Bigfooty Yid Army Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think in true Levy-nomics fashion the academy isn't actually to get first team players but to make money from. If they make it at Spurs it's a bonus or exception not the rule. We will see more 500k - 2m sales now from the academy rather than give them a go like Mason & Townsend who got us in the long run 8-10m
End of the day you’ve got to be a bloody good player to get in this team. If we want to stay a top four side or better the chances of having much youth come through are slim. Even when United won everything with mainly youth there wasn’t nearly as much money or foreign talent in the league as their is now

Yeah but hindsight and all that. You can’t just say “we shouldn’t have bought him because he’s crap” when at the time they were potentially decent signings. I think we can agree that Sissoko was the exception to that one though
Poch doesn't agree. Been reading in recent weeks that Poch rates Sissoko for what he brings (47 apps last season).
The problem is that we misuse him. Deschamps at France and Pardew at Newcastle both used him as the RM in a 4-3-3.

We use him as CM/DM as well as RW.
I'm ok with keeping him. Decent squad option.

End of the day you’ve got to be a bloody good player to get in this team. If we want to stay a top four side or better the chances of having much youth come through are slim. Even when United won everything with mainly youth there wasn’t nearly as much money or foreign talent in the league as their is now
In a squad of 25 with the best youth facilities in the country there should be a clear pathway for 1-2 to come through and be part of that every 2 years. Some won't end up to it (looks like Onomah and CCV might head down this path) but they were given a chance to be in the 1st team squad for a whole season before going out on loan. This next batch of talented youngsters (Edwards & Griffiths) have been mishandled and got frustrated by not being given a chance to even be a part of things whilst workhorses like Luke Amos & Georgiou are given a go even though nobody actually thinks they'll ever be top 6 or top half PL players

Poch doesn't agree. Been reading in recent weeks that Poch rates Sissoko for what he brings (47 apps last season).
The problem is that we misuse him. Deschamps at France and Pardew at Newcastle both used him as the RM in a 4-3-3.

We use him as CM/DM as well as RW.
I'm ok with keeping him. Decent squad option.
He was gash at Newcastle - we bought him off the back of the 2016 Euros surely. He had a few good games in the CL amittadly, but I can’t take to him. Obviously Poch knows best but I’d be happy if we brought in Grealish to replace him

He was gash at Newcastle - we bought him off the back of the 2016 Euros surely. He had a few good games in the CL amittadly, but I can’t take to him. Obviously Poch knows best but I’d be happy if we brought in Grealish to replace him
I’d like to buy Grealish and not sell a midfielder. Sell N’Koudou and Llorente.
Buy another one on top of that if Dembele leaves (doubtful).

I wouldn't even be against a short term emergency signing like Drinkwater was for Chelsea. Someone like Jack Cork.

Ideally we should be looking at alternatives to Grealish who we've stuffed up on and now the new owners wont sell. Lewis Cook from Bournemouth and Ward-Prowse from Southampton. Go offer 40m to their clubs and see what happens

and would be made to pay extortionate fee to buy.
You bemoan not playing the youth but now advocate buying average dross because they're better than Onomah.

Yet state Griffiths is better than Llorente. In what world Sir, in what world.

and would be made to pay extortionate fee to buy.
You bemoan not playing the youth but now advocate buying average dross because they're better than Onomah.

Yet state Griffiths is better than Llorente. In what world Sir, in what world.
Not playing youth as 3rd choices like GKN and Llorente is very different to an important member of the squad which is what our CM signing will be.

I wouldn't want guys like Griffiths or Edwards making more than 15-20 appearances all season but this CM that we sign has to if we are to do well. I'd rather Lewis Cook or JWP make 30+ appearances than Onomah

Griffiths and Edwards are DONE. You need to come to terms with it.
Poor attitudes see you gone under Poch.

Mate we're talking about an 8th HG. If we don't get Grealish who has potential then our 8th CL HG will be Onomah and he won't play a minute.
If we don't get Grealish we'll sign foreign quality far beyond those mid table players.

This isn't about 30+ appearances. Those two won't be at this club in September.

The windows been open 60+ days and we haven't worked anything out yet in terms of CM depth and first teamers yet you're confident we will in the next 12-13 days

#delusionsofGero

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We will buy a CM. Just won't be those two.
That's the 2nd time you've gone the ad hominem route because I disagree with your transfer targets.

R U OK?
I just find it odd that you think we'll sign a CM which everyone knows is a need when we haven't all window (which is 80% complete), didn't in January (fair enough tough to make signings but it's not like Andre Gomes was needed at Barca then), didn't all last summer window (failed with Barkley and then left it too late on Gomes).

The real question is R U OK with going in with this CM group? Because it's very likely this will be it

Wanyama (crocked knee out for who knows how long)
Winks (crocked ankle out for 1-3 months)
Dembele (31 year old who wont play more than 35 games this season, also no pre-season)
Dier (1 week long pre-season)
Josh Onomah (6 or 7 out of 10 season at Villa, wasn't a regular starter by the end of the season)
Sissoko (gash footballer who does grunt work well, something that a kid like Amos or Skipp could easily do)
Luke Amos (21 year old with not even League One experience)
Oliver Skipp (17 year old that everyone thinks will be a gun one day)

Liverpools squd

38052804_2060370284010172_5114868070245990400_n.png

meanwhile at WHL

latest

Liverpools squd

38052804_2060370284010172_5114868070245990400_n.png

meanwhile at WHL

latest
They’ve backed Klopp to go out and win the league. Almost feel that our owners reckon we can’t take on City so are happy to challenge for top four. That won’t end well - you have to keep adding to the squad to keep the existing players on their toes

FWIW

Edwards reportedly also has a shocking attitude, and was sent back to the club from Norwich because of it.
We know how guys in the first team with bad attitudes fair with Poch. These kids have no hope getting more generous treatment.

Shape up or ship out essentially.
Lol at mentioning KWP

Clearly in Pochs plans

What a salty ****

Lol at mentioning KWP

Clearly in Pochs plans

What a salty ****
Correct and I won’t miss him for a second. If he has a bad attitude at youth level it likely won’t improve.

Edwards reportedly is sailing close to the wind on that front

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back