Best Movie of all time ??

Remove this Banner Ad

USAEagle said:
Where are all the "Transformer" movie Geeks?

It's a Wonderful Life, and Mr Smith Goes to Washington.

Best.Movies.Ever.

BTW, the plots of Star Wars episode 7,8 and 9 are online and George Lucas predicts release for 7 as 2014. Hopefully he gets someone who CAN direct to direct them.

www.supershadow.com
Please don't tell me you believe that crap.

Dry Rot said:
Dunno what's gone wrong with most of the people here.

Youth is not an excuse. Maybe I was lucky growing up in Canberra, but in my late teens and early twenties I was watching classic silent films, and classics from the thirties through to the seventies.

And as you say, availability is not issue.

I used to go to the Center Cinema (sadly closed down about 3 or 4 years ago) or Electric Shadows (closing down in the next few months) just about every week to watch a foreign classic or an old Hollywood masterpiece. The Cult nights were a must as well. I've seen some wonderful films (and some pretty bad ones) on those screens, it's going to be a truly sad day when both are gone.

We have about 3000 DVD's at home, and I say a good two-thirds are either foriegn (mostly French, Italian or Polish) or pre 1985. Hollywood these days is more about the poorly scripted blockbuster than film as an artform. They still make the 'arty' films, but they seem to be a rarity, and generally get a very limited cinema release.

DEVO said:
We have about 3000 DVD's at home, and I say a good two-thirds are either foriegn (mostly French, Italian or Polish) or pre 1985. Hollywood these days is more about the poorly scripted blockbuster than film as an artform. They still make the 'arty' films, but they seem to be a rarity, and generally get a very limited cinema release.

Same as my brother in law. He has thousand's of DVD's (most foriegn language) and I often hear him say that Hollywood now is more about making the money than making the movies. Which is why he prefers the classics from the 50's - 70's.

Crosby87 said:
1. The Godfather
2. The Godfather Part II
3. Taxi Driver
4. Pulp Fiction
5. The Shawshank Redemption
6. One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
7. Apocalypse Now
8. The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
9. Citizen Kane
10. Once Upon a Time In the West

---

Honorable mentions: Goodfellas, Star Wars, The Usual Suspects, A Clockwork Orange.
Nice list I like it well top 5 anyway havent seen any of the bottom 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Best Movie of all time ??

Remove this Banner Ad

Back