Big red still has the hunger

Remove this Banner Ad

Free Willy said:
Because you refer to Lance as an overpaid has been.

I reckon youve got a bloke on exactly the same cash that looks finished, Lance on the other hand is injury free & looking like recapturing his old form.

Lemming 673 signing out. :rolleyes:
So can I ask, when did Lance last play a good game.

I'm sure he kicked 5 last pre-season and as per usual, out came all the predictions of the new Lance.

So when was his last decent game?

JeffDunne said:

I'm sure he kicked 5 last pre-season and as per usual, out came all the predictions of the new Lance.

That's just the point, he has been so down on form and confidence that he hasn't played a good one for ages. His form today was worthy of a mention and rather than being a one off, his obvious increased fitness gives him a shot of sustained form. Good form is good form and downplaying it because of his salary is not good form on your part. He may be crap the rest of the year and the rest of his career, but he deserved some credit today.

JeffDunne said:

Showed glimpses last year (in patches) & 2003 was poor.
Looked to be out the door ens of last season.

2002 was an injury riddled season as well by memory.

I honestly cant remember the last time he took 10 or more marks, let alone moved so freely or put his good footy brain into practice.

The way he has presented himself to play footy in the last 3 years have been dissapointing to say the very least.

Something has clicked in his persona & its great to see that he truly looks to have put in a massive effort into making this year a good one.

If 15 other clubs knew this would be the Lance that rocks up for season 2005 - more than pick 17 would have been on the table for sure.

Luckily for Carlton his high price tag put off a couple of luke warm offers at best.
Good luck to him & I'm sure he will provide a good target at CHF this year.

The Old Dark Navy's said:
That's just the point, he has been so down on form and confidence that he hasn't played a good one for ages. His form today was worthy of a mention and rather than being a one off, his obvious increased fitness gives him a shot of sustained form. Good form is good form and downplaying it because of his salary is not good form on your part. He may be crap the rest of the year and the rest of his career, but he deserved some credit today.
Until I see the game I won't comment on tonight's game.

But he did kick 5 against Geelong in last seasons wizzer (if I recall), and the same was being said then as is being said now.

For a senior player on the sort of $$$'s Lance is on and coming off a couple of poor seasons, a solid first up performance was the minimum I would have expected.

Before Blues fans go jumping up and down, let's see if he can keep it up when the tempo increases.

JeffDunne said:
For a senior player on the sort of $$$'s Lance is on and coming off a couple of poor seasons, a solid first up performance was the minimum I would have expected.
I don't think anyone expected Lance to play well again. He was out the door last October and nobody gave him a hope in hell.
Before Blues fans go jumping up and down, let's see if he can keep it up when the tempo increases.
Simply a matter of giving some credit for something we probably didn't think we would see again.

JeffDunne said:
idogpile.gif

They've started. :rolleyes:
Where were the Saints trolls after your demolition of the 15th best team in the competition? :rolleyes:

cypher said:
Where were the Saints trolls after your demolition of the 15th best team in the competition? :rolleyes:
Sorry, I'm not with you. :confused:

Are you asking where were all the "Saints are fantastic" threads after last night?

I didn't see any - did you?

bettsie said:
"Bid Red still has the hunger" to eat Maccas out of business.
Just as funny the 15,000th time as it was the first. It is also very cute that each poster believes that they are doing groundbreaking comedy and have come up with something new. Oh, and let's not let accuracy get in the way of the joke either. The fact that Lance has shed the weight is neither here nor there.

Keep up the good work.

Blues_Man said:
the big red nut had the munchies for the dons defence today and chewed them up kicking four goals, he had 24 disposals and took 15 marks.
IMO he will be the blues No.1 recruit this season

Good, and I mean that. :)

JeffDunne said:
Sorry, I'm not with you. :confused:

Are you asking where were all the "Saints are fantastic" threads after last night?

I didn't see any - did you?
No,we didn't because you were given a wakeup call by Hawthorn when some of your players weaknesses were exposed and Grant Thomas was outcoached by a rookie. At least Koschitzske showed he was going to be the number one ruckman in the competition. :rolleyes:

itsintheblood said:
I honestly hope big Lance has a good year. He's copped a lot of flak over the years but it looks as though hes got himself into some sort of shape and is ready to play again.

Has tons of ability and can be a real headache for the opposition this year.

:D ... Is that an apology IITB. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

cypher said:
No,we didn't because you were given a wakeup call by Hawthorn when some of your players weaknesses were exposed and Grant Thomas was outcoached by a rookie. At least Koschitzske showed he was going to be the number one ruckman in the competition. :rolleyes:
Yeah some of those first game players were given a real wakeup call.

It was f***ing practice match. We rested Gehrig, Harvey, Powell, Thompson, Penny, Maguire and Jones. I'm sure Ive probably forgotten someone. We were playing players in different positions. It was a practice game.

As for the out-coaching, I presume you are talking about leaving Hodge as a lose man in defence?

SurreyBlue said:
Wonder who has more value at $500K JD.
Hamill's not on 500K.

And please, don't start talking value with the fat boy until he actually contributes after March. Remember last pre-season slurpee?

Did I mention anyone in particular JD..........just asking the question on who would be better value within that price range. An all Australian CHF who is over his injuries and at 25 years of age looks to have recaptured his form or ......you can fill in the rest. ;)

PS. Hamill certaintly is on just over 500K. That you can be sure off and once you admit it, it might make you feel better. :D

SurreyBlue said:
Did I mention anyone in particular JD..........just asking the question on who would be better value within that price range. An all Australian CHF who is over his injuries and at 25 years of age looks to have recaptured his form or ......you can fill in the rest. ;)

PS. Hamill certaintly is on just over 500K. That you can be sure off and once you admit it, it might make you feel better. :D
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=155138

Enjoy.

JeffDunne said:
Yeah some of those first game players were given a real wakeup call.

It was f***ing practice match. We rested Gehrig, Harvey, Powell, Thompson, Penny, Maguire and Jones. I'm sure Ive probably forgotten someone. We were playing players in different positions. It was a practice game.

As for the out-coaching, I presume you are talking about leaving Hodge as a lose man in defence?
Dal Santo made shocking turnovers, Baker's a thug tagger, Blakes slow and couldn't catch an opponent and Ackland did squat except dropping a sitter that could have been costly. Fiora was probably your best player for 4 qrtrs and he hasn't played well in regular season matches like your whitnall argument.
Who did you forget Xavier Clarke? :rolleyes:
GT couldn't stop Hodge or pay him respect that is due and did nothing to stop the hawks run. Clarkson beat him, no argument there!

cypher said:
Dal Santo made shocking turnovers,
Yeah you're right. Christ we should trade him to Collingwood. :rolleyes:

Baker's a thug tagger
You wish you had one.

Blakes slow and couldn't catch an opponent
Slow? He's not that slow. He's no CHB as we saw last night, but he plays a role that we need him to in the real stuff.

and Ackland did squat except dropping a sitter that could have been costly.
Did pretty well against one of the leagues best. Still looks an improvement on Knobel.

Fiora was probably your best player for 4 qrtrs and he hasn't played well in regular season matches like your whitnall argument.
Agreed. I would have been extremely disappointed if Fiora didn't play well yesterday. He was playing for a spot in the team. I'll reserve my judgement on him, but he looks like he might fill a role.

BTW, why are we talking about St Kilda players?

Who did you forget Xavier Clarke? :rolleyes:
You're right, there's another one.

GT couldn't stop Hodge or pay him respect that is due and did nothing to stop the hawks run. Clarkson beat him, no argument there!
Couldn't stop him? Did he try?

Maybe, just maybe, GT didn't want to match him up. Think about it.

JeffDunne said:
Yeah you're right. Christ we should trade him to Collingwood. :rolleyes:

You wish you had one.
We have Bannister who can at least still get the ball and would belt the suitcase out of that skunk haired bogan.

JeffDunne said:
Slow? He's not that slow. He's no CHB as we saw last night, but he plays a role that we need him to in the real stuff.
He couldn't his opponent and looked like he was treadin water.

JeffDunne said:
Did pretty well against one of the leagues best. Still looks an improvement on Knobel.
Agree, he did well and thank god we got Eddie Betts!

JeffDunne said:
Couldn't stop him? Did he try?

Maybe, just maybe, GT didn't want to match him up. Think about it.
Hodge is a great kick and will be a gun when Smith's return releases him to a wing or halfback where he can deliver to his forwards. You leave Hodge alone and he's going to cut up any side with his foot skills.

whitnall played a great game moved well and seemed to be able to last the game out. Lets hope he keeps this up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Big red still has the hunger

Remove this Banner Ad

Back