Big ups to Brad Ebert

Remove this Banner Ad

May 7, 2006
The Beach
AFL Club
West Coast
Contrary to the belief of a few cynical supporters and the stats tonight not reflecting anything special, I was still rapt with his performance, particularly in the first half.

He went hard at the ball and seemed at times evident that he would bleed for his team. Chipped in with a goal and threatened to score a couple of times as well.

Definitely a keeper.

i think he focuses very hard on what he has to do when he doesn't have the footy.

once he has it, he relaxes and something bad can occur.

Contrary to the belief of a few cynical supporters and the stats tonight not reflecting anything special, I was still rapt with his performance, particularly in the first half.

He went hard at the ball and seemed at times evident that he would bleed for his team. Chipped in with a goal and threatened to score a couple of times as well.

Definitely a keeper.

Agree, played one of his best games tonite didnt look out of depth at all tonite, when it was his turn to go he went thumbs up..:thumbsu:

Great game tonight, and a great goal. So scared when he kicks it, but that's mainly because there's minutes between it leaving his hands and hitting his foot.

His first half was great but his 2nd was a shocker. I cringed everytime he kicks the ball. How was that kick under no pressure and went out on the full.. Ughhh

Shows statistics arent the be all and end all. Would have guessed he had 30 touches tonight, turns out they were just 20 great ones (besides left foot OOB) his marking has always been good ... it's his run that impressed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His second quarter was sublime. Contested marking, tackling, putting his body on the line, a nice goal.

Just don't let him kick out of the back half.

It's safe to say his spot in the team is secure, I can't see the match committee doing to him what they did to Masten.

I would like to see Stevens string together a few consecutive matches, even if he plays as sub. I have no idea how Gaff will break into the team now, would be a shame if he returned to Victoria. For the Saints game I'm thinking a direct change - Swift for Lynch.

Cant fault his hardness and ferocity at the ball tonight which was great but still no denying he fails to execute some of the most basic skills and until he can fix those things he will be a fringe player..

I'd like to see us keep him based off that performance. I think it's all about getting confidence into him because after what he displayed tonight there is no doubt he has potential to be not only in our squad or just outside of it but well and truly cement a position in the starting 21.

Very impressive tonight.

He was great tonight really put his body on the line and won some important contests. I reckon he will become a very good inside player as he continues to bulk up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Big ups to Brad Ebert

Remove this Banner Ad

Back