Bigfooty Yid Army Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Gray looking likely. Good idea getting a potential future 6 who for now can be a backup RB as well.

Hope we can throw in Skipp or Joe Roden into the deal
Spurs pay 40m for Gray, Rodon goes the other way for 10m
30m not terrible. Another attacking option across the front much needed

Spurs pay 40m for Gray, Rodon goes the other way for 10m
30m not terrible. Another attacking option across the front much needed
Important that he can be the backup RB, also means we can get (somehow) 20m for Emerson. Basically 10m + Emerson + Rodon for Gray a backup RB and backup 6/8

Important that he can be the backup RB, also means we can get (somehow) 20m for Emerson. Basically 10m + Emerson + Rodon for Gray a backup RB and backup 6/8
Plus 10m a season off the book with Tanguy gone aswell. So from that point of you spurs technically haven't spent in the red yet

Absolutely hating a gambling logo (BetMGM) on the training top. The only saving grace is it won't be seen on game days but still forced to see with all transfer announcements etc.

I was hoping we'd be past the point of needing a gambling sponsor.

Most would know by now, I enjoy discussing the youth we have. Been pleasurable with the U21's winning PL2. With the kids we have brought in now as well, how do we see this list next year;

sell
loan(bonus points for league type)
hold & develop in U21s
promote to 1st team

George Abbott
Jamie Donley
Alfie Dorrington
Luca Gunter (was he loaned last year)
Tyrese Hall
Nile John
Will Lankashear
Yago Santiago
Jude Soonsup-Bell
Mikey Moore
Archie Gray
Lucas Bergvall
Dane Scarlett
Troy Parrott
Alfie Devine
Ashley Phillips
Matthew Craig (had no idea who he was but yeah, loaned to Doncaster Rovers)

that is a fair bit to work with. I would be hoping we can integrate Donley, Dorrington, one of Lankashear, Devine or Parrott/Scarlett to the 1st team.

Most would know by now, I enjoy discussing the youth we have. Been pleasurable with the U21's winning PL2. With the kids we have brought in now as well, how do we see this list next year;

sell
loan(bonus points for league type)
hold & develop in U21s
promote to 1st team

George Abbott
Jamie Donley
Alfie Dorrington
Luca Gunter (was he loaned last year)
Tyrese Hall
Nile John
Will Lankashear
Yago Santiago
Jude Soonsup-Bell
Mikey Moore
Archie Gray
Lucas Bergvall
Dane Scarlett
Troy Parrott
Alfie Devine
Ashley Phillips
Matthew Craig (had no idea who he was but yeah, loaned to Doncaster Rovers)

that is a fair bit to work with. I would be hoping we can integrate Donley, Dorrington, one of Lankashear, Devine or Parrott/Scarlett to the 1st team.
Other than Moore, they should all be getting loans or part of Europa match days.

Parrot is off to AZ for a reported 7m. Only 12 months on his contract probably halves the fee we are getting. Hopefully there's a buy back and sell on clause because 7m is pretty light on still

Other than Moore, they should all be getting loans or part of Europa match days.

Parrot is off to AZ for a reported 7m. Only 12 months on his contract probably halves the fee we are getting. Hopefully there's a buy back and sell on clause because 7m is pretty light on still
You're hard to please.

I'm not used to getting fees for players! Its a bit of a foreign concept to me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

8m for a bloke with a year left on his deal who isn't that good and is 22 already. It's fine.
You would think that the talent U22 we have was a big reason why we moved him on. Scarlett (20), Lankashear (18, just signed il 2029 to iirc), Devine (19) all need to come on now imho

You're hard to please.

I'm not used to getting fees for players! Its a bit of a foreign concept to me.
It's a great deal compared to what we normally do

But you then see what others are selling lesser proven academy types for.

And as per, we're well short.

Would have been good to try and throw him into a sweetener on an Eze or Neto deal

But you then see what others are selling lesser proven academy types for.

And as per, we're well short.
Apples and oranges comparison.

These clubs were making a mockery of PSR/FFP regulations by artificially inflating and selling academy talent to each other before June 30 for accounting and amortisation purposes to not breach regulations.

It can't be fair to be comparing our business to financial dopers and those trying to dodge penalties via loopholes. We're not engaging in that shady practice as we've not mismanaged our PSR calculations to the extent we need to.

Fork in the road moment for Djed Spence.

If he can clean up his attitude enough to make ange want to give him a second chance, he could be a great backup for the RB and LB spots.

Also Emerson doing Milan a big favour in keeping his price below 10m. Absolute potato

Apples and oranges comparison.

These clubs were making a mockery of PSR/FFP regulations by artificially inflating and selling academy talent to each other before June 30 for accounting and amortisation purposes to not breach regulations.

It can't be fair to be comparing our business to financial dopers and those trying to dodge penalties via loopholes. We're not engaging in that shady practice as we've not mismanaged our PSR calculations to the extent we need to.

They aren't breaking the rules though.

Are they rules daft and making a mockery of academy setups? Yes.

But they're profiting off a stupid rule with something a lot of people have a morale issue with.

We're doing the same to a lesser extent with BetMGM. And in recent days the really dodgy Kraken Crypto company. No more pointing at arsenal and their Rwanda deal now

No rules broken getting sponsors that are not good for society or owned by absolute morons. But not ideal

A betting agency is not the same level of bad PR as sponsorship promoting tourism to a country your own government has sold asylum seekers to.

And you chastise the club for not engaging in the shady business practice of artificially inflated academy sales purely for PSR purposes. I praised them for that. We aren't badly run to the point we need to use these shonky trading practices.

Shows me you'll never actually get it as a fan. Chastise the club for bad business dealings in their professional life, chastise the club for the Solomon deal... Now chastise the club for not engaging in shady transfer business.

A betting agency is not the same level of bad PR as sponsorship promoting tourism to a country your own government has sold asylum seekers to.

And you chastise the club for not engaging in the shady business practice of artificially inflated academy sales purely for PSR purposes. I praised them for that. We aren't badly run to the point we need to use these shonky trading practices.

Shows me you'll never actually get it as a fan. Chastise the club for bad business dealings in their professional life, chastise the club for the Solomon deal... Now chastise the club for not engaging in shady transfer business.
I'm not chastising them for taking the betting or Crypto on board. It's not illegal. Just like selling academy players for a profit isn't. I'm just calling it hypocritical to be okay with 1 and not the others.

I do have more of a human rights issue with the whole Solomon deal. Profiting off a war torn country's club for a player who we will nearly certainly sell for a massive profit to help PSR. That is grubby. 1000x more than selling academy players.

To rub salt into the wound, said player has since posted some very anti Palestine material as well

Bigfooty Yid Army Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back