Player Watch Billy Frampton

Remove this Banner Ad

Played his role exactly as scripted, Harris Andrews was largely a non entity.

Proven right as always. Poor performance, dropped three marks…still as I originally pointed out he played his function negating the Lions structure. I thought it would be down back. Undoubtedly he would have had a better game had he played in the prelim and had some experience. Right as usual

We wouldn’t be in the grand final if Cameron didn’t play the prelim. Frampton was there to play a sacrificial role on Andrews and played that role extremely well.

He'll be called upon a lot more next year I think, could easily replace Cameron or Murphy.
Yes Cameron will be under more pressure next yr, Murphy is the 1 who really worries me though because he keeps getting knocked around and if Billy had to go back to cover for him Andrews would have had a field day.

If Andrews played like he did in the 4 qtr all day we would have struggled just as well we kept him forward.

Sober thoughts: I think Billy was too worried about Andrews at times and forgot to go for the ball. However he did his role and kept up with Andrews all game. Andrews had a Darcy-like impact on the game in the first 3 quarters and by the time he started getting into the match it was too late. If Billy stuck that 1 uncontested mark that seemly caught him off guard we’d be saying “good on him”.

We seriously need to require a real KPF though lol

Sober thoughts: I think Billy was too worried about Andrews at times and forgot to go for the ball. However he did his role and kept up with Andrews all game. Andrews had a Darcy-like impact on the game in the first 3 quarters and by the time he started getting into the match it was too late. If Billy stuck that 1 uncontested mark that seemly caught him off guard we’d be saying “good on him”.

We seriously need to require a real KPF though lol

McStay will be there for round 1, 2024 after a modified preseason.

He did.

But an AFL player should be able to play their role but also mark an uncontested ball.

So he dropped a mark. It was a bullet pass too and he’s was in the middle of a pack so a little ingenious to call it uncontested… was still a tough one to grab.

All year Andrews has been their biggest weapon. frampton neutralised him and removed their drive from half back which is one of their main scoring routes. As good a two possession game as you’ll see.

He did.

But an AFL player should be able to play their role but also mark an uncontested ball.
To be fair the only reason Billy even played was because the 2 KPFs in front of him were both injured. If you told us Andrews would be largely uninvolved
For 80% of the match before the game I’m sure 99% would take it.

He did.

He played his role to the extent that Andrews only had one good quarter, and Collingwood are premiers. Don't think anyone gives a **** about the rest

He’ll cop some hate and laughter from those on the outside of our club - but we all know how highly Fly preaches “play your role”, and for three quarters yesterday Billy did exactly that on one of the premier defenders of the competition.

You only need to re-watch the lions prelim against Carlton to see how big of an obstacle Harris actually can be, and for 75% of the game Billy fought a galant 0-0 draw against him.

Knew his role and did his job - keep that medal shiny for us Bill!

He’ll cop some hate and laughter from those on the outside of our club - but we all know how highly Fly preaches “play your role”, and for three quarters yesterday Billy did exactly that on one of the premier defenders of the competition.

You only need to re-watch the lions prelim against Carlton to see how big of an obstacle Harris actually can be, and for 75% of the game Billy fought a galant 0-0 draw against him.

Knew his role and did his job - keep that medal shiny for us Bill!

Aka people who didn't just win a flag.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well done Billy. A great story and you played a role in a flag team. He may never be a best 22 player but he will be a premiership player forever. Fantastic

He did.

I don't know why Fagan allowed his star interceptor to be tagged on the goal line for 3 quarters of the game. It was a head scratcher for me.

I don't know why Fagan allowed his star interceptor to be tagged on the goal line for 3 quarters of the game. It was a head scratcher for me.

Because he’s not a good coach.

Too busy doodling on his notebook. What sort of coach uses pen and paper?

Maybe I’m a pessimist but I thought he played much much better than I thought he would. His game would always be assessed based on Andrews’ influence on the game

Took Andrews out of the game which was huge. It was this outcome that allowed our smalls to dominate

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Helped Bobby kick those goals. Bobby doesn't score four or win the Norm without Frampton annoying Andrews for the day.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Billy Frampton

Remove this Banner Ad

Back