Bigfooty Yid Army Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

You're missing the point entirely. These clubs are not transferring academy players between each other because they want and need the player. They are doing so purely so they can buy and sell an expendable academy player and treat both differently on a balance sheet. Purchase spread out over contract, sale registered in full now. Making them FFP compliant. The point isn't selling academy players from profit, it's how they're being sold, and why.

Hypocritical? I've made no endorsement of our new sponsor as I posted in May I was taking a sabbatical from football and have withdrawn from football news.

Pop in here to see you endorsing accounting practices that the sports xxand financial dopers engage in.

You're missing the point entirely. These clubs are not transferring academy players between each other because they want and need the player. They are doing so purely so they can buy and sell an expendable academy player and treat both differently on a balance sheet. Purchase spread out over contract, sale registered in full now. Making them FFP compliant. The point isn't selling academy players from profit, it's how they're being sold, and why.

Hypocritical? I've made no endorsement of our new sponsor as I posted in May I was taking a sabbatical from football and have withdrawn from football news.

Pop in here to see you endorsing accounting practices that the sports xxand financial dopers engage in.
I get what and why they are doing it and since the rules allow for it, there's nothing technically or legally wrong with it.

Unlike the rules Paratici broke....

I don't agree with the rules, but they are there and we are competing against clubs who are using it as a loophole.

Just like we used the civil rights loophole to sign Solomon for a discounted fee. So we can sell him for pure profit. It's a known fact that he wasn't at the top of our lists but the "opportunity" was too good for the club to pass up.

And we aren't the only ones to use transfer loopholes, just like these academy clubs, or dopers as you so hysterically call them. Everyone knows everton did us over on the Dele fee by not playing him over the quota of games.

All clubs play within the lines and in some areas push them to the max.

Some do it with academy sales. Others with non selection of players to keep fee structures down.

Others do it with less ethical sponsorship. And some do it profiting off war. And we do a bit of the two

A betting agency is not the same level of bad PR as sponsorship promoting tourism to a country your own government has sold asylum seekers to.
Debatable, but also an irrelevant point. The lesser evil does not equate to being appropriate by comparison.

Debatable, but also an irrelevant point. The lesser evil does not equate to being appropriate by comparison.
With respect,

I don't give a rats tossbag about a betting company becoming a shirt sponsor, nor has anything I've said condoned it, I've by and large lost a lot of interest in this corrupt sport. But if you think it's in any way comparable to the UK government treating some refugees as too hard basket and using them as a sellable commodity to broker a deal with Rwanda than you and I are never going to be on the same page

I came here to see what our great club was up to and saw the resident misery merchant moaning once more, and this time about this club behaving and acting the right way. What then followed was the same whataboutery drivel that makes me question the fanbase I intermingle with.

See y'all in about 6 months when I give a cursory check in to see what's up.
Criticised for not financially doping academy sales. Speechless.

With respect,

I don't give a rats tossbag about a betting company becoming a shirt sponsor, nor has anything I've said condoned it, I've by and large lost a lot of interest in this corrupt sport. But if you think it's in any way comparable to the UK government treating some refugees as too hard basket and using them as a sellable commodity to broker a deal with Rwanda than you and I are never going to be on the same page

I came here to see what our great club was up to and saw the resident misery merchant moaning once more, and this time about this club behaving and acting the right way. What then followed was the same whataboutery drivel that makes me question the fanbase I intermingle with.

See y'all in about 6 months when I give a cursory check in to see what's up.
Criticised for not financially doping academy sales. Speechless.
On the contrary my little sparrow.

I am escalating the seriousness of gambling, not minimising the seriousness of anything else.

But we're all well aware discussions with you are not about the issue at hand, but more about you wanting to be right.

See you in six months! Why not make it 12! Either way let's hope it's longer than your last leave of absence.

Ange is not really a forgiving guy. Once you are bombed out under him you are gone. Full buy in or GTFO.
If that's the case id rather him not bother with him and not waste minutes and training time on Spence.

Let him train with the reserves and get mins into another kid.

He might end up doing that when more bodies are back.

On the contrary my little sparrow.

I am escalating the seriousness of gambling, not minimising the seriousness of anything else.

But we're all well aware discussions with you are not about the issue at hand, but more about you wanting to be right.

See you in six months! Why not make it 12! Either way let's hope it's longer than your last leave of absence.
It's the holier than thou approach he takes that really is annoying. And he picks and chooses his battles based on what Daniel Levy has decided to do and retrofits back from there.

Loyalty is unquestionably high. Morals, you be the judge.....

Rwanda sponsoring = bad
Crypto and gambling = good

Profitable academy sales = bad
Profitable stolen Ukraine war sales = good

PSR academy amortisation loophole = bad
Paratici amortisation rule breaking = good

If you wanted to have a separate discussion on gambling it'd be a short one, if you weren't such a blow in you'd know (among many) I have more than once on the cats board praised them for the removal of pokies and gambling related revenue, ditto the AFL, and it's shows and print media. All of which have taken steps to cut back on sports betting and odds.

I said I am not interested on the contrary because JD was using it to deflect, despite me agreeing it was bad. I was sticking to the topic at hand. Which was bemoaning smaller sales by avoiding financial collusion to avoid June 30 sanctions.

You'll find that in this thread, and the wider site I find many topics, views or stances I don't agree with. I stick with the ones I am most confident I am right on, and ones I feel passionately about. When I find myself disagreeing with some here I often open the question up and ask mates, spurs Reddit, OzSpurs Facebook and two forums for their view. And have done so here as well.

Can't find another person on these platforms who agrees with JD that we should be doing better and getting fees akin to that of Villa, Everton etc. So I'll stick to my view thanks all the same.

If you took the name of who made the comment out if it and read them as anonymous, I doubt you'd agree with the sentiment that we should be getting more for academy sales. We don't play them and most haven't proven themselves at a major league top flight. Getting more requires shady business.

Bunch of moaning sheep in here anyway. Baa Baa.
It's the holier than thou approach he takes that really is annoying. And he picks and chooses his battles based on what Daniel Levy has decided to do and retrofits back from there.

Loyalty is unquestionably high. Morals, you be the judge.....

Rwanda sponsoring = bad
Crypto and gambling = good

Profitable academy sales = bad
Profitable stolen Ukraine war sales = good

PSR academy amortisation loophole = bad
Paratici amortisation rule breaking = good
Never said crypto/gambling was good. Comprehension fail. I just wasn't interested in you deflecting from your shit POV on academy sales.

Profitable academy sales is good. How clubs got them this summer is bad.

What do you want players in Ukraine to do? Play in a war torn country. FIFA specifically suspended players contracts in Ukraine and Russia so they could play football and not be bound to a club in a danger zone. In doing so all suspended contracts allowed players to leave for free. He wanted to stay in England. We arranged a friendly to raise money for the Ukrainian war effort.

Gio and 19m for Ramsey

Glad we find a use for gio but not sure another player in the Maddison, Bergvall, Kulucevski, Devine, Donley area is where we need to add

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you wanted to have a separate discussion on gambling it'd be a short one, if you weren't such a blow in you'd know (among many) I have more than once on the cats board praised them for the removal of pokies and gambling related revenue, ditto the AFL, and it's shows and print media. All of which have taken steps to cut back on sports betting and odds.

I said I am not interested on the contrary because JD was using it to deflect, despite me agreeing it was bad. I was sticking to the topic at hand. Which was bemoaning smaller sales by avoiding financial collusion to avoid June 30 sanctions.

You'll find that in this thread, and the wider site I find many topics, views or stances I don't agree with. I stick with the ones I am most confident I am right on, and ones I feel passionately about. When I find myself disagreeing with some here I often open the question up and ask mates, spurs Reddit, OzSpurs Facebook and two forums for their view. And have done so here as well.

Can't find another person on these platforms who agrees with JD that we should be doing better and getting fees akin to that of Villa, Everton etc. So I'll stick to my view thanks all the same.

If you took the name of who made the comment out if it and read them as anonymous, I doubt you'd agree with the sentiment that we should be getting more for academy sales. We don't play them and most haven't proven themselves at a major league top flight. Getting more requires shady business.

Bunch of moaning sheep in here anyway. Baa Baa.

Never said crypto/gambling was good. Comprehension fail. I just wasn't interested in you deflecting from your shit POV on academy sales.

Profitable academy sales is good. How clubs got them this summer is bad.

What do you want players in Ukraine to do? Play in a war torn country. FIFA specifically suspended players contracts in Ukraine and Russia so they could play football and not be bound to a club in a danger zone. In doing so all suspended contracts allowed players to leave for free. He wanted to stay in England. We arranged a friendly to raise money for the Ukrainian war effort.
His club has taken us to court over it.

We only signed him because of the war loophole knowing it would be a cheaper fee than we'd be able to sell him for, or even get in loan fees across the length of his deal. Our intentions were never pure on that deal

We only signed him because of the war loophole knowing it would be a cheaper fee than we'd be able to sell him for, or even get in loan fees across the length of his deal. Our intentions were never pure on that deal
No they haven't

No they haven't
Not yet but are threatening to, sorry

Shameful that other clubs have looked after them yet we want to walk all over them.

Karma really that he looks like being a 5m waste of space that we can't register this coming season. Most likely loaned out

Even minor, Bergval now injured so fitting right in
Yeah hopefully precautionary taking him off. Looked good again today

Gunter the young keeper very impressive
Moore again looking encouraging. Makes the need for Solomon to go very important. Moore as backup to Werner and Son on the left is better than Solomon already

Yeah hopefully precautionary taking him off. Looked good again today

Gunter the young keeper very impressive
Moore again looking encouraging. Makes the need for Solomon to go very important. Moore as backup to Werner and Son on the left is better than Solomon already
I enjoyed the U21 season and both Gunther and Luke Keeley impressed me

I'm over Postecoglou.

I just know he's going to not make many changes to his preferred lineup from last season, and not give chances to players who deserve one.

Two friendlies and played Mikey Moore our of position on the right in both of them. For some reason crabs pike Werner and Solomon get priority access to the left position even though they're clearly not up to it. And what's the deal with subbing Lankshear on for the second half, letting him play for 20 minutes then subbing him off? Been done two friendlies in a row now. He scored a nice goal in the first friendly, but hey can't let the academy lads build any confidence.
K see ya then 👋

Keep deflecting Captain America. That shield doing you wonders.
I care not about anything else you add to deflect. You made a remark about academy sales, it was rebutted and you haven't been able to respond since.

Do you want us to engage in the dark arts of June 30 FFP academy rorting or not? Simple question requiring a simple Y/N answer.

Pierre Emille - Hojberg sounds like he is off to Marseille worth £13.5m

you'd think we keep Skipp as depth and adds to homegrown numbers
Busy outgoings the next week or so

Emerson, reguillon and gil need to be shifted before we move some on

Skipp has to stay unless we sign Edwards or KWP. Club trained shortage until this new crop get older

Busy outgoings the next week or so

Emerson, reguillon and gil need to be shifted before we move some on

Skipp has to stay unless we sign Edwards or KWP. Club trained shortage until this new crop get older

Are you worried by how little incomings appear to be happening?

Reguillon (serie A) and Gil (Girona) the latest outgoing rumours

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Are you worried by how little incomings appear to be happening?

Reguillon (serie A) and Gil (Girona) the latest outgoing rumours

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Not particularly

I'd like to think Spence can turn his career around and we have our RB. Probably just need someone like Chalobah as that cover across multiple defensive positions. And a winger with pace to replace Solomon. And a ST only if we get a crazy good offer for richarlison. So not heaps of work to go on the incomings

But still need shift the 2 you mentioned, Solomon, Emerson and sort out which of the kids go out on loan

Remove this Banner Ad

Bigfooty Yid Army Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back