Best Club Songs In Order (Unbiased Please)

Remove this Banner Ad

Geelong not included

But my faves are:

1. Melbourne. I love it. Its great. Every heart beats true for the Red and the Blue!
2. Port Adelaide. Its so catchy. A bit sad but catchy! C'mon! We have the power to win! lol
3. Essendon. Nice tune.
4. Richmond.

Least favourites are:

1. Freo. Sucky. But funny.
2. Adelaide. Bland as.

Good:
1 Melbourne
2 Collingwood
3 Carlton
4 Adelaide

OK:
5 Richmond
6 Sydney
7 Brisbane
8 North
9. St Kilda
10 Geelong

Bad:
11 Bulldogs
12 Essendon
13 Hawthorn
14 West Coast

Diabolical
15 Fremantle
16 Port

my top 3 are Carlton that song brings shivers to my spine. richmonds theme song is a great song it really does rev you up and well brisbanes theme song is also good that one is a classic.

I hate Collingwoods, sydneys and port adelaides and sorry to say the st kilda one is not original and needs to be changed.

Quite surprised that people rate the Crows song so high, as I'm not a huge fan of it! Maybe it's just the arrangement I don't like (maybe if it was more like the Marines hymn it would be better) , and you have to sing it with a monotone!

1. Richmond
2. Kangaroos
3. Sydney
4. Carlton
5. Melbourne
6. Collingwood
7. Essendon
8. Hawthorn
9. Bulldogs
10. Adelaide
11. Saints
12. Brisbane
13.Geelong
14. Port
15. Freo
16. West Coast

I quite like the SANFL Eagles song. Has the tune of 'Little Peter Rabbit had a fly upon his nose'!

1. Carlton (a shame we don't hear it much nowadays)
2. Richmond
3. Sydney
4. North (great tune - the one sung in the rooms is better because it includes the "hearts to hearts" bit)
5. Adelaide (the best song by one of the 'new' clubs, maybe because it's not an original)
6. St Kilda (simple but good)
7. Brisbane
8. Collingwood
9. Geelong
10. Essendon
11. Melbourne
12. Bulldogs
13. Hawthorn
----------------------
14. Freo (not a great song but it's hilarious - has kitsch value, so bad its good)
15. West Coast
16. Port Adelaide

North Melbourne's.

I remember their membership drive ad a few years back with the players singing the club song, that was pure inspiration. I always wish Pies would sing our song with that much passion. And it sounded really good. So I'll just place the Kangas theme song at #1. CBF doing the whole 16. I heard WCE today... WTF?? lol

Warwick said:
The WCE one is simply shocking when the players sing it.

I actually can tolerate Fremantles now a lot more then the WCE's one......for such a successful team you'd definitely know the team song isn't inspiring them :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I absolutly hate Collingwoods theme song infact whilst at lions vs pies games my friend and I have a different version of thier song it goes something like this

Crap old collingwood forever, they dont know how to play the game,

side by side they stick together, to defend thier F***ed up name,

see the barrackers all booing as all good barrackers should,

oh the premiership is a f***ing joke for gay old Collingwood.

sorry I had to type it lol

AnGrYBrIsBaNeLiOnEsS1980 said:
I absolutly hate Collingwoods theme song infact whilst at lions vs pies games my friend and I have a different version of thier song it goes something like this

Crap old collingwood forever, they dont know how to play the game,

side by side they stick together, to defend thier F***ed up name,

see the barrackers all booing as all good barrackers should,

oh the premiership is a f***ing joke for gay old Collingwood.

sorry I had to type it lol

How is Grade 4 going for you anyway?:rolleyes:

Geelong,I cant believe no one has ripped into Geelong,who else proclaims to be "the greatest team of all" pfft.Losers.

no 1 tigerland

tied for the worst , us west coast & port = although listening to the eagles song on the radio yesterday the 80's dirge with (first time heard) - warbling woman backing vocals was pretty close to being voted 16th

I hate Ports in the AFL, I dont even know the words.

But as bad as it is, it is great to make opposition supporters suffer it, just puts the cherry on the cake.

Anyway, IMO Ports song is "Cheer Cheer the Black and the White..." but lets not start THAT argument.

The top 5 for me are;

Richmond
North Melbourne (changing room version)
Carlton
Melbourne (even though I absolutely hate it at the same time, Norwood memories)
Brisbane

Bretski said:
Best: Fremantle

worst: every other song they all suck, nothings as powerful and more 'footy like' than freos
I now understand why. Your 19 and going no where in life. Good Luck.

For mine:
1.Richmond
2.Melbourne
3.Hawthorn
4.Collingwood

13.West Coast
14.Sydney
15. Port
16. Freo

Bretski said:
If i had it my way, every team would pay $1mil for some top professional song writer to write new club songs, its the 21st century for gods sake, same with the crappy victorian jumpers, stripes went out last century damnit

You must be homosexual.

It football not a ****ing fashion show, and most of the songs are historic, they are just football tradition.

You are a ********.

Remove this Banner Ad

Best Club Songs In Order (Unbiased Please)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back