twice at Festival during 90s

A few more I can't think of now....

Are you? That'd be cool if you were.

Nah, I'm not Bill Walsh. At the time I was shaving my head, other than that, I'm about a foot taller and 15 years younger.

Just between you and me, I think this guy may have been on drugs:eek::eek::D

I once looked like Rick Astley. And that's so not cool...

So you're saying that you and Rick Astley have never been seen together??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Muse - last night at Wembley Stadium - going to make a statement and say that they are currently the BEST live band going around. Their music lends themselves to a big stage and they perform accordingly!!!!

Clowns of Decandance were a great band live ,cd's never really captured their vibe IMO.Saw them about 7-8 times in the early to mid 90's

Def FX were also excellent around that time ,their music was ahead of its time.

Hoodoo Gurus were good value

Fear Factory were great

The prodigy were excellent

Soundgarden and the Offspring were by far the worst and saw metallica once and they were quite bad especially playing all their old stuff mixed into one song ala like that jivebunny remix thing

Fear Factory were great

The prodigy were excellent

Soundgarden and the Offspring were by far the worst and saw metallica once and they were quite bad especially playing all their old stuff mixed into one song ala like that jivebunny remix thing

Thanks to the BDO of 1997, these four acts went one after another that day I think. None of them memorable. The Prodigy were way better in the boiler room the year before.

Thanks to the BDO of 1997, these four acts went one after another that day I think. None of them memorable. The Prodigy were way better in the boiler room the year before.

i was referring to a fear factory concert at the bridgeway

but the offspring and soundgarden ones were at the BDO and they were bloody awful

i was referring to a fear factory concert at the bridgeway

but the offspring and soundgarden ones were at the BDO and they were bloody awful

Sorry, didn't mean to rag on your pick there! That was the only time I've seen Fear Factory - IIRC weren't they last-minute replacements for Sepultura??

I lied before when I said it wasn't memorable - I did get knocked out when someone threw one of those massive water canisters you see in offices up in the air and it landed on my head, nozzle (thickest plastic) first.

U2 was an awesome show.

Hell yeah - I saw them last year, but I also saw them on the PopMart tour in 1998. At least that's what friends tell me. I was drinking pretty heavily at that stage and cannot remember a single thing about the gig. There's photos of me there, but the memory's all blank!

Remove this Banner Ad

Best Band You Have Seen Live

Remove this Banner Ad

Back