Games & Recreation BigFooty Death List Game 2024 - May Deaths Be Forever In Your Favour (Host @ClarkeM)

Remove this Banner Ad

Got into difficulty and drowned within metres of the finish. Officials all over the place and nobody keeping an eye on the swimmers. :(

There's a meme going around again as it has done during recent Olympics or major comps, of a lifeguard sitting poolside at a Olympics. It's captioned,

"If you feel useless today, remember someone is working as a lifeguard at the Olympics"

I absolutely hate & despise that meme as it's so dismissive of what can be such an important job - you then read the events of today or watch the video and realise how even more off that meme is... Pretty sure a couple of lifeguards on hand wouldn't have gone astray

There's a meme going around again as it has done during recent Olympics or major comps, of a lifeguard sitting poolside at a Olympics. It's captioned,

"If you feel useless today, remember someone is working as a lifeguard at the Olympics"

I absolutely hate & despise that meme as it's so dismissive of what can be such an important job - you then read the events of today or watch the video and realise how even more off that meme is... Pretty sure a couple of lifeguards on hand wouldn't have gone astray
When Tom Dolan was swimming, there was always the chance of something going amiss because his asthma was so bad.

Yeah. Well meme culture is not really known for its nuance

Kevin Sullivans great connection to WWF/E folklore is being married to Nancy Toffolini who left him for Chris Benoit

Who would later murder her and their son and himself
He was also the booker of matches during the Hulk Hogan WCW era

I admit I hadn't heard of Bosnian football star player and coach Dzenan Uscuplic until I was reading the Wikipedia obituaries the other day and saw his name listed.

But it was how he died at the premature age of 48 that caught my attention - his death was literally from being struck by lightning. This occurred while he was hiking in the Sutjeska National Park of Bosnia and Herzegovina and a thunderstorm came into the area.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Charles R Cross 67 American Music Author

Penned books about Bruce Springsteen and Kurt Cobain

Statement from his wife
That was a heartbreaking read that genuinely brought me to tears. I've been lucky to have a very stable emotional state and I really struggle to truly understand how incredibly horrible you'd have to feel to make the choice to end your life. I've had friends die by suicide, worked in mental health related fields and my wife has battled suicidal thoughts as part of her own battles with anxiety and depression. It's just such an incredibly unfair disease and I hate it with a passion. It brings down wonderful people who are loved and still have so much to offer the world. I feel so, so sad for his family and so, so angry for the pain he had to go through.

Remove this Banner Ad

Games & Recreation BigFooty Death List Game 2024 - May Deaths Be Forever In Your Favour (Host @ClarkeM)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back