Best Club Songs In Order (Unbiased Please)

Remove this Banner Ad

Bretski said:
Best: Fremantle

worst: every other song they all suck, nothings as powerful and more 'footy like' than freos
Nothing more footy like "we're the rollers and the rockers, we're the mighty Freo Dockers".......or "go dockers go go go"

Carltons song works well - its an arrogant sounding song for a (generally) arrogant club

gnomey said:
Nothing more footy like "we're the rollers and the rockers, we're the mighty Freo Dockers".......or "go dockers go go go"

Carltons song works well - its an arrogant sounding song for a (generally) arrogant club

Not to mention the 'Heave-ho' :D

The only song i always forget is Hawthorns....how does it go again?
There was an add for Hawthorn a while back, it had the song on it, but i always forget it.

btw- i've changed my mind...i think Richmond + Melbourne's is the best song....i wonder if any team would change theirs (without being forced to because of re-location, merge..)

For everyone who doesnt like the crows theme song, its heaps better than what it used to be, which i think was just "here we go, here we go, here we go Camry Crows" or something like that. not too many words.

I love those old sports day songs - imagine at a crows game
"we are the team from the red, blue and yellow triange
every team we meet we mangle
rah rah stick em in a jar
go crows"

first line doent really fit though.

Adelaide - like it
Brisbane - it's okay, lucky for them there aren't a whole lot of French in Australia to cause a fuss about it
Carlton - boring
Collingwood - catchy
Essendon - good
Freo - it would be better without the heave ho crap
Geelong - meh
Hawthorn - double meh
Kangas - suits the club, real innocent sounding song, ok i guess
Melbourne - nice
Port Adelaide - i know a lot of people bag it, but i like it, especially the slow beginning and then "WE HAVE THE ...POWER TO WIN"
Richmond - fantastic, love "YELOW AND BLACK" interruption at the end
St.Kilda - so unoriginal, meh
Sydney - don't mind it
West Coast - not being biased (gets tomatoes thrown at me) but like it, but i liked the original 80s version, the current one is just watered down
Dogs - ok in small doses, so i like to hear it when the dogs are at the bottom of the ladder and get an upset win

Thrawn said:
1. Richmond
2. Carlton

14. Sydney
15. Port Adelaide
16. Fremantle

All that matters - the others are on around the same level for me.

I agree with the first two, Thrawn. I reckon Pt Adelaide's is better than WCE though. Adelaide has to be a fair way down too.

Richmond is best.

Sydney's with accompanying Banjo rift is good, but when the dropped the line "What thou, the odds be great or be small" to "Whether the odds be great or small", I think it lost a lot of its charm.

1. North Melbournes. Easy.
2. Carlton.
3. Swans.
4. Bullies.
5. Brissie.
6. Dee's.
7. St Kilda.
8. WCE.
9. Freo. Whilst its original its a bit too dirge-like for me.
10. Crows.
11. Collingwobbles.
12. Geelong.
13. Hawthorn.
14.Richmond. Cant understand why ppl rate it. Boring.
15. Bombers.
16. Port.

I actually like Freo's song, got a lot of guts to it. Ports is meh. Adelaide I like obviously :D . Also like Melbourne's, and Tiger's. There's only one song i really dispise of, the West Coast song is a shocker, has to be easily the worst of all of them. Does not sound like a football club song and its soft and hard to listen to :thumbsdown:

01 Richmond - "yellow and black!" I don't even like their supporters but I like their song.
02 Collingwood - for obvious reasons.
03 Hawthorn - We love our cluuuub and we play! to! win!
04 Brisbane - if you're going to modernise a club song, do it like this.

daylight

05 Bulldogs - Actually better than the old Footscray song.
06 Adelaide - Trying to be as unbiased as possible, but probably dropped them down a few positions anyway
07 Essendon - it's a nice tune.
08 Kangaroos - I prefer the chant part to the song part. Plus, this instantly drops a few positions if you refer to the "Good old Kangas" version and not the "Good old North Melbourne" one.
09 Sydney - Shake down the thunder from the sky. Not bad, but I'm not sure how much it was actually changed from the Notre Dame version.
10 Geelong - I like the Toreador's March. But - "greatest team of all"? And they say we're assuming too much!
11 Melbourne - wow, replacing the words "red, white and blue" with "red and the blue". Clever.
12 St. Kilda - wow, replacing the words "in that number" with "with St. Kilda". Clever.
13 Carlton - could that song be any slower? I think there's a couple of three-toed sloths who can't keep up with it.

daylight

14 West Coast - "ahhh yeah, yes we are", lyrics repeated endlessly, now not-sung verses consisting of "We Hate The East Coast And We're Better Than The East Coast So Nyah."

daylight

15 Port - Village People.

daylight

16 Freo - Intro taken from Russian song removes this song's claim to originality. Bridge with line "Doc-Doc-Dockers". Rest of song a howling waste of sheet music, generic rock dirge crap that could've been thought up by a cover band playing backyard gigs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mingo said:
Ahhh haha ahh well kudos for actually making up something instead of other local clubs that just re-word an AFL song :p

I always liked ours. It was to the tune of Road to Gundagai. You know, "There's a track winding back to an old fashioned shack along the road to Gundagai."

Went like this:

Keilor Park is our name
And football is our game
To be the premiers is our aim

When our teamwork is going
The goals keep on flowing
For the boys in orange and green

We're a club full of champions
A team of good mates
We can beat all the others
We've got what it takes

When the season is done
We will be number one
We are the mighty Keilor Park!

Ok not gonna sky rocket to number 1 on the charts but I always gave it points for originality :p I actually rate it higher than a fair few of the AFL club songs... probably including my own.

You really wear orange and green? nah really?

My mate played for a lowly team called Houghton District in Adelaide Amateurs which i have never heard a team song like it before:

Did the sun come up this morning
Does a Nun wear Rosary beads
Did we send those (insert derogatory female anatomy term) a sprawling
Did we send them to their knees

Cos

We are the raiders
the raiders machine
And we are the best you've ever seen
our aim is top
and we wont stop
till we are the premiership team

It was yelled out and sounded pretty imposing... and it was a lot better than our pathetic "a tiger for me" song....

unexplained said:
now the commentators are talking about the best songs at the end of the rich-bris game. they rated the tigers song just ahead of the freo one. idiots.

:D :D :D LMAO...........all i heard was Tim Lane (coulda been Walls) saying the richmond song is one of the 'best going round'..........he must be reading the bigfooty boards.

LOL...Fremantle....:D

Port's song is a funny one. It sounds awful when there isn't much enthusiam, yet works great when there is.

I like Sydney's song the most (i guess it brings back memories...), followed by Melbourne and the Tigers.

Freos is clearly the worst. The Crow's song isn't bad, but it usually seems to force a monotone.

NorthBhoy said:
Freo's is appalling. Anyone who likes it shouldn't be allowed to pro-create.

Richmond's is ace. And how can you not like Sydney's? They are shaking the thunder down from the sky. That is cool. North's opening is good, the more well known bit is average.

I can deal with all of them except Freo's and Port's.

Sydney's song? Banjos are NOT cool.

Richmond
Melbourne
Carlton
Geelong
Brisbane Lions
Sydney
Collingwood
Western Bulldogs
Port Adelaide
Essendon
Adelaide
Hawthorn
Kangaroos
Fremantle
St Kilda
West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Best Club Songs In Order (Unbiased Please)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back