Bigfooty Faceoff Round 5: Dogs vs Tigers

Remove this Banner Ad

it one thing to mention wight and richo in the same sentence, but dot go bagging the big fella if you havent watched him closely. puts in all facets of the game every week, just not seen by oposition supporters because its not shown in the media like his dummy spits. anyone can have a tank running pre season or at training, very few can match richo in a game when there is physical contact and continual sprinting in between.

here are some stats for you, in the last three wins against the doggies richo averages 20 kicks, 15 marks and 5.33 goals, and the last three losses he averages 17 kicks, 10 marks, and 1.66 goals. going by the past not many can go with him it seems.

I'm talking about his defensive skills? Trust me I rate Richo, love to have him in the team. Does he chase his opponents?

Can one of you bulldog blokes tell me what you're likely matchups would be for the following blokes:
- Richo, if he plays on wing
- Richo, when he plays up foward
- Browny
- Morton
- Polak, if he plays foward
- Riewoldt (of the Jack variety (the good one ;) ))

My main match-ups against you blokes
- Schultz Vs Hahn/Minson
- Thursty Vs Welsh
- Bowden Vs Johnson (Thursty Vs Johnson if Bowden isn't selected, McGuane to then play on Welsh)
- Moore Vs Murphy

mids
- Johnson Vs Cross
- White Vs Griffen
Might also shove a tagger on Conney if he starts dominating

I'm guessing the only bloke you guys will tag will be Foley, or maybe even Deledio or Richo if they play on the wing

Thanks for asking a meaningless question. Who is Morton, riewolt, schultz, mcguane, moore thursty. These bloke are nobodies how can you expect then to do the job on proven starts like Murphy, griffen, cross, cooney, johnson, welsh, giansiracusa.

Rich can play on the wing if he likes, but he is not going to do damage from there, you want quality coming into your foward line not crap like what comes of richos boot.

It will either be a blow out - in the dogs favour or a nice tight contest. The tiges have the fitness and the speed but can they produce a game like last week? If they can it will be one of the games of the year with both sides proving that speed and ball-carrying is what makes AFL so enjoyable to watch.

For me, it's probably the doggies that'll take the points but I thought Freo would cream the lads last week. Only a fool would write the lads off.

If Richo, King and Thursfield keep showing heart, Foley cutting them up in the guts and the youngsters given every opportunity to show how important it is to play AFL, the tiges will be inspired and could just pinch it!

Sunday can't come quick enough. Good luck to both teams.

Thanks for asking a meaningless question. Who is Morton, riewolt, schultz, mcguane, moore thursty. These bloke are nobodies how can you expect then to do the job on proven starts like Murphy, griffen, cross, cooney, johnson, welsh, giansiracusa.

Rich can play on the wing if he likes, but he is not going to do damage from there, you want quality coming into your foward line not crap like what comes of richos boot.

Well all I can say is most of your fellow supporters are thinking "for christ sakes im happy Bulldogs Roar isn't our coach." If you go into a game thinking that you will dominate and that the game is already one and hance skip preparations you will loose.

Afterall whatever happened to the second half of your 2007 season. The years is far from over, and this result is far from certain

Btw, Thurstfield, Moore, Schultz, Riewoldt, Morton and McGuane were all part of Richmond's 22 man squad to pump Fremantle at Subiaco 5 days ago ;)

Well all I can say is most of your fellow supporters are thinking "for christ sakes im happy Bulldogs Roar isn't our coach." If you go into a game thinking that you will dominate and that the game is already one and hance skip preparations you will loose.

Afterall whatever happened to the second half of your 2007 season. The years is far from over, and this result is far from certain

Btw, Thurstfield, Moore, Schultz, Riewoldt, Morton and McGuane were all part of Richmond's 22 man squad to pump Fremantle at Subiaco 5 days ago ;)

I'm sure most Bulldogs supporters aren't as arrogant to think we've got the game won before the ball is bounced.

Our second half perfomance last year is irrelevant, because we're a totally different side this year.

The Bulldogs are undefeated. They are displaying the traits we expected from them last year. When in full motion there are not too many other teams more exciting to watch. They have winners all around the ground.

Aker is back. Robert Murphy is all class. Lindsay Gilbee’s foot skills are second to none and Scot Welsh has been one of the finds of the year.

Last week all the talk was Matthew Richardson game against the Dockers from the Wing. The big man has a massive tank and when running he is impossible to match up on. The problem is, were the Tigers good or were the Dockers just horrible. Time will tell.

Terry Wallace may have some further tricks in the bag but the Bulldogs should have the class edge.

I think Morton may bob up with a few goals - he has been doing very well in the Tigers reserves and has kicked a few in the AFL as well. Probably still under the radar at the moment.

Wallet will have some tricks and Richo will take 15 marks up on the wing but Cooney, Griffen, Gilbee, Murphy, Eagle (always racks up plenty against Richmond), Crossy, Hahn, Boydy....will all be hard to stop...throw in Johnno (carrying but will be back in form Sunday I reckon) and I reckon we have got enough to get us across the line if we can play reasonably well.

If both teams play as well as they can then we will still win. If we are off like we were last week then we are in big strife, especially if Richmond is up and about.

here are some stats for you, in the last three wins against the doggies richo averages 20 kicks, 15 marks and 5.33 goals, and the last three losses he averages 17 kicks, 10 marks, and 1.66 goals. going by the past not many can go with him it seems.

Here's another stat for you...(actually, it's a question...but never mind...)
...do you really think we care what happened between 2003 and very early 2005? :confused:
(It just so happens Richmond were favourites in 2 of those games, and no more than even money in the other.)

Mate, watch Richo this week. He chases. Lots.
It is pretty comical to watch him try and chase. Can't say he doesn't try, but it would actually be more effective if he caught an opponent instead of galumphing behind like a big doofus.

Having just sledged him, I still think he's a huge threat in the air and (if he's not having one of those "Richo" days) someone we have trouble covering if the ball speeds down there.

As ever midfield pressure and contested footy is key. Hit them hard, hit them early and I think we should have a comfortable win. If not....well I just don't want to think about it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't he kick 10 goals in one of those wins? Which means he kicked 6 goals total in the other 2 games.

Anyhow these kind of stats are really irrelevant. We've beaten the Tigers 4 times in a row, won 4 games in a row in 2008 so hopefully we get to the magically number 5 for both of them.

Another pointless stat is we beat Richmond by over 100 points 2 years ago.

Past form can be largely irrelevant. Last years premiership was won by a team which lost its last game against its grand final opponent. It's largely about the attitude of the teams on the day.

thought it was pretty interesting that we didnt even man Richo up when he started on the wing, orefering to have his man loose in defence. Lets face it, he takes so long to make a decision and its likely to be a questionable decision anyway - hes only really dangerous close to goal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Bigfooty Faceoff Round 5: Dogs vs Tigers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back