Review Dogs 110 thrash Demons 59

Remove this Banner Ad

I kept an eye on him too from up high at marvel as I've been unsure of how he's kept his spot. The amount of running he does and the speed he can break away and fill space is pretty incredible and different to others in the team, so even though I don't fully understand it, he seems to be filling an important role. The team balance is working, so I won't be saying a bad thing about VDM from here on out (other than the odd expletive when he inevitably misses the big sticks from close range).

He's good at filling the spots on the ground where opponents can lead into, if he was given the role of keeping Lever honest on the transition then that's a big win.

Watched it. Loved that footage of Vandermeer pushing extremely hard on a lead at half back where he was always unlikely to get the ball. That sort of effort to create space behind him for someone else to lead into is so important.
Would explain why his repeat sprint numbers are always so high, if he does that each time we come out of defence...

He's good at filling the spots on the ground where opponents can lead into, if he was given the role of keeping Lever honest on the transition then that's a big win.
We leveraged VDM :)

Just looking at the Dog House some good stuff in there
Thought this was a nice one fitting in with the retro round

Last edited:
Just watched the replay, we are blessed with the skills of our talls with their field kicking. Lobb, Darcy are incredible. English & Marra are really good. Would be great if that could translate to the scoreboard accuracy.

Another aspect to Lobb’s elevation to the greatest CHB of all time is that kicking, which takes some pressure off the rest of the backs. Jones, Coffield, & Buku can play to their limitations (although Jones isn’t afraid to take it on), and Dale & Bramble aren’t under as much pressure to take that responsibility by themselves.

There’s so much communication out on the ground, and everyone is willing to make sure everyone is where they should be. You can see that collective effort & want for teammates to succeed.

Garcia is close. He has a great ability to get himself out of trouble, but an equally amazing ability to run back into it. This level he needs to give that first option. When he starts trying to do too much (which is understandable for someone that’s been in and out), the game will become easier for him.

There were signs earlier in the year at points that this team was back on the right track. But it was sporadic. The last couple of years I really didn’t enjoy watching us, but there were patches early this year & now every week that the team is really supportable. It feels like 15/16 vibes when you had the sense something special was happening (I’m not sure 21 had that vibe).

Adam Treloar is one of the greatest recruits we’ve ever had. Not only his ability, but also his honesty. You can tell how much the team loves him.

Just watched the replay, we are blessed with the skills of our talls with their field kicking. Lobb, Darcy are incredible. English & Marra are really good. Would be great if that could translate to the scoreboard accuracy.

Another aspect to Lobb’s elevation to the greatest CHB of all time is that kicking, which takes some pressure off the rest of the backs. Jones, Coffield, & Buku can play to their limitations (although Jones isn’t afraid to take it on), and Dale & Bramble aren’t under as much pressure to take that responsibility by themselves.

There’s so much communication out on the ground, and everyone is willing to make sure everyone is where they should be. You can see that collective effort & want for teammates to succeed.

Garcia is close. He has a great ability to get himself out of trouble, but an equally amazing ability to run back into it. This level he needs to give that first option. When he starts trying to do too much (which is understandable for someone that’s been in and out), the game will become easier for him.

There were signs earlier in the year at points that this team was back on the right track. But it was sporadic. The last couple of years I really didn’t enjoy watching us, but there were patches early this year & now every week that the team is really supportable. It feels like 15/16 vibes when you had the sense something special was happening (I’m not sure 21 had that vibe).

Adam Treloar is one of the greatest recruits we’ve ever had. Not only his ability, but also his honesty. You can tell how much the team loves him.
Great observations. Footy is so much more enjoyable when the your team are clearly connected and working for each other.

We made the same observation about Garcia during the game on Friday night. He was playing like someone who hadn't adjusted to the different tempo of AFL as compared to VFL. Experience usually solves this problem.

We made the same observation about Garcia during the game on Friday night. He was playing like someone who hadn't adjusted to the different tempo of AFL as compared to VFL. Experience usually solves this problem.
Bevo also pointed out weeks ago that Garcia got dudded by some shocking HTB calls against Brisbane that really impacted his confidence with what a player is allowed to do and what they aren't so that adjustment is also getting used to the difference in adjudication.

Bevo also pointed out weeks ago that Garcia got dudded by some shocking HTB calls against Brisbane that really impacted his confidence with what a player is allowed to do and what they aren't so that adjustment is also getting used to the difference in adjudication.
Ah yes, that 3 week patch in the middle of a season where the AFL went even more certifiably insane than usual.

****ing morons. :rolleyes: 🤦‍♂️

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Dogs 110 thrash Demons 59

Remove this Banner Ad

Back