Norm Smith Medallist
Suspended
Feb 26, 2003
Ballarat
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Renegades, victory, packers
I was out umpiring today and I saw a fantastic hanger at Darley Park in Darley by a Darley U/18's player.

The best Hanger I have seen in AFL would have to be the mark taken by Shaun Smith when he was playing at Melbourne. The mark was taken up at the Gabba.

Andrew Walker - Twice:

1 - Preliminary Final 2003 - Bendigo U18 vs Murray U18;
2 - Round 13 2004 - Northern Bullants vs Bendigo Bombers;

Best mark I've seen live was Michael Roach v Hawthorn at the 'G.

Best mark ever, imho, was Shaun Smith.

IF Buckenara had taken that grab in the first quarter of the '86 GF, I'd be writing that one down, though.

Moorcroft - the only thing he EVER did.... Shame on Dees Recruiting for wasting a pick..

But i would say when i say Russell Robertson's Marks when he was on Almost Footy Legends - when he was playing for the Tassie Mariners...

Moorcroft easily the best.

Dennis Banks in 84 i think, it was over Peter foster.

Nathan Thompson over Matthew Croft was also a ripper.

I think most Bulldog supporters would agree that there is a mark of the year contender taken over us every year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by shkinnyshkip
Moorcroft. he also kicked 6 goals in that same half of footy. not the only thing he did..

Then did nothing for the rest of the game. He hurt his hip taking that mark, ruined his season and almost his career.

Originally posted by goaldrush
I was out umpiring today and I saw a fantastic hanger at Darley Park in Darley by a Darley U/18's player.

The best Hanger I have seen in AFL would have to be the mark taken by Shaun Smith when he was playing at Melbourne. The mark was taken up at the Gabba.

Don't you mean GOAL umpiring? :rolleyes:

As for the best mark(s)

Brett Allison using Gavin Crosisca as a stepladder at the G in 91

Winnie Abrham launching onto Lade's shoulders at Manaka in 97

I remember one by Peter Busustow against Geelong right in the goal mouth in early 80's i'm guessing. Haven't seen a replay in a long time but it would take some beating. Ablett against Melbourne '89 finals series was good too.

Brett Allison using Gavin Crosisca as a stepladder at the G in 91

Winnie Abrham launching onto Lade's shoulders at Manaka in 98
have been the best two i have seen

Originally posted by thegezman
Winnie Abraham is the best one i've seen live. The one at Maunka in 97.

liked matty lappin in his first carlton game too.

winstons mark wwas actually in 98 and won the mark of the year for that year

i donno how that on beat farmers, farmers was an absolute gem

Russell Robertson's mark in the Tassie Mariners game at North Hobart back in '96 was an absolute pearler, I was sitting in the Ryde Street Stand, almost side on to where Robbo took that mark, he just seemed to go up and up and up.

Former VFA player Phillip Knight took an awesome screamer for Hobart against South Launceston in the old Statewide League at North Hobart in about 1991 I think, we were standing on the terraces, and he was even above us (about 8 or 10 feet off the ground) when he took the mark, awesome.

Moorcroft's was unbelievable, Brett Allison's at the MCG was amazing as well.

Can't name a "best" ever, too many to remember.

Remove this Banner Ad

Best Hanger/Speckie you have seen

Remove this Banner Ad

Back