Bigfooty Yid Army Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

By a long margin. MGW is a good player and creative but Eze is a stone cold killer infront of goal who can finish from the edge of the area. Spurs need that against deep blocks.
Eze is my number 1 target even ahead of Olise. Would be a statement signing like a Maddison last season.

But don't expect it

Eze is my number 1 target even ahead of Olise. Would be a statement signing like a Maddison last season.

But don't expect it
Only issue I have is not sure how you play Eze and Maddison in the same side as they both wanna fill that 10 space.

Only issue I have is not sure how you play Eze and Maddison in the same side as they both wanna fill that 10 space.
I think Ange might tinker a little more with the system and play that 442 with two false 9s with more options available. Eze can also play left-hand side. So there's minutes there with European football and rotation. Plus we could try things to get Son on the right instead of Johnson at times

I think Ange might tinker a little more with the system and play that 442 with two false 9s with more options available. Eze can also play left-hand side. So there's minutes there with European football and rotation. Plus we could try things to get Son on the right instead of Johnson at times
If he does tinker with it and use that false 9 then that's more than ok. Just dont wanna see spurs spend 50m and have not actually improved the first XI

Thinking of heading to AAMI for the open training session at 6pm tonight. $10 seems a lot more palatable than the silly money they are charging to go to the nonsense match they are playing tomorrow night.

Anyone else heading to either?

Yeah taking my son tomorrow night, got tickets through work and we haven't seen the boys live in years. I know its a meaningless exhibition game but still looking forward to going. My son is very excited.

Yeah taking my son tomorrow night, got tickets through work and we haven't seen the boys live in years. I know its a meaningless exhibition game but still looking forward to going. My son is very excited.
Yeah the kids love the experience of seeing even just fleeting moments in person. Games never live up to much. But it's the experience of seeing Son, VDV etc in person that will last a lifetime

If he does tinker with it and use that false 9 then that's more than ok. Just dont wanna see spurs spend 50m and have not actually improved the first XI
To be honest I'd argue he is ahead of Maddison. Or at the very least the two of them can't be expected to be fit to start 40 games or be consistent enough to be our KDB even if they were fit. So competition for our starting XI on par with them I'm happy us spending large on. Especially if they are a player like eze who can do a few roles

I’ve heard they have actually sold 80k tickets to tomorrow nights game. I was stunned when I heard that. Remember last time they came out and there were about 10k there

Hoping it’s true as would definitely make for a good atmosphere

I’ve heard they have actually sold 80k tickets to tomorrow nights game. I was stunned when I heard that. Remember last time they came out and there were about 10k there

Hoping it’s true as would definitely make for a good atmosphere
All of Anges cousins

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I went last night & I’m going tonight. Taking my son.

Last night was OK. Didn’t do much as expected short sharp session. Not a lot of player interaction.

The opportunity to go there tonight with my son who loves it was too good to refuse. Glad to hear good ticket numbers have been sold.

Interesting to see where Poch ends up if anywhere in the off season. Wonder whether this is a clue that Gallagher will be on the move.

Yeah the kids love the experience of seeing even just fleeting moments in person. Games never live up to much. But it's the experience of seeing Son, VDV etc in person that will last a lifetime

Yeah we haven't seen them live since 2016 so haven't even been in the new stadium. I think Son is the only one we have seen so will be good to see Madders, Vicario, VDV, Kulu live. My son is fully aware that they will be going at about 40% and its really just a party match hopefully with some entertaining goals.

Yeah we haven't seen them live since 2016 so haven't even been in the new stadium. I think Son is the only one we have seen so will be good to see Madders, Vicario, VDV, Kulu live. My son is fully aware that they will be going at about 40% and its really just a party match hopefully with some entertaining goals.
It could be what captures them for life, if they're not quite their already.

I jokingly blame watching Nicky Barmby in a u23 England game at Olympic park in 1993 as the reason I've been stuck with Spurs ever since!

Well a lot of people turned up to watch Spurs and Newcastle agree to not tackle each other . fair enough , they were all probably Jet lagged anyway. Could of used a few more goals but it was what it was. Not sure why it had to be penalties , hey Ange , "Surprise" .

It could be what captures them for life, if they're not quite their already.

I jokingly blame watching Nicky Barmby in a u23 England game at Olympic park in 1993 as the reason I've been stuck with Spurs ever since!

Ha, I went to one of those nights. IIRC it was a double header. The Yanks absolutely murdered Turkey and I think England drew with South Korea the night I was there.

Great win in the final by the 21s

Did it without Dorrington, and chose not use Phillips which I was surprised to read we could have used.

Lankshear, Parrot, Scarlett, Veliz all should get a chance to prove themselves as our backup 2 ST.

Donley, Devine and I'm surprised to say the 16 year old Moore should ge given chances to take proper Lo Celso minutes. Give Bergvall time to adjust to england and he too is in that mix.

Tyrese Hall and maybe Devine, get some minutes in the 6 or 8 roles.

Santiago and Soonsup-Bell deserve the Gil and Solomon squad spots, or at least 1 does with the other out on loan.

Phillips to join the first team squad, with Dorrington getting his first senior loan.

Very bright future that should be given a taste of football with the Europa League and domestic cups

Great win in the final by the 21s

Did it without Dorrington, and chose not use Phillips which I was surprised to read we could have used.

Lankshear, Parrot, Scarlett, Veliz all should get a chance to prove themselves as our backup 2 ST.

Donley, Devine and I'm surprised to say the 16 year old Moore should ge given chances to take proper Lo Celso minutes. Give Bergvall time to adjust to england and he too is in that mix.

Tyrese Hall and maybe Devine, get some minutes in the 6 or 8 roles.

Santiago and Soonsup-Bell deserve the Gil and Solomon squad spots, or at least 1 does with the other out on loan.

Phillips to join the first team squad, with Dorrington getting his first senior loan.

Very bright future that should be given a taste of football with the Europa League and domestic cups
I know a Maccurther FC A league player who tried out in England some years ago. Was surprised to hear that in England they build teams around 1 or 2 kids whilst the rest pick up the scraps. To somehow have a good 4 - 5 really promising kids who should make first team is an unbelievable effort. We just need to keep Levy's dirty miss of them and not resell for mi££ions

I am firmly with you, we need to get minutes into these kids as the homegrown talent in this group is staggering and could really help rebalance the senior squad should it be done right and not just for profits.

From the U21's who could be ineligible next season

Nile John
Max Robson
Yago Santiago (Spaniard)
Dane Scarlett
Alfie Devine
Troy Parrott

these are the kids who don't 'qualify' for the U21's next season, surely we sign and promote at least one of Scarlett, Parott, Devine. I would love to see Santiago in and around the senior squad. Glue him to Madders and watch him grow. Apparently some interest in buying him in the January window (cant remember where or find who) so definitely has admirers.

I would say "I will" but I won't but I'd like to keep track of those players and their respective minutes in this thread next season.

It would be a huge departure from how we've treated our youth over the last 10 years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back