Best Band You Have Seen Live

Remove this Banner Ad

Hm.. I think that I'd have to go with,
AFI - Hodern Pavillion, 2006
Alexisonfire - Billboards, 2007
Rise Against - The Palace Complex, 2006
Killswitch Engage - The Palace Complex, 2006

and the more that I think about it, the Brand New gig at Billbaords a couple of weeks ago was pretty impressive. I thought that they played a few too many acoustic songs, but it was a damn great gig. Everyone get really into it.

Sorry, didn't mean to rag on your pick there! That was the only time I've seen Fear Factory - IIRC weren't they last-minute replacements for Sepultura??!

Not that i recall ,Sepultura were a big favourite of mine around that time (still are) and i would have been excited if there was rumour they would be on the BDO bill, but there is always lots of rumours about who's coming.

Did see them once in adelaide ,pretty good from memory think they toured a few times

Fear Factory were a little dissapointing at the BDO compared to their stand alone concert at the bridgeway

Oasis @ Brisbane Entertainment Centre, 2005

Stormed through a set including classics like Morning Glory, Live Forever, Don't Look Back in Anger, Rock N Roll Star not to mention superb new album cuts.

Lyla was probably the best song of the night, Starkeys drumming on that song is amazing live.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the roots
the necks
the go! team
cut copy
the mars volta (wish i could say at the drive-in)
les savy fav
broken social scene

Foo Fighters were actually pretty damn good. I was only a 'half fan' when I went with some mates who love them, but by the end of the night they had me hooked.

A great show.

Metallica
U2 (Rattle & Hum tour)
Rage Against The Machine
Nirvana
TISM

Also saw Baby Animals in a small Richmond pub eons ago... this gig sticks in my mind as the sound quality was awesome and small crowd went off. Getting covered in Suzi DeMarchi's sweat from the front row was an added bonus also... :thumbsu:

alexisonfire/moneen @ luna park 07
same bands in perth 07
anberlin 07
ben harper/john mayer @ blues an roots 07
tool @ bdo 07
john mayer @ belvoir ampitheatre 04/05?
oasis/foo fighters great combo @ rock it 05
any future shows from alexisonfire ;;):p

Title pretty much sums up the aim of the thread.

For me, I can't go past The White Stripes. Seen them 4 times now, twice at festivals and twice on their own, and every single time, just perfection. I really don't know how JW does it.

Other than that I rate Muse, Death Cab for Cutie, the Yeah Yeah Yeahs and The Presets. If any of these bands announced a tour, I would be at the ticket office lined up weeks before they went on sale.

Who are the best bands that y'all have seen live?
I now have to edit this, whilst I thought TWS was the best I have seen, they were trumped last weekend. Never thought that it would happen, but it did. Arcade Fire = Number 1, with a bullet. I rated The Killers very very highly there too, so much better than their BDO gig (more similar to their 04/05 gigs), animated, pyrotechnics, fire blasts, reindeers, 4 massive screens, awesome lighting, awesome graphics, probably the most complete setup I have ever seen, if you are interested, the BBC coverage is available on all torrent sites (of both AF and TK), but it's nothing like being there.

Tough to call, but some of the best were:

Fishbone - Palace in '93ish. Just musical genius.

G 'n R - 1988 at the Glass House. Played just about all of Appetite for Destruction with their original line up.

Primus/Spiderbait at the Metro - Les Claypool is a freak of nature.

Beastie Boys @ the Forum - the show was after their worst album (Hello Nasty) but they played a lot of instrumental stuff in a great venue.

Michael Franti & Spearhead, Forum 2006 - I've seen them before and they've played for longer, but they were rocking on this night.

Jon Spencer Blues Explosion - Always rocking, but I'll nominate their Meredith performance in 2002 (?)

Grateful Dead in Las Vegas, 1992 - More Kombis in one place than I've ever seen before (and I love a good Kombi). Oh, and Sting opened for them :)

Very, very jealous...
Anyone know when they're touring Oz again, or if they have anything planned?

they just came in march dude. it was unreal! check them out for sure.

also, whats with all the lame stadium rock bands making people's lists on here?

most memorable was probably Slipknot at the Brisbane Convention Centre in 2005 (on their BDO tour). Only because the crowd broke the front barricade and we all had to sit down for 45 minutes and wait for security to extricate about 10 members of the crowd while simultaneously holding the crowd back and fixing the barricade. Corey Taylor came out and told the crowd to cool it, which helped. It was just a surreal experience and an unforgettable one. I'm no huge fan of Slipknot but they are hell enjoyable live, just so intense.

Other good ones have been Dark Tranquility late last year, Opeth and Nile.

Remove this Banner Ad

Best Band You Have Seen Live

Remove this Banner Ad

Back