Betting websites

Remove this Banner Ad

I think if you want to get any response from them, it's going to need more media attention...

Unfortunately, I don't think the bleeding hearts over at GetUp! would help out in this instance.

Your settings don't allow PMs, but please send me through any information you have on Sportsalive.
Not sure how to enable pm's . Read Fiskys article and if he ever puts out a part 2 everyone will know how the place was run and it won't be pretty. He was off to Bet365 as quick as he could go.
The ACT GRC has so much to answer for, how could everything be ok after repeated complaints by slow pays and dodgy accounting. (Kiwi(ponzi) L... W..... assured me everything was fine and my money was safe......shame on him)

If anyone got an offer for Bet365 I'm sure they'll take it. They're offering serious coin, apparently to get standard phone operators over from the UK to do a stint, they're giving them 80 to 90k.

Sportingbet lost their sports manager to them and I'm sure other agencies are experiencing the same thing. Regardless of that, fair enough to jump ship, good traders are hard to come by.

Who are Betchoice? Are they ran out of the ACT aswell? Cos if they are I aint going near them even with a free bet!

Pretty sure if you use the internet you can find out most of this information.

They are run out of Darwin and Sydney. They're established and several agencies use their odds for feature racing.

Not sure how to enable pm's . Read Fiskys article and if he ever puts out a part 2 everyone will know how the place was run and it won't be pretty. He was off to Bet365 as quick as he could go.
The ACT GRC has so much to answer for, how could everything be ok after repeated complaints by slow pays and dodgy accounting. (Kiwi(ponzi) L... W..... assured me everything was fine and my money was safe......shame on him)

I've read Fisky's article, but give us a preview into part 2 here then.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The ASIC site states the following documents were received today:

30/08/2011 7E3914955 4 5011A Copy of Minutes of Meeting of Members, Creditors,
30/08/2011 7E3914950 4 205M Notification of Resolution Winding Up The Company

Does anyone have access to these documents?

I've asked the liquidators and the ACT Gambling Commission for copies.

Will think about throwing good money after bad and get them myself if necessary.

I've asked the liquidators and the ACT Gambling Commission for copies.

Will think about throwing good money after bad and get them myself if necessary.

I bought something online that had Directors personal details, fixed and floating charges, etc.

You can buy these other documents too.

If anyone wants to pool together, PM me and I'll arrange (this WON'T be like SportsAlive... You will get something for your $$$'s) :)

If anyone got an offer for Bet365 I'm sure they'll take it. They're offering serious coin, apparently to get standard phone operators over from the UK to do a stint, they're giving them 80 to 90k.

Sportingbet lost their sports manager to them and I'm sure other agencies are experiencing the same thing. Regardless of that, fair enough to jump ship, good traders are hard to come by.

80-90k? Where did you get that from?

That's some serious cash.

i'm dubious on 80-90k to answer phones. I know traders there that are on 90-100k and that requires 3wks training in the UK and some experience and skill. good money to work phones if that's accurate though.

The call centre manager is being offered 130k.

The Aussies they employ may not be getting the 80k but other agencies have taken notice because they've upped the salaries for their full timers a significant amount.

after being made aware of Fisky's article Canberra Times ran something today.

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/new...nters-caught-in-betting-collapse/2275778.aspx

Once again a report totally failing to mention the apparent failure to comply with the requirement that punters' funds be maintained in a segregated account and overseen by the government regulator!

Worrying that the liquidators have confirmed a $1.5 million shortfall for punters.

Looks like at best a 1/6 return (given the 250k bond)

Just had a look at the 09/10 Annual Report for the ACT G&RC and at the end of the reporting period (30/6/2010) there were 3 bookmakers that were licensed in the ACT - ACT TAB Ltd; Betworks Pty Ltd and Sports Alive Pty Ltd.

Also, the Commission conducted 53 compliance audits of racing and wagering providers over the period and they DID NOT IDENTIFY A SINGLE BREACH of the Race and Sports Bookmaking Act 2001, the Racing Act 1999 and the Gambling and Racing Control (Code of Practice) Regulation 2002.

They did however conduct 2 probity investigations (read background checks) in relation to Sports Alive Board appointments during the 2009-10 financial year. In both instances, no adverse findings were reported and both individuals were found to meet the statutory suitability requirements of the legislation.

Further, the report notes that the Commission did not receive any complaints in relation to Sports Bookmakers during the reporting period.

It is clear that the Commission had the powers and legislative backing to properly supervise/monitor the accounts and financial activities of Sports Alive. However, the poor oversight and lack of any enforcement mechanism is disturbing. It seems that the Commission's incompetence goes back a long way and Greg Jones has played a large role to say the least.

From the ACT regulators:

Dear Sir / Madam

I refer to your recent query regarding Sports Alive Pty Ltd.

As you are already aware, Sports Alive was placed into voluntary liquidation on 26 August 2011 pursuant to the provisions of the Corporations Act.

The appointed liquidators are K.L.Sutherland and H.McKinnon of Bent & Cougle Pty Ltd. The liquidators are currently assessing Sports Alive’s financial position.

The liquidator’s website is at www.bentcougle.com.au .

Information regarding the liquidation will be posted on Bent & Cougle’s website. Some information has already been placed on the site and further material and documents (including circulars to creditors) will be uploaded as they become available.

To ensure that you are kept up to date regarding this ongoing process, please monitor the information on the bentcougle website.

The ACT Gambling and Racing Commission is not able to provide further comment on the situation until information regarding Sports Alive’s current financial situation is determined.

Further updates will be provided as information is received.

Thank you for your ongoing patience while the actual financial position is determined.

Remove this Banner Ad

Betting websites

Remove this Banner Ad

Back