BH v Frankston PM

Remove this Banner Ad

Got ugly by the end. Capitulation.

CJ great. Callow and Jeka no opportunities. Saunders busy.
Great work Stemline.

I hope Saunders can stay on the park. Kid has something we need. His rundown tackles are amazing.

Great work Stemline.

I hope Saunders can stay on the park. Kid has something we need. His rundown tackles are amazing.

Agree. Every time I have seen Jack he has been very good. Just needs to get a body that can play AFL.

Thanks for the run down Stem.

Not a whole lot to take away from this one.

We got outworked and out hunted all night. Box Hill didn't look up for the match at any stage really. Hung in for 2 and a half qtrs but capitulated pretty badly after that.

Ended up 7 goals to 14.

CJ was electric though. Took his leaping intercept marks, and also a couple where he out-muscled a similar sized opponent one on one.
Some of his pick ups at pace drew oohs and aaahs from the crowd. One in particular where he flashed through a massive pack that had been scrambling for the ball for ages, plucked the ball from the ground with one hand and was back out other side of the congestion before anyone had time to blink. Fed off the handpass to Saunders and then made space to get it back on the run. Sam Mitchell who was right next to us was jumping in sheer joy. Saunders went the kick instead and Sam wasn't so happy. "No! Read the play Saunders!"

Saunders for his part played a pretty good game though, playing the whole game on a wing.

Callow and Jeka played the odd cameo but opportunities were scarce and the delivery appalling.

Hartigan like CJ played 3 qtrs. Geez he turned it over a lot on the last line. But the whole Box Hill side seemed intent on turning it over all night, especially on the way out of defence. Proctor made special mention of it in the huddles but it never improved. Was not a good display of skills.

Seamus Mitchell. My word he is non-influential. I think he had one kick.

Box Hill blokes were mostly ordinary. Ben Cavara played his first game - worked hard and kicked a couple. Good tackler. Brady Grey looks way too slow even for VFL.

Mason DeWit played a great intercept game across half back but like everyone, his kicking was ordinary. Mascitti can hold his head up. Adduci had a shocker. Midfield got slaughtered.

Box Hill must be counting on Reeves or Lynch (or McEvoy) to be playing each week, cos the Hawkins kid they've got rucking currently ain't anywhere near up to it at this stage of his career.

Ed Phillips, Cal Porter, Jaylon Thorpe & James Blanck didn't play.

Day, Maginness, Moore and a few others there. All the Hawthorn coaches too.

Last edited:
What posi did Seamus play?

Great write up 👍
Started forward, spent a little time on the wing but by the last qtr was playing hbf. Perhaps he did a good job locking down on someone in the 2nd half, it's hard to tell, we were getting overrun. Fair to say currently he's very unobtrusive. Hopefully he gets his confidence up as the season progresses.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back