• From NFC

Votes: 8 44.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Who do go for in the nfl?

oh_my_hat said:
Cowboys since the early 80's.

Man how bout all those Eagles fans crawling out of the woodwork! :eek:
I think you'll find that there have been alot of them right from when they started following the NFL.. I am one, and have followed the NFL since 97 and just started goin for Philly..

It's just a case of people never asking you the team that you follow

'Da Godamn' Jets :D

I lived in Noo Joisey as a kid, just out of Joisey City, at a time when the Giants were kings. So whats a kid to do! Besides, all of my mates were Jets fans. When I found out about Joe Namath, I was hooked. What a bloody legend! I've since suffered through the Boomer Esiason and Vinny Testaverde (will it ever end Vinny!) years.

Still, when Don Lane used to present "NFL American Football" on the ABC, I got to watch the great Joe Montana (my favourite player ever) and Jerry Rice carve up the NFC East and win 4. When the Boys took over in the 90s, I enjoyed watching them, but Aikman and Smith could never replace Montana and Rice.

Kinda lost interest there for a while (must be about the time Foxtel took over), but I'm back baby, for the last couple of years. I'm getting Foxtel digital in a fortnight so I'll be able to watch until my hearts content.

There's a new DVD set out where NFL films is packaging the Superbowls into 10 year lots. I think I'll get the XI-XX and XXI-XXX boxes, feel the memories coming back.

PS: For the record, I've always followed Boston teams in the US Sports, the Red Sox, the Celtics, and the Revolution but I could never bring myself to follow the Pats (must've been that stupid 'Minuteman bending over a football' logo!).
Yes, I'm still on cloud nine after the Sox win (I never thought I would say that!). Been getting emails from a friend in Beantown all week, wish I could be in Boston for this saturdays parade.

Been a Cowboys fan since 86 when my old man came back from an american holiday with a cowboys jersey and since then i have been a big fan. Times are tough at the minute but in the nfl world of parity it wont take too long to get back to some success if Jerry Jones can put his ego aside and let tuna do his thing.

I've only recently started getting into NFL football so I haven't really developed a "passion" for any one team, But I'm starting to lean towards the Giants. Probably cause I'm a Knick fan more than anything. (Even though they're based in Jersey)

In highschool I went to Cincinnati on a music excursion so I decided to follow the Bengals. Been a fan since Boomer Esiason and the Ickey Shuffle was around. Unfortunately we haven't been to the playoffs in 14 years but Marvin Lewis finally has the ship heading in the right direction. Fantastic win over the Donks on MNF. Who Dey.

coasting said:
In highschool I went to Cincinnati on a music excursion so I decided to follow the Bengals. Been a fan since Boomer Esiason and the Ickey Shuffle was around. Unfortunately we haven't been to the playoffs in 14 years but Marvin Lewis finally has the ship heading in the right direction. Fantastic win over the Donks on MNF. Who Dey.

:cool: GO BENGALS!!

Have been a Bengals fan since the mid 80s. In 1991 I went to the States for the first time and went to Cincinnati to see a Bengals game. I met some people at the game and they invited me over to their place after the game and I ended up staying a few days with them. I have been back several times since and my friends regularly send me Bengals merchandise.

When I used to be able to watch it on Fox Sports, I used to follow the New York Jets, I check out the results from time to time to see how they are going.

I'm not overly passionate about them but I do follow the Chiefs. Must be the red and white.

chumpbailey1.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

DonFan said:
:cool: GO BENGALS!!
me too. picked em as a youngster in the early 80's (pretty much cos they were close to essendon colours really - pretty scientific I know!).

which is strange, cos I've never been there and can't really see a reason to, and I had a wicked time in San Francisco and would love to go back.
(They're still the enemy for the bengals aren't they?!)

Nightwolf_69 said:
49ers, but now im thinkin it would be wise to support a different team.

Wise ?? :confused: A bandwagon is a wobbly carriage that takes you on short trips then leaves you stranded at the end of the month. Philly's bandwagon keeps breaking down in it's own backyard. :D

DBAH0 said:
I bet Chad Johnson was trash talking after that play. :rolleyes:

Like 7-11, Chad is always open :D

According to bengals.com he said "I told him to stay healthy and keep on going. I told him that he is the best in the league."

Seattle Seahawks- because I lived there for 2.5 years.

Not that they are likely to be successful!

Green Bay, of course :)

Actually, when I was very little I was a Dallas fan, but I had a lot of favourite teams. I went through phases where I liked the Oilers and the Steelers as well. I had also liked the Packers a little bit.

When I moved to Wisconsin, I pretty much became a Packers fan over time, although they were so awful during the 80s that it was hard to like them. But I began to like the Cowboys less and less once Tom Landry had gone and the likes of Barry Switzer, Jimmy Johnson and Jerry Jones began showing up.

Early 90's, my cousin lent me a copy of Tom Landry Football. Quite addictive. Picked this team called the Cowboys who were pretty much unbeatable, especially with their QB 'Acheman' (Obviously they didn't license the names). Been a Cowboy fan ever since, still waiting to reclaim those glory days, but that's not going to be for a while judging by the 3-4 start to the season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Other BF NFL Supporters List (2001-06)

Back