Best Spine in the Comp!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

I really dont understand why we're picking our best midfielder and putting him in the middle. It clearly should be the ruckman.

Therefore....

Lynch
Hansen
Cox
Hunter
Glass

:thumbsu:

Spot on. Usually when you talk of the spine, it's all about KPPs (ie. ruckman, not midfielders). Hence, I think West Coast would be the team with the best 'spine', and by a fair way, though I also like Brisbane, Geelong and Hawthorn.

It should be the ruckmen in the spine.
Every spine at the moment has at least one weak link.
There hasn't been one with five guns since Brisbane's success

Michael
Leppitsch
Keating
Brown
Lynch

Wow, you got every age wrong!

At round 1, 2008

Michael - 30
Fletcher - 32
Lucas - 30
Lloyd - 30

And Stanton is 21.

St Kilda 2008

Hudghton - 31
Maguire - 23
Riewoldt - 25
Koschitzke - 25

I don't get the logic behind putting one midfielder into the spine. Wouldn't the ruckman be more relevant?
Yes our spine is old. But we are not a old side. We are pretty young -

08 Team

B: Slattery Michael Ryder
HB: Nash Fletcher Lovett-Murray
C: Dempsey Watson Winderlich
HF: Welsh Lucas Lovett
F: Davey Lloyd Gumbleton
R: Hille McVeigh Stanton
Int: Laycock Jetta McPhee Monfries

Gilham v N. Ablett-> N.Ablett would win easily
Croad v Mooney-> Tough, but Mooney would win
Hodge v Bartel-> Bartel easily
Franklin v Egan-> Egan
Roughead v Scarlett-> Scarlett would win the contest, and rack up more possessions then anyone else on the field.

I guess it would be entrallling to see the Cats spine take control of the game.

Hahaha thats gold

**********.net Spinal Coundown

1. :cool:
2. St. Kilda
3. Geelong
4. Freo
5. Brisbane
6. WCE
7. Collingwood
8. Sydney
9. Hawthorn
10. Carlton
11. Port
12. North
13. Adelaide
14. Richmond
15. Dogs
16. Melbourne

Pretty spot on I would of thought.

2. St. Kilda
3. Geelong
4. Freo
5. Brisbane
6. WCE
7. Collingwood
8. Sydney
9. Hawthorn
10. Carlton
11. Port
12. North
13. Adelaide
14. Richmond
15. Dogs
16. Melbourne

Your dreaming with those to but all the rest are about right, move St Kilda to the pair down to 6th and 7th respectively and all the other teams up one and that would be close to spot on, but i think i would have Hawthorn above Collingwood and Sydney

2. St. Kilda
3. Geelong
4. Freo
5. Brisbane
6. WCE
7. Collingwood
8. Sydney
9. Hawthorn
10. Carlton
11. Port
12. North
13. Adelaide
14. Richmond
15. Dogs
16. Melbourne

Essendon at no. 1?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Spinal Coundown
It's the Spinal Countdown...

gob-amazes-and-delights-the-crowd-as-the-final-countdown-blares_468x312.jpg

Agree the spine is old but it's not like they are now crap because they hit over 30

Lucas and Lloyd both kicked 60+
Fletcher was AA
Mal was up and down but veru useful

also don't judge Stanton on this year as he was injured for most of it, the kids still only 21 and has huge upside.

agree 100%
alot of people are writing essendon totally off the charts this year.

Lucas and Lloyd, as painful as it is for me to say this, will both be 60+ goal kickers. and stanton will have his make or break year.... my opinion: make...not break

yes essendons 2nd tier players may not be quite up to the other clubs, but dont write them off.

agree 100%
alot of people are writing essendon totally off the charts this year.

Lucas and Lloyd, as painful as it is for me to say this, will both be 60+ goal kickers. and stanton will have his make or break year.... my opinion: make...not break

yes essendons 2nd tier players may not be quite up to the other clubs, but dont write them off.
Let them write us off. There will be many people with egg on their faces. If we do fail, then it will be merely expected anyway, rather than a surprise.
For people tipping a spoon for the Bombers, a team with Lloyd, Lucas and Fletcher couldnt possibly win a spoon could they? *sigh* That 2000 team was really something special:(. Look forward to the day when we are a powerhouse again on-field in the AFL. Dreary times *sigh*

It LOOKS like the Dons on paper but Michael is past it and Stanton isnt much of an inside centre clearance player to put in the middle. Stanton is a half marathon runner who's job is to find space. Looks good on the tele but hardly the stuff of a true centreman.

Mal Michael's name also looks impressive...but from last yrs example the only thing impressive about him these days is the 3 team medals around his neck.

Lloyd yes, Lucas yes, Fletcher yes...but the other two are either played out of position or well past it.

Its not how u can construct a spine on paper...its all about the reality of what happens on the paddock

Geelong and Eagles yes.

Others no.

Tha kangaroos are a little underated.

Firrito did a fantastic job last year
Brown can play and is a genuine centre half back
Simpson is a champion
Petrie has really stepped up as a forward
and Thompson will be back this year.......... not too bad in my book.

Although hard to compete with Geelong.

Scarlett
Egan
Bartel
Mooney
Ottens

On the key position note, I think that Melbourne have a few kids to watch this year, ie. Dunn and Newton who both look fairly handy.

The bombers have the points on the board (except stanton) for best spine, and although ageing a bit they have the likes of Gumbleton and Ryder to replace a couple.

As a doggies fan I am very keen to see how Everitt and Williams go this year as I see them as part of our spine for years to come, in saying that McDougall and Welsh need to have big years.

We at the bulldogs have gone with a makeshift spine since 1998 or so since the likes of Croft, Ellis, West, Grant and Cook led us to the prelim.

As a doggies fan I am very keen to see how Everitt and Williams go this year as I see them as part of our spine for years to come
Yeah agree, those two showed plenty last season. Look to be very good players. You can only hope they continue to develop well.

It LOOKS like the Dons on paper but Michael is past it and Stanton isnt much of an inside centre clearance player to put in the middle. Stanton is a half marathon runner who's job is to find space. Looks good on the tele but hardly the stuff of a true centreman.

Mal Michael's name also looks impressive...but from last yrs example the only thing impressive about him these days is the 3 team medals around his neck.

Lloyd yes, Lucas yes, Fletcher yes...but the other two are either played out of position or well past it.

Its not how u can construct a spine on paper...its all about the reality of what happens on the paddock
From last year's example, how many did Barry Hall kick on Mal last year?? :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Best Spine in the Comp!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back