Review Best. Season. Ever. Except. For. Premiership. Seasons.

Remove this Banner Ad

Let’s be honest, that whole season as an AFL fan was fantastic but as a Hawthorn fan it was beyond belief.

According to a lot of ‘experts’ and our fans (let’s be honest again) we weren’t expected to get above the bottom 3, some predicting a spoon and one expert (?) even predicting Sam wouldn’t be coach next time we are contending at one point.

I was confident tonight and we lost, but, I am so proud of the effort by everyone involved at the Hawks this year, it’s been ridiculous what we have achieved.

We have built, and we are coming. I don’t know if the next dynasty is upon us but it’s bloody coming very, very soon.

I’d be worried if I wasn’t a Hawk in the coming years.

So proud of the boys. Tonight stings.

I think we've really developed a great brand of footy. Watson is everything we hoped he'd be. Dear played a season none of us saw coming. The majority of our younger players took positive steps.

The list will get better with the addition of Barrass and Battle too. Look out 2025!

Last edited:
It was so much fun watching our hard tackling, run and gun, goal avalanche of a season after like round 7 we were the best team to watch imo and it was nice to get positive media for once, which is rare as a hawk supporter.

Thanx to our team, our social media team and everyone who brought hokball to life.

I left round 2 this season with my Melbourne supporting father in law and my 3 devoted hawks kids. I honestly thought I couldn’t watch another minute of hawks football. We honestly kick our kick outs backwards. We couldn’t have footballed any worse if we wore a black Herbert with a red sash.

I’m so proud of the playing and coaching group to somehow make us the most exciting team to watch this season. Our media team needs credit because they have connected the team and fans like never before. Supporters of teams who hate us still supported us because we play exiting and attractive football.

A loss tonight hurts, especially when a flog like Hinkley rubs it in. I truely believe this is a game we had to lose to make this team great. I was devastated we gave up a winning grand final in 2012, but I truely believe we would not have seen (debatably) the greatest team to take the field in the following years.

I can tell you that this loss has hit the group hard. Sic is in all sorts. This is the kind of loss that makes team great. With history on our side, we win premierships.

We are spoilt to be hawks supporters, and good luck stopping this team next year!

What a season! So proud to be a Hawthorn supporter right now. So many positives from the season. Our coach has said many times that we’re far from the finished product, but I dont think its that far off now. Can’t wait for next season. The boys will use this to spur them onto a more determined ‘25.

It's not a 2012 or a 1990 or a 1982.

But this is a start from an exciting team. We're spoilt and yet we're aware that this, as crushing as tonight is, is just the beginning.

Give the boys a break now and let's see how things go in November. They deserve it.

Great season, very much like 2007.

Losing the EF, prolongs the build and excitement towards our next flag. Winning this year might have been a bit like a premature eject, but now we harden ourselves for the future.

We came from nowhere and plenty of kids announced themselves as future stars.

Only let down were the injuries to injury prone players which hopefully we can insure ourselves against from 2025 onwards.

We should be thereabouts from next year onwards.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Best. Season. Ever. Except. For. Premiership. Seasons.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back