Betr (new betting app)

Remove this Banner Ad

I bet and lose with Ladbrokes all the time and the most they offer me is 50% to a Max of $50. You must be losing a lot of money to get those offers

Not at all. I am a $10 bettor mate (not a chance I am in profit though). Rarely use either site.

To be fair, I haven't heard from Ladbrokes in ages but BlueBet send me an email perhaps once every few months. I was running a punters club via Ladbrokes with some mates last Spring so that may have had something to do with it too.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Been a classic pump and dump

Not sure the ever got the pump TBH. They completely botched the launch and as far as I can tell it has been downhill since. Would certainly appear to be the case since their investors won't contribute any further funding, News LTD are reportedly furious with the built up liability from the initial 101 promos and now they're looking to sell rather than acquisitions.

In all likely hood, the reason the cash out offers are going out now (especially for Penrith who aren't looking that great atm from what I can see) is that the're trying to clear as much of the liability as possible to help push through a sale.

As tasty as the $101 odds were, they massively ****ed up by launching prior to being ready and not having competitive ongoing promos compared to competitors.

7kqn4g.jpg

would love to know what % of sign ups had more than just the 100/1 bets, there are blokes out there with 100+ accounts all used for this only, completely skewed their early numbers
It is a giant mess for them now

Bit surprised Tripp has read the market changes so poorly tbh, obvs had plenty of previous pump and dump success and must have assumed doing whatever it takes to build a client database would drive the required value for the sale. Problem is launching with such a poor interface was a train wreck and the minute the promos dried up everyone jumped ship.

They prob modelled that 20-30% of the clients they grabbed via promos would stick but tbh no surprise if they're running north of 95% of accounts as inactive. It's a total mess and not sure who would want to buy it unless it's going at fire sale prices.

Bit surprised Tripp has read the market changes so poorly tbh, obvs had plenty of previous pump and dump success and must have assumed doing whatever it takes to build a client database would drive the required value for the sale. Problem is launching with such a poor interface was a train wreck and the minute the promos dried up everyone jumped ship.

They prob modelled that 20-30% of the clients they grabbed via promos would stick but tbh no surprise if they're running north of 95% of accounts as inactive. It's a total mess and not sure who would want to buy it unless it's going at fire sale prices.

Rebrand as Bigfootypuntbook.com and get Chief to fund us?

Remove this Banner Ad

Betr (new betting app)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back