Betting websites

Remove this Banner Ad

Tom looks like the boy everyone picked on at school. They always end up successful, wait a minute, i wish i had a rich family like his to buy my success!!!

Heh, here's my email to BF and their response:

Dear Betfair,

As you are no doubt aware, your partner Sports Alive Pty Ltd today entered liquidation: http://www.search.asic.gov.au/cgi-bin/gns030c?juris=9&hdtext=ACN&srchsrc=1&acn=069087332

Could you please advise if Betfair intends to honour the balance of your partner's clients?

One of the only reasons I played there was because I knew they were associated with Betfair, and could be relied upon.

Kind regards,

BF response:

Thank you for your e-mail.

All Betfair customer funds are protected and remain available.

Sports Alive account holders and all specific questions should be directed to Sports Alive on 1300 656540

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further enquiries.

Kind regards,

18 months isn't that long really.

They were probably kept afloat by hooking up with Betfair as a partner and paying out the pickles while making the bigger payouts hold on.

Appears no one is any clearer about anything.

Have chatted to a guy who I would think would be in the know, I updated HIM with what I had picked up from a few forums.

Sports Al should have at least sent an email.

Knowing the admin/liquidation process quite well, even if people get their money, it will be ages before they do.

Anyone else have a crapload of Evolution Reward points?

I wonder if these are still valid.

Unsecured creditor... Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo chance in hell. And, even if worth something, liquidator/lawyers will ratchet fees to offset any value.

Getting the sense they owe a lot of people for referral/affiliate arrangements too.

They (and ACT government) have handled this really poorly. An email should have been sent, answering all the bloody obvious questions that people have.

Unsecured creditor... Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo chance in hell. And, even if worth something, liquidator/lawyers will ratchet fees to offset any value.

Getting the sense they owe a lot of people for referral/affiliate arrangements too.

They (and ACT government) have handled this really poorly. An email should have been sent, answering all the bloody obvious questions that people have.

I think they are a 3rd party entity though and not directly linked to sportsalive.

https://www.evolutionrewards.com.au/our-partners/

However, they only have 2 partners. The other is 'The Tote' :p

bit different to a normal company liquidation, Aus licensed bookies are required to post a large security bond in case they do go **** up, to protect punters and the reputation of the industry.

I suggest your best bet is to contact the ACT Dept of Gaming for details of what they do in such situations.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gerard Daffy the flog was posting on twitter as late as two days ago.

The COO left in July.

Apparently he was "very surprised" by developments at sports alive in the last 24 hours.

So do we have some sort of recourse to claim our money? I note someone mentioned that they have to have a bond of sorts for situations such as these?

So many things on note here. My god.

1. One punter alone is understood to be owed $110,000. ACT Racing and Gaming Commission CEO Greg Jones said there was no guarantee beyond the $250,000 bond amount "and nor should there be". "They are a private company," he said.

What a pleb. Seriously. Does he know the laws he is supposed to be "commissioning". Or he is just a flog overpaid public servant who spends all his afternoons in long lunches and when the shit hits the fan, runs for the trees? What a cat. I hope he has been massively paraphrased/misquoted because if not, he is as useless as **** on a bull.

2. NT laws seem to be far more stringent, with credit balances required to be held in cash. I would suggested that anyone with money outside there pull it ASAP because funds could be embezzled with no recourse.

3. Any media releases? Emails? Messages on websites?

4. Profits of $4m and $5m over last two years and company valued at $20m. Now they are broke. Judge this how you so please.

I wonder if they got destroyed by the recent run of favourites covering in the AFL? It has been a brutal run for books over the past couple of months.

bit different to a normal company liquidation, Aus licensed bookies are required to post a large security bond in case they do go **** up, to protect punters and the reputation of the industry.

I suggest your best bet is to contact the ACT Dept of Gaming for details of what they do in such situations.

I am hoping somebody can give me some advice, I expect that I have been screwed by Sportsalive so this is probably more like a vent rather than a plea.
I have been a regular punter on Sportsalive since they advertised a new sports bet site in the Melbourne Herald Sun several years ago promoting the "$100 free when depositing $100" in to Sportsacumen.com. From memory, this was about 5 years ago.So a few days a week for the last several years I have poured my hard earned dollars in to sportsacumen/sportsalive. I have had my fare share of wins and losses as most punters do.
2 weeks ago on 12th August I made a casual $180 deposit to lay down some multi bets over the weekend. With luck (and favourites) on my side I managed to turn my $180 in to $10,200 mainly through AFL, NRL, Euro Soccer and MLB multi's. As any working class punter can imagine I was completely beside myself spending a lot of time day dreaming about how I could spend my recently made small fortune.
On Monday 22nd August (this week) sensibility prevailed and I withdrew $8600, leaving $1600 to play with this weekend. Looking back, recent withdrawals from Sports Alive took longer than the standard next working day and calls made to their customer service assured me it was due to delays with processing - this was seemingly true because approx 6 weeks ago Ireceived a bank to bank withdrawal within approx 7 working days.

Anyway, when i decided to check the status of my pending winnings online this Thursday 25th August I was confronted with the "down for scheduled maintenance" banner. So i called the number on the website and that resulted in a recorded announcement instructing to visit their website - i cant believe alarm bells did not ring at this stage! Then again, as i say i havent had any reason for concern in the several years i have been using their site. Another day of being unable to contact them or check my account on their website passed by so i decided to google and found out the great news.

Naturally I am beside myself that by far my best ever return on sports betting appears to have disappeared (my prev best return was about $1800 and i am by no means a wealthy person)! As zakazano mentioned customers should contact ACT dept of gaming - do any of you fellow punters have any additional advice??

I am desperately holding on to the hope that because i withdrew my winnings on 22/8/11 and sportsalive went in to liquidation on 26/8/11 that i will receive what i am 100% entitled to. Then i look at the $90 in my bank account and realise that i am probably one of the luckiest turned unluckiest small time punters around. Not to sound so sad but i am utterly amazed that i deposit and withdraw small amounts every week for years and the only time i have a boastable sum i find out they've gone under!

Any advice would be most appreciated...
(do you think IF their customers are protected i am only entitled to $180 or $10,200?)

Thanks in advance;
John Citizen aka A very sad man :mad::mad::mad:

I've done a fair bit of research and I'm suffering some large losses like yourself regarding Sportalive.

I've already prepared myself for the worst which is a complete loss of all funds (together with pending future bets).

Best case scenario:

Sportsalive kept punting funds separate to their day to day accounts (as required by legislation) and you will get all your money back from the administrator.

Assuming there is a shortfall in accounts, Sportsalive has an additional $250k bond with the government.

All of this money should theoretically go to the punter before other creditors as it is in reality our money.

Reality:
They've shut down the website with no notices to anyone.
I suspect any monies have been channeled elsewhere.
Sportsalive have had a cash flow issue for many months.
I would expect that the 250k bond money will be split between all punters owed cash and we would be at best expecting a return of 10c to every dollar.

What else can you do?

Notify the ACT Gambling Commission of your losses.
They will take your details.
Wait and hope.
They will notify you of the administrator who will have a better idea of the current financial position of sportsalive.

cheers asanque
i will be making a call to ACT Gambling Commission 1st thing Monday morning.
In the meantime i have opened a tab sportsbet account so i can lay down some euro soccer multi's tonight. They happily took my opening deposit but could not verify me online so now my account is disabled - aaargh (at least it aint 10k) :)

good luck with recovering your own sportsalive losses mate

Have to laugh at the bet247 advertising at the ground tonight.

No one is any more entitled to their funds in a liquidation sense, irrespective of when requests were made to withdraw.

In fact, BEST advice I can give everyone... If you have managed to withdraw funds and the liquidator contacts you, DON'T say you thought they were in strife. They will try to reclaim funds off you as you have jumped the line. Plead ignorance. Don't try and act like you were smarter than everyone else or the liquidator will put YOU in the crosshairs.

I am hoping somebody can give me some advice, I expect that I have been screwed by Sportsalive so this is probably more like a vent rather than a plea.
I have been a regular punter on Sportsalive since they advertised a new sports bet site in the Melbourne Herald Sun several years ago promoting the "$100 free when depositing $100" in to Sportsacumen.com. From memory, this was about 5 years ago.So a few days a week for the last several years I have poured my hard earned dollars in to sportsacumen/sportsalive. I have had my fare share of wins and losses as most punters do.
2 weeks ago on 12th August I made a casual $180 deposit to lay down some multi bets over the weekend. With luck (and favourites) on my side I managed to turn my $180 in to $10,200 mainly through AFL, NRL, Euro Soccer and MLB multi's. As any working class punter can imagine I was completely beside myself spending a lot of time day dreaming about how I could spend my recently made small fortune.
On Monday 22nd August (this week) sensibility prevailed and I withdrew $8600, leaving $1600 to play with this weekend. Looking back, recent withdrawals from Sports Alive took longer than the standard next working day and calls made to their customer service assured me it was due to delays with processing - this was seemingly true because approx 6 weeks ago Ireceived a bank to bank withdrawal within approx 7 working days.

Anyway, when i decided to check the status of my pending winnings online this Thursday 25th August I was confronted with the "down for scheduled maintenance" banner. So i called the number on the website and that resulted in a recorded announcement instructing to visit their website - i cant believe alarm bells did not ring at this stage! Then again, as i say i havent had any reason for concern in the several years i have been using their site. Another day of being unable to contact them or check my account on their website passed by so i decided to google and found out the great news.

Naturally I am beside myself that by far my best ever return on sports betting appears to have disappeared (my prev best return was about $1800 and i am by no means a wealthy person)! As zakazano mentioned customers should contact ACT dept of gaming - do any of you fellow punters have any additional advice??

I am desperately holding on to the hope that because i withdrew my winnings on 22/8/11 and sportsalive went in to liquidation on 26/8/11 that i will receive what i am 100% entitled to. Then i look at the $90 in my bank account and realise that i am probably one of the luckiest turned unluckiest small time punters around. Not to sound so sad but i am utterly amazed that i deposit and withdraw small amounts every week for years and the only time i have a boastable sum i find out they've gone under!

Any advice would be most appreciated...
(do you think IF their customers are protected i am only entitled to $180 or $10,200?)

Thanks in advance;
John Citizen aka A very sad man :mad::mad::mad:

You poor bastard :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Betting websites

Remove this Banner Ad

Back