Not-a-cluey Best FOOTBALL RELATED RUMOUR you have heard from someone you trust Part Deux - Many lies and bullshit in here. Please read OP before posting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:

There'd be at least one player on every list that is doping in some capacity. We are not immune to cheating in our sport.

Except this one has been caught without using any loop holes.. and it looks like it was cocaine

Wonder who the player is that has been pinged for asada banned drug use?

Drug bombshell: AFL rocked after player fails test

It’s a player from Collingwood, Melbourne, Carlton or St Kilda.

Based on other rumours, Melbourne is the most likely. However, no actual indication there.

Could it be Ginni and this is why he pushed out?

Based on other rumours, Melbourne is the most likely. However, no actual indication there.

Wouldn't have thought so

If the AFL found out about it on the Monday as the article suggests

It would have been advised to the clubs involved in any potential deal

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Explains John Noble being dropped randomly?

Also, hardly a scandal. If they tested every player, every week, there'd be no footy to watch after 3 weeks/strikes for 90% of the league

Surely (I'll bold that because I'm assuming) we'd have done our homework or the AFL would have forced Collingwood to tell us that before the trade could be signed off.

Cocaine is a PED
It’s not generally considered as such. I guess you could abuse it to improve concentration or speed yourself up but primarily, it’s a recreational drug and classed as such. If you’re out at a nightclub you don’t do a line to improve your performance on Saturday.

Explains John Noble being dropped randomly?

Also, hardly a scandal. If they tested every player, every week, there'd be no footy to watch after 3 weeks/strikes for 90% of the league
AFL only recently became aware of it. Interesting they waited until after the trade period where it could have been hidden better.

It’s not generally considered as such. I guess you could abuse it to improve concentration or speed yourself up but primarily, it’s a recreational drug and classed as such. If you’re out at a nightclub you don’t do a line to improve your performance on Saturday.

AFL only recently became aware of it. Interesting they waited until after the trade period where it could have been hidden better.

It is listed as a one by ASADA, but I take your point.

Isnt about when? ie game day its classed as a PED - Saturday night is just a party boost

Still not usually made public though is it? Unless it's PEDs?

Depends on which test it shows on - cocaine is listed as a PED for in competition positive tests:

- He was tested after the game by Sports Integrity Australia officials as part of regulation in-competition testing for performance enhancing drugs.

- The AFL complies with WADA’s anti-doping code, which is governed in Australia by SIA, and cocaine is listed on the WADA in-competition prohibited list of stimulants.

- AFL rules dictate that the “in-competition” period starts at “11:59pm on the day before a competition in which the athlete is scheduled to participate through the end of such competition and the sample collection process’’.

And the player has now been named -
Melbourne’s Joel Smith has tested positive to drugs late in the home and away season.

Isnt about when? ie game day its classed as a PED - Saturday night is just a party boost
I'll go to my grave convinced Cousins had a toot in the Footy Park toilets at some point during the '06 Preliminary.

Remove this Banner Ad

Not-a-cluey Best FOOTBALL RELATED RUMOUR you have heard from someone you trust Part Deux - Many lies and bullshit in here. Please read OP before posting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back