Bigfooty Yid Army Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Are you worried by how little incomings appear to be happening?

Reguillon (serie A) and Gil (Girona) the latest outgoing rumours

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
City, Arsenal haven't bought either. Clearly working on multiple targets. Better to be patient than overpay early for say Toney. Get him once they drop the price.

City, Arsenal haven't bought either. Clearly working on multiple targets. Better to be patient than overpay early for say Toney. Get him once they drop the price.
Yeah I've warmed to the toney idea for the right price.

It's still a big if, but let's say brentford do drop below 45m. And we can get 60m for Richarlison. It would be a no brainer. Especially when you consider Solanke who I'm not as convinced on, would cost over 60m

Yeah I've warmed to the toney idea for the right price.

It's still a big if, but let's say brentford do drop below 45m. And we can get 60m for Richarlison. It would be a no brainer. Especially when you consider Solanke who I'm not as convinced on, would cost over 60m
I think Toneys great, can bring in the wingers with hold up play but can also play as a target man and score ugly goals.

I think Toneys great, can bring in the wingers with hold up play but can also play as a target man and score ugly goals.
I think he'd be great for both Lankshear and Veliz to learn from who both share similar frames but will need to learn how to use them as their young pups in comparison

I'd rather spend less on Toney and feels like a safer goal contribution amount than Gyokeres who could be amazing or could bust, or Solanke who I don't think gets 15+ year after year.

Solanke for his fee I would just rather keep Richarlison whose body is an issue but is more proven

Another youngster on the verge of signing for us

2006 born Korean Min-Hyuk Yang apparently close to signing for us..

I like we’re going in a completely different route to what we’ve usually done but will these youngsters all be good enough to push for first team action quickly and keep us competitive?

Another youngster on the verge of signing for us

2006 born Korean Min-Hyuk Yang apparently close to signing for us..

I like we’re going in a completely different route to what we’ve usually done but will these youngsters all be good enough to push for first team action quickly and keep us competitive?

This is clearly more than a one year rebuild. I think they realise spurs can't compete with city and Chelsea so have to gamble on developing world class players

This is clearly more than a one year rebuild. I think they realise spurs can't compete with city and Chelsea so have to gamble on developing world class players
Better to throw 5 darts at the board like Bergvall, the new Northern Irish kid, this guy, Vuskovic etc. than spend the combined amount on 1 overpaid non top quality more established type like Ndombele

I also don't mind the undervalued style rumours we currently have our names next to in Chiesa and Toney. Sure they're older, will incur a fee, but are quite proven compared to some of our previous senior targets

Better to throw 5 darts at the board like Bergvall, the new Northern Irish kid, this guy, Vuskovic etc. than spend the combined amount on 1 overpaid non top quality more established type like Ndombele

I also don't mind the undervalued style rumours we currently have our names next to in Chiesa and Toney. Sure they're older, will incur a fee, but are quite proven compared to some of our previous senior targets
I agree, Arsenal climbed up the table by buying rice and Jesus etc but it really came from getting Saka, Martinelli, Saliba, Gabriel relatively cheap or through the academy. Spurs will have to do the same. One 70m player won't change the team, they'll need to develop some stars.

I agree, Arsenal climbed up the table by buying rice and Jesus etc but it really came from getting Saka, Martinelli, Saliba, Gabriel relatively cheap or through the academy. Spurs will have to do the same. One 70m player won't change the team, they'll need to develop some stars.
The crazy part of this is its back to our old approach

Cheap young players - dele, Walker, Lennon, Huddlestone, Bale
Undervalued young overseas younger talent - Lloris, Vertonghen
Academy players - Kane, Rose
Undervalued safe steals - Toby, Wanyama

Not too much fanfare came from the signings we made like there has been with guys like Lo Celso and Ndombele.

The approach doesn't guarantee success as evidenced by Sessongon and Tanganga etc not making the grade. But you've got to stick to what you do well as a club. We should be the best in that Leipzig/Dortmund tier where we play youth but have money to acquire hot prospects and develop it. And then cherry pick absolute guns like Maddison or an Eze or Toney if they're available for an Undervalued fee

Its nice to see a completely different approach, like jd2010 has said, this was the first incarnation of ENIC & Levy, bought them some profits too if the Bale buy was them (buy low, sell very high).
The acquisition of so much young talent questions how much confidence we have in the youth academy we have. They have some exceptionally good youngsters but wanting to buy on top of them, we may end up the way of Chelsea with an overinflated loan list because we want them to develop elsewhere. Who was the kid who played less than 10 first team games in 10 years for Chelsea who was sold in recent years? Will we end up like this? 😂

Ryan Sessengon back to Fulham on a free. Hope he gets the body right because you can see he has the ability, the body just didn’t hold up. 24 so plenty of time to forge a career

I was feeling nostalgic, remember Shayon Harrison? He was the Spurs loanee who was at Victory back in 2019. Playing Romanian first division now. Fall from grace and at 27, doubt he’ll ever get to a level he promised.

Ryan Sessengon back to Fulham on a free. Hope he gets the body right because you can see he has the ability, the body just didn’t hold up. 24 so plenty of time to forge a career

I was feeling nostalgic, remember Shayon Harrison? He was the Spurs loanee who was at Victory back in 2019. Playing Romanian first division now. Fall from grace and at 27, doubt he’ll ever get to a level he promised.
Don't think Harrison ever had high expectations on him tbf

Bigger falls from grave or promise; Bostock, Onomah, Pritchard, all pretty fresh and known.

But Reo Griffiths left us for Lyon and now at Wealdstone, Cameron Lancaster who was ahead of Kane for large parts of their youth careers now a battler in the US, Cristian Ceballos in Azerbaijan, Dorian Dervite in Cyprus

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watching the KOBE v Spurs friendly and gee whiz its exciting to be a Tottenham supporter. Obviously the might of KOBE is marginally less than that if Man City (lol) but the passing, the dribbling, the link up play of the kids has been brilliant.

Bergvall is going to be a bloody exciting player. Lankashear is going to surprise and Grey already looks like he will be comfortable at senior level

Watching the KOBE v Spurs friendly and gee whiz its exciting to be a Tottenham supporter. Obviously the might of KOBE is marginally less than that if Man City (lol) but the passing, the dribbling, the link up play of the kids has been brilliant.

Bergvall is going to be a bloody exciting player. Lankashear is going to surprise and Grey already looks like he will be comfortable at senior level
How was Kulu in the false 9 role?

Liked the look of him in that role end of season for that small period

How was Kulu in the false 9 role?

Liked the look of him in that role end of season for that small period
Really? I thought he never really took the opportunity when played more centrally.

Just had to re check. Was just the one game. And was only Sheffield United. But 2 goals nonetheless, and in pre season so far seems to be involved with a few assists with his link up.

It's false 9 or bust for him I'd say.

Little wonder napoli are linked

Kulu impressive at 9 again. He's ahead of Son and Werner for that spot, they must be left out wide

Liked the look of Bergvall and Gray. Sarr a bit sloppy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Bigfooty Yid Army Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back