Keeper Lg. BigFooty Dynasty (Ultimate Footy)

Remove this Banner Ad

I get the feeling we're going to have a very, very interesting Finals series. Some of the results between the top 8 clubs at the moment have been very close, and not gone the way one might've expected. I didn't expect to draw with Drew23, or beat richcogs and definitely didn't expect to take points off Ironmonger (TomFC has had an identity crisis) either! (although it was a bye round). There's a fair bit of wishful thinking involved in this next comment but I can't help but feel that (while there are clear favourites) it's not as clear cut as it was last season...

There's a fair bit of talent sitting just outside the 8 right now too. Without going through every team, mrpez has drawn with @TomFC and beaten myself and StAnselm. After this next round we're back contesting against our Round 1 opponents... and there's still the opportunity for plenty of movement on the ladder!

I just wanted to share this ranking with everyone.

PzXQktg.png

#myboy :)

Rockford how does goldspink not get bog...

20 touches
6 marks
6 tackles
43 hitouts

I think it's because his stats didn't do as much to contribute to any of the categories that you won as Roughead or Gibbs (or Wingard).

Roughie got the 3 points because of his contribution to score and %. Without his 8.2, I'd have won score and %. 6 tackles and 3 FF's as well. Which without them would've made both of those categories a lot closer too.

Similar with Gibbs I suspect. Very impressive really, they combined for 12 goals (4 behinds), 38 kicks and 12 tackles between them!

I was more surprised that Parker didn't get votes on my end.. suspect it was because of his 1 FA, not that it had an impact. It'd be interesting to learn how they calculate the BoG votes.

I get the feeling we're going to have a very, very interesting Finals series. Some of the results between the top 8 clubs at the moment have been very close, and not gone the way one might've expected. I didn't expect to draw with Drew23, or beat richcogs and definitely didn't expect to take points off Ironmonger (TomFC has had an identity crisis) either! (although it was a bye round). There's a fair bit of wishful thinking involved in this next comment but I can't help but feel that (while there are clear favourites) it's not as clear cut as it was last season...

There's a fair bit of talent sitting just outside the 8 right now too. Without going through every team, mrpez has drawn with @TomFC and beaten myself and StAnselm. After this next round we're back contesting against our Round 1 opponents... and there's still the opportunity for plenty of movement on the ladder!

Ah yes, sorry.

Had to change my user name for a variety of reasons.

Named myself after one of Fitzroy's true cult figures.

It'd be interesting to learn how they calculate the BoG votes.

I won my game, but my players only got a solitary vote. Personally, I would have given 3 to Hayes, 2 to Petrie, and 1 to Stefan Martin - but the result was 3: Cooney, 2: Martin, 1: Hayes. Hayes, Petrie, and Martin were each instrumental in winning two categories. Cooney had a good all-round game, but was really only instrumental in winning free kicks.

Actually, the potential trade with Richcogs made me think that it's time for my big announcement: unfortunately, I am retiring from Ultimate Footy at the end of this season. My family and I are moving to Vanuatu, and our internet access will be rather sketchy, and so I won't be able to continue in this league.

I probably won't be trading much between now and the end of the season - but I do have an ageing list in need of serious rebuilding. But I'm sure there will be a worthy competitor able to take my place.

Anyway, I've had a great time here. Thank you all very much.

Good luck over there mate.

Hope everything works out :)

I won my game, but my players only got a solitary vote. Personally, I would have given 3 to Hayes, 2 to Petrie, and 1 to Stefan Martin - but the result was 3: Cooney, 2: Martin, 1: Hayes. Hayes, Petrie, and Martin were each instrumental in winning two categories. Cooney had a good all-round game, but was really only instrumental in winning free kicks.

Without knowing exactly how they do it I do believe it's a weighted system and based on catagory vs position eg a ruckman getting hitouts isn't the same as a forward getting hitouts and a backman kicking goals is worth more than a forward kicking goals.

Free kicks are weighted the most because most players pick up 1 or 2 a game. When you have a single player nab 5 FF then you should be winning that catagory.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have flagged trading Bellchambers to a select few of you, but I think I am better off holding on to him, unless I can get a developing ruck in return as part of the deal - BUT if you make an offer too good to refuse that includes a forward and/or back, I would have to consider. Happy for multiple player trades, especially ones where I get 2 or 3 players and off load 3 or 4 :) I will also consider offers for Gorringe.

Funny how when I was shopping Vickery around no one was interested... now everyone wants a ruck ;) And I know no one rated him, the irony being he'd have made the difference in more than one match up this round. If I'd played Vickery myself in my match up against Unknown Caller earlier in the season and then had him against Drew23 this last round I'd be 6 points better off (and UC 4 points worse off) and I'd be sitting 3rd on the ladder. He mightn't be the player everyone (especially Tigers' supporters) expect him to be, but he collects nice stats regardless.

Funny how when I was shopping Vickery around no one was interested... now everyone wants a ruck ;) And I know no one rated him, the irony being he'd have made the difference in more than one match up this round. If I'd played Vickery myself in my match up against Unknown Caller earlier in the season and then had him against Drew23 this last round I'd be 6 points better off (and UC 4 points worse off) and I'd be sitting 3rd on the ladder. He mightn't be the player everyone (especially Tigers' supporters) expect him to be, but he collects nice stats regardless.

Nah I still think he's a spud ;)

Nah I still think he's a spud ;)

Ty Vickery: 1 goal, 1 behind, 9 kicks, 2 hbs, 5 marks, 9 hit outs, 2 tackles, 2 frees for... pinch hitting in the ruck against Goldstein.

Brodie Grundy: 0 goal, 2 behinds, 10 kicks, 6 hbs, 8 marks, 16 hit outs, 1 tackle, 1 free for... as the #1 ruck on the ground, rucking against Jamar (until he was subbed off with 61% time on ground) and then Gawn :/

Just saying ;)

Ty Vickery: 1 goal, 1 behind, 9 kicks, 2 hbs, 5 marks, 9 hit outs, 2 tackles, 2 frees for... pinch hitting in the ruck against Goldstein.

Brodie Grundy: 0 goal, 2 behinds, 10 kicks, 6 hbs, 8 marks, 16 hit outs, 1 tackle, 1 free for... as the #1 ruck on the ground, rucking against Jamar (until he was subbed off with 61% time on ground) and then Gawn :/

Just saying ;)
Grundy played more forward in my recollection of the game, with Witts taking the centre bounce more often than not. The issue with Vickery isn't his stats when he plays, it is more regarding whether or not he will have a career as an AFL player long term

Just saying ;)

I doubt you'd find anyone in this comp or on bigfooty for that matter that would take Tyrone over Grundy. :p

I doubt you'd find anyone in this comp or on bigfooty for that matter that would take Tyrone over Grundy. :p

No doubt. But consider what you've knocked back in offers for Grundy and consider what Vickery went for in trade. I think you'll find (given their respective prices) that Vickery (on current output) offers significantly more value.

Was it xxxxxxxxxxx and xxxxx that you were after? ;)

Edit: Removed the pieces in the interest of keeping our trade discussions confidential. Suffice to say it was a lot to pay for less goals, worse accuracy, less kicks, less marks, less frees for but a whole lot more frees against than Vickery has averaged this season ;)

Last edited:
Was it xxxxxxxxxxx and xxxxx that you were after? ;)

Edit: Removed the pieces in the interest of keeping our trade discussions confidential. Suffice to say it was a lot to pay for less goals, worse accuracy, less kicks, less marks, less frees for but a whole lot more frees against than Vickery has averaged this season ;)
It's okay, I'm sure everyone saw it on their email notification anyway. I'll take what you said though ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Keeper Lg. BigFooty Dynasty (Ultimate Footy)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back