Big Cricket Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Terrible LBW call that but did they even review Broad’s front foot? Looked like a noey when they had the side on replay after it was overturned.

Yeah the dude on looked iffy - even my wife looked up and said he only just got his foot on the line

Good day for Australia

To be 5/339 after being sent in on a greenish wicket under cloudy skies is a good effort

Gifted them a couple of wickets late with injudicious shots that brought England back into the game

All the batters got start’s except Green who won’t be happy with his dismissal

Head threw away a ton but Smith is still a chance to get his

Score of 400+ if we can get through the new ball tomorrow

How's this description in an ABC article recapping day 1? Glorious!

The Ashes had arrived at Lord's, moving from cricket's Glastonbury at Edgbaston to its Royal Albert Hall, and a gloriously dreary London sky had greeted them.

Fresh from a week of celebrating one of the great defeats in Test cricket history, and bold predictions of impending victories by "I don't know, 150 runs", England took the new ball in mouth-watering bowling conditions and had Australia bracing for an onslaught.

But it just never came.

The Ashes had arrived at Lord's, moving from cricket's Glastonbury at Edgbaston to its Royal Albert Hall, and a gloriously dreary London sky had greeted them.

Fresh from a week of celebrating one of the great defeats in Test cricket history, and bold predictions of impending victories by "I don't know, 150 runs", England took the new ball in mouth-watering bowling conditions and had Australia bracing for an onslaught.

But it just never came.

I just stumbled upon that article myself. Brilliant shade in that line.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But it just never came.

I wish we had someone like that writing previews here

2/19 off 8 from the part time spinner.
3/320 from the rest.
Root's a much better bowler than given credit before, but that's still disappointing and will feed their belief about their selection decisions.

Still, only 5 wickets in a day when opting to bowl is an absolute fail from England.

Great innings from Head comes to a reckless end chasing Root

Many a young man …. no I need adjust that to, men of all ages for that matter have come to a reckless end chasing a root.

It’s one of life’s situation in which all semblance of sensible decision making, seemingly goes out the window.

Many a marriage, career, commercial opportunity and friendship have been harmed and or torpedoed by some bloke chasing a root.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back