Best Kick-in player in the AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Gotta be Troy Makepeace. Why you ask? Because evidently the objective of this thread is to name who does the kicking-in the most regularly for your club.

Seriously, this thread blows, Jaymin outlines why.

Jaymin said:
Great effort with the poll. You've managed to leave out the 3 best kicks in in the game.

1. D.Fletcher
2. L.Hodge
3. J.Hunt

You should need to get your BigFooty license to be able to post polls.
Well maybe I should have 16 options and 1 for each team or just other!
But Hunt, Kennelly and Hodge deserved to be in but not Fletcher for 2005.

cypher said:
Well maybe I should have 16 options and 1 for each team or just other!

Are you ****ing crazy. He would have been All-Australian Full Back for 2005 if he wasn't injured late in the year. Is by far the best kick in full back in the competition and has been for the last ten year, the poll should not exist without the top 3 kick-in players in the game, especially Dustin Fletcher.

Hodge showed this year that he will be the best kick in, in the years to come, towards the end of the season he hit targets with every kick in!

If we were talking about shots for goal....i would probs say brad green!

Josh Drummond or Lindsay Gilbee.

Drummond had one kick in clanger the entire season, while the Bulldogs scored more often than any other team directly from kick ins, led by Gilbee.

The Bulldogs are so good at going "coast to coast" that they often go out of their way to rush a behind for the opposition to create a scoring opportunity for themselves.

The best at going long kicking in are Fletcher and Wirrpunda with his torps. So if there are 15 seconds to go and your team is 5 points behind, they would be the best choice to get the ball to the other end asap. Scott Lucas isn't far behind either.

BarcaRulz said:
I think Wirrpunda.. he has a knack for picking a good target and getting him. And when they dont present he can really torpedo the ball into next year. Wirrpunda JUST over Gilbee IMO!

surprise surprise you think Wirrpunda, I thought Josh Hunt was the flavour of the month

cypher said:
Then click on other and reply rather than bitch.
And Rutten and Michael have been better than Fletcher with Glass's form as good.

Clicking on other would mean clicking on the other 550 players who have played this year. If you're going to have a poll like this you have to put in the serious contenders, not just with Fletcher, but Hunt and Hodge aswell. How many times would Nick Davis have kicked in compared to those three.

And Fletcher get's way more of the footy and sets up more of the play while also shutting down his opponents. Rutten thoroughly deserves his position he is a great player, but if Fletch played every game, it would have been a very tight contest as to who would have got the position.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hollis_tom said:
Clicking on other would mean clicking on the other 550 players who have played this year. If you're going to have a poll like this you have to put in the serious contenders, not just with Fletcher, but Hunt and Hodge aswell. How many times would Nick Davis have kicked in compared to those three.

And Fletcher get's way more of the footy and sets up more of the play while also shutting down his opponents. Rutten thoroughly deserves his position he is a great player, but if Fletch played every game, it would have been a very tight contest as to who would have got the position.

And other's leading, there's no surprises there.

cypher said:

According to the Herald Sun, Fletcher had the highest kick in effectiveness in the competition at 97%.
That means 97% of the time, Fletcher's kick finds a target. Gilbee was second.

Fletcher was also third from memory, in % of goals scored from kick in's. I'm pretty sure Gilbee was first, can't remember who was second.

Josh Drummond...His kicks hit the target and he can kick 60 metres to get a player standing on the centre square by himself and the ball moves quickly as well.

D0nk said:
And other's leading, there's no surprises there.

That's just it, why should other be leading the poll, because the right players to choose from aren't there, other should be last in the poll with the obvious choices already being up there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back