Big Sauce

Remove this Banner Ad

THE AISSASSIN

Cancelled
Nov 2, 2007
Aisakestaan
AFL Club
Carlton
Not much has been said about his game but I thought he just about broke even with McIntosh and showed a fair bit if footy smarts.

Will still get stronger in coming years and I think he showed enough to get promoted and be a solid backup to our other young rucks.

Dont think I want him delisted come years end.

Not much has been said about his game but I thought he just about broke even with McIntosh and showed a fair bit if footy smarts.

Will still get stronger in coming years and I think he showed enough to get promoted and be a solid backup to our other young rucks.

Yeah he was definitely one of the players I was happy to see out there tonight. It is good to see a ruckman in the navy blue at least being able to get his hands on the footy at the ruck contest - I am bit over the 196cm ruckmen we have had in the past.

I was encouraged by Jacobs enough to think that Kreuzer might end up at CHF sooner than we think. I keep thinking that Kreuzer is a wasted talent to only be in the ruck.

He did ok,i think i'll have more faith in him then Robbie Warnock because he does the job,probably wouldn't ever be as good but doesn't brake down so easy.

I think Jacobs would have been a good ruckman 10 years ago or more, when all ruckman had to do was get the tapout and not do anything around the ground. He isnt going to be able to compete around the ground with the likes of Cox and Hille from what I saw last night. Hopefully he can prove me wrong.

I liked his performance, he is a mountain and for years we have lacked anyone of his height and build. Did some nice things, I think we should give him the number 2 ruck spot. Warnock is injured and we don't want to rush him back and we don't want to make Kruz into Josh Fraser mark 2. It's great to have so many options in the ruck now.

What I liked most was we actually broke even in the Hitouts - 30 to 31 and that's against pretty good ruck opposition in Macintosh/Hale/Petrie/Goldstein.

And for the first time in a very very long time we had a ruckman top the hitouts: Jacobs - 18 / Macintosh - 15.:D

I thought his performance last nihgt was outstanding for a guy who has never played at the elite level. he efforts last night were far better then what I have seen thus far from Hammer. When was the last time we had a ruck have 20 hit outs? What was just as impressive was his work around the ground! Think is Robbie's absence he should be our no 1 ruck at this point in time.

He certainly put his hand up for the #1 job. We've always known that at this stage he's a better ruck than Hammer. However, unlike Sam we know that Hammer is a project player who could be an elite ruck when it all clicks.

Hammer needs game-time for it to click - there's no other way. Even though Jacobs is better now, we have to keep pushing Hammer up.

It's a nice problem to have.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He played well in the hitouts. His movement around the ground and at ties his disposal needs more work. Another 3 more preseason games and we'll have a decent view of what he's capable and what he's not as a player.

Before the game I was slightly worried that he would be completely out-rucked by a reasonably strong ruck division of McIntosh, Hale and Goldstein.

But I must say that I was extremely impressed. He didn't get beaten overall. He at least held his own, and I actually think he was the best ruckman on the ground.

For a rookie-listed ruckman, that's a great effort.

He won't be a star but he's really putting in the hard yards to try and make a name for himself which is to be commended. He's sound in the centre but he really needs to work on his impact around the ground. He made the effort to get to contests and was better than a few give him credit for in that regard but there is a lot of improvement to be made still.

Along with a few other of our rookies he is pushing for a nominated rookie spot for 2009. If he does get it, he could quite conceivably play a few games for us in the seniors.

Hes the best tap ruckman on our list by a mile and showed it last night...

Fantastic to see a rookie like that come out and play so well against a good ruck division which North has...

Still needs plenty of improvement on his around the ground work but i liked what i saw last night...

Hes the best tap ruckman on our list by a mile and showed it last night...

Fantastic to see a rookie like that come out and play so well against a good ruck division which North has...

Still needs plenty of improvement on his around the ground work but i liked what i saw last night...

There is a reason we got Warnock.

Also to someones question earlier Hammer didn't play due to a virus hes had all week.

Having watched the game a couple of times again since last night, I thought Sauce competed very well. Has certainly improved his mobility around the ground, and on a couple of occasions, he was able to get the ball below his knees, and do something with it.

I doubt that he will ever become a real quality ruckman, but he can provide is a contest, and certainly give our starting ruckman in Kreuzer and Warnock a chop out if needed.

Would like to see him get another chance next week.

Noticed he handballed alot and sort of looked like he didnt want to kick, not saying its a bad thing at this stage but can anyone fill me in on what his foot skills are like?

I agree. I thought he did very well in the tapouts, although McIntosh hasn't been quite the same since he was injured, which is probably why Laidley was shopping him around in trade week.

Juzza316 probably nailed his problem. He just lacks mobility, although he has done really well to improve in that area since he arrived at the club. Give him Hammers athletic ability and we'd have a real player:thumbsu:

Jacobs is a really nice bloke and is a real battler, but it will be touch and go as to whether he makes it onto the senior list as there will be some tough delistings at seasons end. Good luck to him though:):thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Big Sauce

Remove this Banner Ad

Back