Biased/incompetent media coverage

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
All this talk about how Victorian football fans are so passionate when they're some of the softest in the country.

Certain time-slot? They don't show up.
They play at Etihad (great stadium) instead of the MCG? They don't show up.

It will be pathetic if a game between 2 Vic clubs with about 180k combined members doesn't fill up the MCG. SAD.
They call sydney people theatre goers. They are the biggest of the lot. They need to create these special event games to boost attendences. Anzac Day game, freeze mnd, dreamt at the G, Country appreciation game, Thursday night season opener, stand alone good friday fixture

I completely disagree with everything u said there.

You can say what u want, but he is very bright compared to all other journos

Based on what? Have you ever seen him produce any original research or insights into the game?

He is a Geelong fan-boy who drools over Chris Scott when he walks into the studio.

If you think he is bright then I worry about your IQ.

So has anyone heard or seen anything about the Shuey deliberate behind?
You know, the one where he was sandwiched between 2 brisbane players and spoilt a bouncing ball through for a behind.
No, because it was the correct decision

He was too far from goals apparently, even though he was under pressure.

Yeah, can't do it from further out than the top of the goalsquare and he was about half a goalsquare further out than that.

He was too far from goals apparently, even though he was under pressure.
It was something to do with being outside the goalsquare wasn't it? Does that mean you are deemed under pressure in the goalsquare but not outside of it? What happens next year when there is an 18m goalsquare?

So has anyone heard or seen anything about the Shuey deliberate behind?
You know, the one where he was sandwiched between 2 brisbane players and spoilt a bouncing ball through for a behind.

Decision was correct

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/sp...y/news-story/5bca8d0c7abdf39834dce50bbce9ac36

For this pre-season and the premiership season, the AFL is standing by last year’s interpretation where, under law 15.8.1, umpires will work to one or more of four criteria when awarding a free kick:

1. A player cannot rush a behind if he is outside the top of the kick-off line (nine metres out) and its extension to the behind posts.

2. A player who has time and space in which to dispose of the ball cannot rush a behind.

3. A player who is not considered under immediate physical pressure cannot rush a behind (work on fact, not perceived).

4. From a ruck contest, if an opposition ruck hits the ball on the full through for a point, then this will be adjudicated as a deliberate rushed behind.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/sp...y/news-story/5bca8d0c7abdf39834dce50bbce9ac36

For this pre-season and the premiership season, the AFL is standing by last year’s interpretation where, under law 15.8.1, umpires will work to one or more of four criteria when awarding a free kick:

1. A player cannot rush a behind if he is outside the top of the kick-off line (nine metres out) and its extension to the behind posts.

2. A player who has time and space in which to dispose of the ball cannot rush a behind.

3. A player who is not considered under immediate physical pressure cannot rush a behind (work on fact, not perceived).

4. From a ruck contest, if an opposition ruck hits the ball on the full through for a point, then this will be adjudicated as a deliberate rushed behind.

this just isn't true though, or at the very least it isn't being applied as it is written here

it's happened plenty of times where the ball will come off a defender who is more than 9 meters out and go through for a rushed behind, how often is that paid?

It's a weird one because I reckon if that goes to the boundary line that wouldn't get ruled deliberate, but in general the interpretation is harsher for the boundary than the goals.

It's a weird one because I reckon if that goes to the boundary line that wouldn't get ruled deliberate, but in general the interpretation is harsher for the boundary than the goals.
And the soccer 'own goal' only minutes before at the other end would be deliberate, if it was the boundary line.

The penalty is too harsh anyway. Should be a ball up at top of the goal square (and the behind counts).

Haha, Tim gossages tweet was good. Said he’s loving the moaning from the vics about Thursday night final. It’s a school night? Last time I checked there’s schools in Perth too.

He’s been good of late old Goss, sticking up for us when the vics put the boots in.
He knows where his bread is buttered, unlike Basil

No, because it was the correct decision
It may be the correct decision but for the 1 or 2 they pay per year it was far from the most obvious.
Technically yes it was there but geez I have see more deliberate with less pressure not paid.
Just that typical grey area in the rules to give the ump's an out I guess.

It may be the correct decision but for the 1 or 2 they pay per year it was far from the most obvious.
Technically yes it was there but geez I have see more deliberate with less pressure not paid.
It would be paid at least 9/10 times, there's a reason there was no reaction from Shuey.

What made it lworse was Shuey looked at his options then chose to smash it deliberately through the goals .The umpire saw that ..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

They call sydney people theatre goers. They are the biggest of the lot. They need to create these special event games to boost attendences. Anzac Day game, freeze mnd, dreamt at the G, Country appreciation game, Thursday night season opener, stand alone good friday fixture
well we do like a show tune.

I have to say the AFL presentation is pretty bland, evidently only melbourne monumental games - you know like saints and blues on a friday night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back