Paralowiepower

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 15, 2002
Port Adelaide "Forever"
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Man Utd :Adelaide United
I hope I get all this right, feeling a little bit hung over ATM, so feel free to correct me or add things in.

* The AFL has given us a $200,000 grant to attract more juniors in following the PAFC.

* Mark Williams all but confirmed Tredders as captain when he said he would have big shoes to fill.

* Home crowds were up a massive 10%.

* g_bear or should I say Jill ****** :p get's , very seedy after two alcoholic beverages.

* Matty Primus will have a role at the PAFC in 2006

* Don't believe the hype about the Graham Cornes hating Port ferals. I didn't see anyone with a bigger smile last night as he was mixing in with the average Port supporter. ( Atleast he got an invite and attended ours :D )

Over 700 attended a wonderful and emotional night, the speeches from Poults, Jamesy and Matty were both inspiring, touching and made you feel proud that you are a Port supporter.
The only disappointed person I saw was Kane Cornes when he came second for the John Cahill medal. He looked and sounded totally shattered. As Choco put it, he knows it will make Kane thrive for bigger and better things next year.

Another wonderful event put on by the PAFC.

I was hoping Kane would win it.
What was the points break up?
KC would have started the year like a house on fire. Did Tredrea catch him later in the year after Kane had a few average games?

*PAF said:
KC would have started the year like a house on fire. Did Tredrea catch him later in the year after Kane had a few average games?

I think it was more the other way around. From memory Kane was 15-20 points behind Tredrea after round 5.

This is ours as a comparison.
Macca19 said:
Round 4:

LEADERBOARD

73 - K Cornes
63 - Walsh
59 - Dew
37 - P Burgoyne
31 - Tredrea
25 - Kingsley
24 - Wanganeen
21 - Wakelin
14 - Cassisi
14 - Ebert
Round 5 is when Tredrea had a big one

*PAF said:
Other way around, Kane hit the front in Rd 22 by memory, only for Tredders to get more votes in the final against the Kangaroos.

*PAF said:
I was hoping Kane would win it....KC would have started the year like a house on fire....
Kane needs to be a little more selfish and showy at times. He needs to run it a bit further like Senior Burger does (while giving us heart attacks) and maybe push the limits of sometimes over cautious team rules. He also needs to sink the goals he so frequently misses, a bit of a fixation of mine. When he does he'll find not just the B&F around his neck but significant Brownlow votes as well.

Dont worry I havent forgotten about the BF Port POTY. Im waiting for the SANFL GF to be played and for last night so I can get all the player stats and comparisons together.

Macca19 said:
Dont worry I havent forgotten about the BF Port POTY. Im waiting for the SANFL GF to be played and for last night so I can get all the player stats and comparisons together.
We knew that Macca.
Do not worry about that cheeky whinger from WA if she starts, she's all talk. Well at least I can say that from 3,000Km away. :p

A great night but disappointing about the result, everyone had expected Kane Cornes to win but very close (3 votes). But congratulations to Tredders, an absolute legend for Port Adelaide for winning his third best and fairest

Hey PRED, I hope your not "turning japanese" as to what the Vapours sang about!! If so, far too much information thanx

Jumbo said:
Hey PRED, I hope your not "turning japanese" as to what the Vapours sang about!! If so, far too much information thanx

Hehe. I had wondered that too.

Jumbo said:
:D
Classical.
You can add Men At Work's breakthrough hit " Who Can It Be Now " to that list. Same subject.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Van Der Zeevalk said:
:D
Classical.
You can add Men At Work's breakthrough hit " Who Can It Be Now " to that list. Same subject.

Billy Idol's "Dancing With Myself".

raman said:
That Divinyls one. Quite obviousy.
I Touch Myself.
Too blatant.
Peter Gabriel - Games Without Frontiers. Slightly different subject matter.
Hans plays with Lottie
Lottie Plays with Jane
Jane plays with Willy
And Willy's happy again :D

then there's the synthesised intro / outro....

" She's so f***** old....."

Was actually quite an educational evening on all accounts.
Over on Table 53 we were treated to lessons in culinary art, with Scotchmonster giving us a demonstration of a new chic dessert ' Chocolate Moose Coffee ', a surefire hit for your next dinner party or formal function.
Hope Bean Bar or Hudson's don't get hold of it :D

Paralowiepower said:
* The AFL has given us a $200,000 grant to attract more juniors in following the PAFC.

SpringChoke
BigFooty Veteran

Posts: 4,475 Re: AFC v Port Power - "Hatred has gone too far"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just read on the Port board that the AFL has given Port money to develop their junior supportbase. First they give them a premiership and now $200,000. I hope they AFC kick up a stink over this.

I knew this sook would cry about this :D
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?p=4012378#post4012378

Perhaps he should ask for a copy of the detailed Financial reports (not the small glossy ones sent out to members) from the AFC as they have received grants in the past for some things that wouldn't normally be consided fair or normal to the other clubs........

Mind you that would mean having to think fairly and objectively about things.......... :p

I remember a few years ago when the AFL gave all clubs $200,000 DK from the Waverley sale, which had to be used to improve or pay off debts at the club. We used it towards the upgrade of the social facilities (upstairs at the time)
The reason the AFL did it this way, was to stop the greedy SANFL trying to take 80%.

Who is to say this is not something like this, and this time we choose to use it to chase junior supporters? Does not mean the AFC did not get the same grant, just they could be using it for cleaning the gutters of the shed or replacing another lap top James Fantasia could of lost.

Got to hand it to springjoke though, someone with his intelligents, I don't know how he could even use a computer, he would put James Fantasia to shame.

Remove this Banner Ad

Big news from B&F.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back