Banter The No Dazzlering Big Cricket Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I haven't been following but what sort of pitches are being served up? Are they basically the concrete strips that we used to play on back in the 80s ? (some of us)

(This is Zampa referring to the Junction Oval a few years back but I think it applies here too.)

zorba.jpeg

Riveting start to the year in County Cricket

09825e11e0b00f223b74553662bd9dbc.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

JFM another IPL 50, 19 balls this time. (Apparently his slowest one for the tournament haha)

But nah let's take Green to the WC instead.

FWIW I agree with the selector's logic that he's not flexible enough and has to bat PP, but he's a great 'break glass in case of emergency' option to have in the squad.

JFM another IPL 50, 19 balls this time. (Apparently his slowest one for the tournament haha)

But nah let's take Green to the WC instead.

FWIW I agree with the selector's logic that he's not flexible enough and has to bat PP, but he's a great 'break glass in case of emergency' option to have in the squad.
He should be opening with Head.

Cam Green adapting to his new role in the middle order. He's still not a natural for #5/6, because he starts too slow, but he's learning to make his bowling harder to hit. Going at under 9 an over, and taking the odd wicket. Now looking like a more viable backup option for the WC. With RCB on a roll, he might even get to play finals.

I'd still prefer Short to Agar, and I'd be tempted to drop a wicketkeeper for Fraser-McGurk.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back