Best Jumper Ever

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon it would be great though if we started a tradition of wearing the prison bars once a year, sort of how Freo has their "purple haze" game with the home jumper minus the red/green. It would be a great way to honour our sanfl heritage and I reckon plenty of fans would want to buy them aswell. We don't get the chance to wear it anymore since they stopped doing heritage round and it would be a great way to stir up some publicity for the club and get Eddie having an annual cry about it! Maybe we could wear it in the home showdown every year or the first game?

If the PAFC - PAMFC merger reunification ever happens, the showdown, which indirectly is a celebration of SANFL heritage and an SA event, is the appropriate game to wear the pb jumper. Whicker should grows some balls and tell Andy D this is an SA thing, and that Andy D's executive team and AFL Commission should tell Eddie to get stuffed.

Can't recall who made the comment, don't think it was Dennis or Bruce, but when the umpiring was clearly favouring Richmond in the third quarter someone said that the umpires must feel sorry for Richmond.
Yeah , I reckon it was Ox and after the two blatant frees that the umps missed in our forward 50 it was a good comment . Comettis comments on our guernsey were a real compliment and very true . Dennis had a weekend where he said what he really thought on air which was refreshing.

If the PAFC - PAMFC merger reunification ever happens, the showdown, which indirectly is a celebration of SANFL heritage and an SA event, is the appropriate game to wear the pb jumper. Whicker should grows some balls and tell Andy D this is an SA thing, and that Andy D's executive team and AFL Commission should tell Eddie to get stuffed.

Now that is a great idea. Add 'heritage round' in as well.

AFL marketing people are likely to insist that Heritage round and Rivalry round stay separate for marketing purposes. So we make an ambit claim to wear PB 3 times (2x Showdown, 1x Heritage) and then be happy when we're 'negotiated' down to 1 (-1 just to have something to give at the table with the AFL, and -1 to have something to give to appease Collingwood).

Great idea and one that will certainly get people to the game. :thumbsu:

FWIW, despite their great voices, I found yesterday's commentating totally against us and quite deplorable - although they would've been instructed to play up Cuz no doubt.

For a while now I've thought that Foxtel has some great commentators with Matthew Campbell and Dwayne Russell being probably the best. They may come across as 'w***ers' but they have extensive knowledge of every (most) clubs and rarely show any bias.

Channel Ten is just absolutely shocking. Lloyd, Lucas, Underwood, Lane, Walls, Mahr (sp?) etc.

Dwayne Russell has underlying bias toward us, you may not notice it because you're a port fan.

I rate some of 10's callers in Hudson, Christian, Blight and Darcy (though Darcy's interpretation of rules is ****ed at times).

Dwayne Russell has underlying bias toward us, you may not notice it because you're a port fan.

I rate some of 10's callers in Hudson, Christian, Blight and Darcy (though Darcy's interpretation of rules is ****ed at times).

Scary, because unless I'm mistaken, he's on the Laws of the Game committee.:eek:

PortGuernsy3-1.png

I'm working on a combination of the two as well btw as sam50 suggested. Bit harder than a recolour though.

Edit: Here we go. Figured out a way to do it pretty easily in the end :D
PortGuernsy4.png

Both look horrible in my opinion. The only "modified" PB design that I've seen on here that looks any good is the one that replaces the white for a dark charcoal grey, which makes the jumper look almost completely black from a distance.

I couldn't find it so I just made it up it Paint for those who aren't sure which one I mean. I think it looks great but we should just stick with our current one because I reckon its better (although this design would really get up Eddie's nose!).

15f243l.png

Mixing PB & BiB designs is like asking for rum with yer whiskey... it's two much of a good things <hic!>

A PB design I'd like to see is the one where the pure white of the bars is replaced with the next legally darker shade of white :) which I choose to call "light silver".

IMO thin teal bars on black seem to suck some of the surrounding blackness into them.

EDIT: and IMO any PB has to have the traditional back on it. mandatory !

Remove this Banner Ad

Best Jumper Ever

Remove this Banner Ad

Back