Bigfooty Yid Army Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Same every year no point stressing about it, but becomes even worse in a World Cup year.
Still frustrating, but it is his preferred method.
Weird though as he called out the board to invest this time. Perhaps it was just about securing the existing players on competitive wages though!

jd2010 as per your tag today. It makes good business sense as he was bought for a pittance but ultimately doesn’t work in a football sense.

What are our usual selections behind Kane?

No Son: Eriksen - Dele - Lamela
This season that may become Lucas on the right.
With Son: Son - Dele - Eriksen

In either scenario that leaves 2 AM’s on the bench. He doesn’t have the defensive workrate so not worth pursuing given we have better bench options already.

Zaha (at his price) makes little sense either. We already have two players on the right and how often do we play on the counter? Not really going to help our problem breaking down two banks of 4.

Grealish wasn’t good enough
Shaqiri not good enough
Zaha not needed

May as well just count Onomah and CCV as new signings and win the league

I changed my mind on Grealish. Happy to give him a crack.
Shaqiri doesn't fit our style.
You personally have spoken about breaking down busses yet can't see that he won't help with that? You'd want him to given it'd cost a club record fee.

Zaha helps us break down bus parkers more than Lamela, Sissoko, GKN, Llorente and Janssen. Whilst they’re on our books of course I want him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Instead of outwide having a Lamela or Sissoko who can’t beat a man and play simple balls back inboard we’d have another option who can beat his man and draw their defence out of shape. Something that hopefully Lucas can do, something that Son can occasionally do but that’s all we’ve got. Lamela and Sissoko aren’t game changers off the bench at all guys like Zaha are.

We could do that playing 4-3-3 with Son and Lucas out wide.
If we're paying 70m for him we need to be absolutely sure he makes us significantly better and helps with our weaknesses. That's hard to say yes to atm.

The club has money to spend. Apparently there was 50m to spend before any sales. That was the stories early in the window. Now it’s we are too poor and have to sell to buy. Mixed messaging from Poch who wanted to make a statement but is now calm we haven’t got anyone two weeks before we start

We’ve got no Wanyama, Sissoko or Winks due to injury. Our only CMs are due back at the club a few days before the opening day. Even a new signing now would struggle to play. Oliver Skipp come on down son

Pre window opening transfer hopes: Bale

Window opens transfer hopes: Martial, De Ligt, Ndomble

July transfer hopes: Shaqiri, Grealish, Pavard

Actual new players for next season: Carter-Vickers, N’Koudou, Skipp and Amos

Levy should sell the club so it can actually achieve something. Holds the club for his own ego not the betterment of Tottenham Hotspur.

Knew something was amiss when we finished 5th one year and he was considering selling the club and added something like 30% to it's evaluation from the previous year despite finishing lower.

I know being no where near as educated as some of you fine folk but even I can tell that he doesn't give a shit other than his own ego. Would have been a perfect time to go after players, be ambitious, instead he hides in his shell and hopes to squeeze every dollar out of an opposition team for his/there player.

He wants to sell when it’s worth a crazy amount of money. I’ve always hoped the new stadium would bring about that happening. But if we fall away this season we are stuck with him. Can’t see anyone buying a non CL club

He wants to sell when it’s worth a crazy amount of money. I’ve always hoped the new stadium would bring about that happening. But if we fall away this season we are stuck with him. Can’t see anyone buying a non CL club

See the new stadium as a lock for Levy for the next decade

Holds the club for his own ego not the betterment of Tottenham Hotspur.
Sorry but that's BS.

July 2015

DizW0WbXcAAK8Y6.jpg

July 2016

DizW0WcXUAIIDgn.jpg

July 2017

DizW0WeWsAAth3C.jpg

July 2018

DizW0WcWkAAzR4K.jpg

Say whatever you want about our slow transfer business but those 4 pictures prove he has not only the betterment of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club at heart but also the Tottenham/Haringey area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back