Best football school in Australia

Remove this Banner Ad

Probably Assumption as they buy in all of the AFL possiblities in Year 10 and then claim to be "great football school"
Bunch of total w***ers.

i came to assumption in year 9, and played in the first as a year 10, and now a year 12 player for assumption,, i am also a boarder, does this mean by what your saying that i was bought in??.. even tho i like every other boarder and day student pay the full fair of $17 000(boarding fees) with no assistance from the school. and i like every other student chose to come to assumption based on it record and history and reputation as a football school,, but by what your saying me and other students were bought in by the school..

i dont understand how assumption have bought there players if this is the case,, so please explain to me how assumption buys players, because im sure you wouldnt be able to tell me because you have got no clue to what goes on at the school??

but im open for you or anyone else to enlighten me on how ACk players are bought..

Do they offer scholarships to guys that ain't that smart or have any obvious musical or artistic talents, but just happen to be gun footballers? I guess that is the question. I don't know, just asking.

pupa g,, are you talking about assumption??
because they dont offer any scholarships for any academic, or musical or footy or anything at all..

as has been said mor times then i care to cound on this convo..

if you tossed up schools from each state, theyd have to be from victoria (in no particular order at all) anyway:

- Haileybury College
- Ballarat and Clarendon College
- Scotch College
- Melbourne Grammar
- Assumption College Kilmore
- St Bernards College
- St Patricks Colege
- Essendon/ Keilor Grammar (Only school in vic to have a Football VET Subject)
Haileybury College's football standard has dropped off since about 2007 when the likes of Tyrone Vickery, Tom Lynch and Tom Scully were running around. Any possibility of Brighton Grammar getting into the mix? There young talent are improving.

Haileybury College's football standard has dropped off since about 2007 when the likes of Tyrone Vickery, Tom Lynch and Tom Scully were running around. Any possibility of Brighton Grammar getting into the mix? There young talent are improving.

haven't won the APS flag for a while. until then they won't be in the mix. have been very solid past few years though.

Where does Prince Alfred College sit in this?

Notable draftees and potential draftees include: Bernie Vince, Jack Trengove and Luke Tapscott and this year Sam Day (potential top 3 pick this year)...two years from now Jack Viney (Under 16 SA jet...will represent State Under 16's second year running).

Maybe not in the big league yet, but a fair list of top round picks being produced.

PAC's always done pretty well, always pretty much top 4 in football schools in SA, but it's just not your typical meathead footy school like Assumption or Sacred Heart that have little else going for them.

PAC's always done pretty well, always pretty much top 4 in football schools in SA, but it's just not your typical meathead footy school like Assumption or Sacred Heart that have little else going for them.

??? Please explain. I've never been described as a meat head before. As I recall, Sacred Heart had a pretty good academic record when I went there, as well as its well founded reputation as a football school. Or is this just a bit of Catholic bashing by an Anglican son of Adelaide "old money"?

??? Please explain. I've never been described as a meat head before. As I recall, Sacred Heart had a pretty good academic record when I went there, as well as its well founded reputation as a football school. Or is this just a bit of Catholic bashing by an Anglican son of Adelaide "old money"?

Well said mate. Sounds to me like someone is pretty jealous of Sacred Heart's and Assumption's incredibly good record as great football colleges.

You know, if you can't beat 'em, call them names. Weak as....

Well said mate. Sounds to me like someone is pretty jealous of Sacred Heart's and Assumption's incredibly good record as great football colleges.

You know, if you can't beat 'em, call them names. Weak as....

Mate it's been nearly 20 years since I've been at school, and the further you get away from it, the less it matters. I do note, from reading in my local messenger that Princes are undefeated this year easily accounting for Sacred Heart in their clash. After PAC, Saint Michael's appear to be the main challenger with Sacred Heart and Rostrevor just off the pace.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

pupa g,, are you talking about assumption??
because they dont offer any scholarships for any academic, or musical or footy or anything at all..

as has been said mor times then i care to cound on this convo..

Why do Assumption people keep on posting this nonsense ?? Maybe they think if they keep on posting it many times then soem xucker will believe them ???

As I have repeatedly stated the factgs before -in Year 7 we beat ACK by 18 goals, Year 8 by 16 goals (it was wet) and in Year 9 by over 20 goals.
They are the joke of the AGSV until their boarders/scholarship players/TAC cup team all arrive.

To beat PEGS this year with the likes of TOY and WATSON was only possible with your bought in players.
Tell me, how many of the current first XVIII played in the the Year 7A's ? I know for Marcellin and Trinity it was EVERY SINGLE ONE !!!!
For Assumption I reckon it is close ot 0 !!!

Great Footy school ACK ??? keep on kidding yourselves - everyone else knows the truth.

johnson_26 said:
if you tossed up schools from each state, theyd have to be from victoria (in no particular order at all) anyway:

- Haileybury College
- Ballarat and Clarendon College
- Scotch College
- Melbourne Grammar
- Assumption College Kilmore
- St Bernards College
- St Patricks Colege
- Essendon/ Keilor Grammar (Only school in vic to have a Football VET Subject)

I cant believe that Ballarat and Clarendon College are even getten a mention in top footy schools in Victoria, there not even in the same league as Haileybury or St Pats, if Clarendon were to put there best team on the park an Haileybury or St Pats did the same they, Ballarat Clarendon College would get absolutely smashed!!!

The AFL players out of there go alright.

APS is the premier schoolboy competition in Australia & that is by quite a distance. It's foolish to say that a school out of the AGS, SA/WA competitions is comparable.

St Pats Ballarat has got to be top 3

APS is the premier schoolboy competition in Australia & that is by quite a distance. It's foolish to say that a school out of the AGS, SA/WA competitions is comparable.

Panther, I agree the APS is a league above all of the rest.

Did you hear who won out of Assumption (AGSV) and Xavier (APS) on the weekend ?

Panther, I agree the APS is a league above all of the rest.

Did you hear who won out of Assumption (AGSV) and Xavier (APS) on the weekend ?

I'm not sure whether you played APS. Most times APS "1st 18"s play against non APS Schools, they rarely play their 1st 18 & is mostly made up of their 2nds players. They normally occur in the holidays & when the APS has stopped.

The competition that Assumption normally play in (i.e. The old Herald Competition) banned APS Schools b/c they were too good for the competition.

I'm not sure whether you played APS. Most times APS "1st 18"s play against non APS Schools, they rarely play their 1st 18 & is mostly made up of their 2nds players. They normally occur in the holidays & when the APS has stopped.

The competition that Assumption normally play in (i.e. The old Herald Competition) banned APS Schools b/c they were too good for the competition.

Is that a round about way of saying that Xavier got thrashed ????

I don't know the result but you get my gist.

I get your gist - but don't agree with it.

Their are more excuses around here when a team loses than on the Port Adelaide board.
Not sure of any schools that pick sided to lose ???

We played St Kevs in a pre-season practice game, and they had a couple of their Vicmetro players out, but other than that were at full strength.

Not sure of any schools that pick sided to lose ???

We played St Kevs in a pre-season practice game, and they had a couple of their Vicmetro players out, but other than that were at full strength.

It's not that the schools pick sides to lose. Games against Non APS schools are treated as such, 2nd's players are selected & it's not taken as serious as an APS match.

The knockout competition that Assumption play in banned APS schools b/c they were a class above the schools that compete in this competition.

The knockout competition that Assumption play in banned APS schools b/c they were a class above the schools that compete in this competition.
But they played Xavier last weekend ? Don't think it was a knockout comp. though.

Still after the score for ACK v XAV if anyone knows ???

Why do schoolboys talk about a schoolboy comp like it's the AFL:rolleyes:

Just for the record when I played for my crappy SA schoolboys team we beat both the touring Scotch and Wesley teams despite being on average a year younger due to the difference in school ages between SA/VIC back then. But I guess they just bought their second XVIII's whilst their firsts stayed back in Melbourne signing autographs and doing their weights programme.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Best football school in Australia

Remove this Banner Ad

Back