Best football school in Australia

Remove this Banner Ad

Quote from Midfield"from every aspect you can look at assumption in the best foot ball school"

I'm pretty sure that Xavier leads you in the annual Fr Keenan trophy that you've played annually for over the past 30+ years. In fact, didn't you lose 5-6 in a row recently???

If you ask Ray who he'd like to beat the most, he'd have Xavier up there in his top two. No doubt he'd include PEGS as he can't stand Fletcher.

"too many young guys go there from year 10 after having developed their footy skills elsewhere."

Country families quite often wait to Year 10 or 11 before sending their kids to boarding school due to cost or just waiting until their old enough to cope with a move like that.

I think you're trying to look under rocks that have nothing underneath them mate.

Based on?

Skevs have had 22 players drafted to the AFL.
The five I mentioned have all had well over a hundred.

It's great that SKC won the premiership last year, however they needed to purchase Liberatore, Wallis etc to do it. It's only been the last couple of years that they have been competitive again. They now have four APS flags compared to MGS and XC with over 30 each.

PEGS have a solid football program under Fletcher, but again they're new kids on the block compared to some of the other schools going around. Comparing them to Assumption for example, PEGS have won significantly fewer premierships and herald shields.

Libba and Wallis are most definetly not on scholarships at skc.

Unusual response.

They were certainly offered them by Haileybury and MGS a while back.
We are talking about the same boys that play for Calder Cannons and live more than 50km away from St Kevins....

"I'm pretty sure that Xavier leads you in the annual Fr Keenan trophy that you've played annually for over the past 30+ years. In fact, didn't you lose 5-6 in a row recently???"

If you ask Ray who he'd like to beat the most, he'd have Xavier up there in his top two. No doubt he'd include PEGS as he can't stand Fletcher."

yes this is true in the last 6 years apart from the 2009 season where assumption won by over 60 points, but im not sure about who has won the most over past 30 years. ill have a look in it it..

but evan with that in sure our history plus the more recent time of 08 and 09 puts assuption up to number one the scale. not to say xavier is not a very well reconised footy school because it is,

as far as assuptions rival school, assuption have a rival against almost anyschool thats is half good at the game that they play against and the rival against pegs is nothing compared to sacred heart.

should be a good hit out agianst xavier this year. do yuo have any idea how they are looking this year??

Based on?

It's great that SKC won the premiership last year, however they needed to purchase Liberatore, Wallis etc to do it. It's only been the last couple of years that they have been competitive again. They now have four APS flags compared to MGS and XC with over 30 each.

PEGS have a solid football program under Fletcher, but again they're new kids on the block compared to some of the other schools going around. Comparing them to Assumption for example, PEGS have won significantly fewer premierships and herald shields.
Are you counting only purely AFL players, or including back before the AFl with the VFl, when it was the senior comp.?

St. Kevins have had a LOT more than 22 players who have played AFL/VFL football

Those 5 schools do not have over a hundred players who played purely AFl, but for AFL/VFL they would have, similar to St. Kevins.

And on the topic of Liberatore and Wallis, they are diffenately not on scholarships. Just because they are gun footballerS, it doesn't mean they're on scholarships.

When you talk about St Kevin's players, you must include football royalty with names like Collingwood and AFL Legend Phonse Kyne and Melbourne hall of famer Allan La Fontaine all the way through to the recent champs like the Scotts, Mahoneys and O'Keefe. There are over 100 players who have played league football from Skevs, whether it be Dave Kelly at Melbourne in the seventies, Bill Nettlefold premiership player in 1977, Laurie Kerr, big Dave Sullivan at Hawthorn and Essendon in the eighties, Michael Bowden, premiership player in 1969, Gary Brice, the Morwoods, Pickerings etc, I could go on forever and a day.
In regards to Wallis and Libba, they have been at the school since grade 3 you dipsh it, not too many kids that young on scholarships!

Unusual response.

We are talking about the same boys that play for Calder Cannons and live more than 50km away from St Kevins....
Since when is Essendon and Strathmore more than 50 Kms from the city??? Get your facts right before posting drivel on this site sunshine and assassinating the character of their families and themselves.
Its obvious you are talking crap when you say they were offered scholarships by Haileybury, just around the corner from Essendon!
As for your other so called knowledge SKC has won 2 APS premierships and one ACC premiership, they had two draftees last year, Tom Nicholls to Gold Coast and Cachia to Carlton. They also had several long term students who played TAC Cup so everything came together in the one year. They should be reasonably strong again this year.

Depends which school, some have teachers, some have outside coaches. Some have PE teachers they have hired because they would be good coaches and things like that. All depends on the money the school is willing to spend I spose, particularly if there is no ready made coach in the staff already.

Wesley pay Peter Curran to coach

Unusual response.

bullett pass your posts on wallis and libba are woefully inaccurate. your facts are wrong. your geography is wrong. you are wrong.

some things you write i like but you really ought to research this one a bit better. also, i suggest you open up your melways from time to time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

bullet pass, you are absolutely kidding yourself.

you are like every other skevs hater on this forum. as soon as St Kevin's start getting good, you have to try and bring SKC down cause they were the easy beats once upon a time, and now SKC are the dominant force in the aps. and as such, you target SKC and make ridiculous statements that players such as liberatore, cachia, wallis, purcell, casley, etc are scholarship players when they've been at skevs for at least 6 years, some 10.

save your non-sensical bulsh!t to yourself you hero.

Best football schools in Vic at the moment are PEGS and St Kevin's College.

where have you been living? st pats in 2009 beat a full strength PEGS by ten goals and beat St kev's by 49 points although Skev's were missing two of their vic metro players i doubt they would have made a 49 point difference, and then assumption beat St pats but two goals in the hereld sun shield final. assumption and st pats could not only match but in my opinion beat any of the melbourne APS schools

where have you been living? st pats in 2009 beat a full strength PEGS by ten goals and beat St kev's by 49 points although Skev's were missing two of their vic metro players i doubt they would have made a 49 point difference, and then assumption beat St pats but two goals in the hereld sun shield final. assumption and st pats could not only match but in my opinion beat any of the melbourne APS schools
skevs were at 60% strength mate... dunno about st pat's but skevs certainly didn't play anywhere near their best team. if that was indeed st pat's full strength side then i wouldnt hesitate so say that at a neutral venue skevs would most likely come out on top...

BrianSpeaking and Edar, where have you been for the last two years.
You must have failed to remember that Assumption has taken off the AGSV/Herald Sun Shield double in the winters of 2008 and 2009.
oh, and the 145 Dark and Light Blues that have gone onto the big league!

BrianSpeaking and Edar, where have you been for the last two years.
You must have failed to remember that Assumption has taken off the AGSV/Herald Sun Shield double in the winters of 2008 and 2009.
oh, and the 145 Dark and Light Blues that have gone onto the big league!

i didn't mention assumption mate, just a reference to the st pat's boys. i can't say whose better out of skevs and assumption... never played last year. skevs doesn't contest the herald sun shield btw, as with all APS schools... does anyone know why that is actually? (hope that isn't a silly question) i've always wondered though...

bullet pass, you are absolutely kidding yourself.

you are like every other skevs hater on this forum. as soon as St Kevin's start getting good, you have to try and bring SKC down cause they were the easy beats once upon a time, and now SKC are the dominant force in the aps. and as such, you target SKC and make ridiculous statements that players such as liberatore, cachia, wallis, purcell, casley, etc are scholarship players when they've been at skevs for at least 6 years, some 10.

save your non-sensical bulsh!t to yourself you hero.
I
It's pretty easy to be on a scholarship for 6 years. If say, you are good at hockey maybe ?????

Based on?

Bullet pass you need a bullet to put us all out of our misery... Please check your facts before posting as you are doing yourself and Xavier (I presume this is who you are trying to pump up) a disservice with this dribble...

Its probably worth noting that some of the quality of AFL player that Xavier has produced in recent times has been nothing short of embarrassing - Davies, Betham, Hunter, Tarrent amongst others but to name a few. I presume you are counting these blokes in your 100+ number of players??

In terms of quality of players I would suggest to you that both SKC and PEGS have produced more recent AFL premiership players than Xavier have - in fact there would be numerous APS schools that have produced more premiership footballers than Xavier in recent history so perhaps you could use that as a parameter....

Probably Assumption as they buy in all of the AFL possiblities in Year 10 and then claim to be "great football school"
Bunch of total w***ers.

bye in with what mate.. assumption has no programs to get players and the only thing they would get is a cap or jumper of ray carrol,, assuptions school does only get good in years 10 but that is because if the boarding which is always full fair unless they are in remote areas, and like any boarding schools most kids come in years 9,10,11 which is why ACK is son strong.

Remove this Banner Ad

Best football school in Australia

Remove this Banner Ad

Back