Player Watch Billy Frampton

Remove this Banner Ad

He hasn’t looked timid in the ruck at any stage. I think he isn’t the best reader of the play, looks reactive at times, but not timid.
It's his reaction time I see as the issue, I reckon I could beat him at whack-a-mole.

Athletically though, he'd probably juuuussst beat me.

It's his reaction time I see as the issue, I reckon I could beat him at whack-a-mole.

Athletically though, he'd probably juuuussst beat me.

Really? That's bad news then. I was assuming he's been picked as the bloke most likely to whack that mole Andrews and do some damage?

He’s in. Good luck to him. Big chance to be that rare thing - a Collingwood premiership player.

As someone else on here suggested, can we lock Billy in a room, between now and Saturday, with Leigh Brown tapes on rotation.

Billy Frankston playing in the GF 👏

I think they’ve made the right call.

He’s versatile. Allows them to use either he, Cox or Cameron as a forward to help keep the same forward and ruck structure they’ve stuck to for a while now

He can also help out in defence if needed

Won’t be the reason we win or lose a GF. But gives the coaching team plenty of options on the day

Could Frampton be the latest AFL GF Cinderella story. Could he be the next Boyd, Jarman or Shane Ellen. * I hope so, give it everything Billy, leave nothing out there and go down as one of the truly great grand final stories
Hopefully he’ll gain meme status as a premiership forward like Shaun Grigg did as a premiership ruckman

He’s versatile. Allows them to use either he, Cox or Cameron as a forward to help keep the same forward and ruck structure they’ve stuck to for a while now
gure

Won’t be the reason we win or lose a GF. But gives the coaching team plenty of options on the day

Will be a total cult figure by 5.30pm

Good luck to him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Welcome to the club Billy, this season we will give you a few games to work out your best position, we will fill a few holes with you, give you lots of rest because the reason we bought you hear is to play your role on GF day and kick a bag while kicking the shizen out of any one that comes near you. Go get em Billy - we believe!

Go Billy. It’s made me so happy to see this already confirmed. I’ve been pushing it on here since McStay was out. For me, it was the only option.

Also think it’s a great story for him. He wanted to come to Collingwood after being thrown on the scrap heap. Did so much through the season for the club. He surprised me when he played his first game against Port when Howe was out. He was better than I had expected.

He then filled in being a decent ruckman when we were in our ruck crisis.

He stayed in the side when we didn’t have McStay. Highlight for me was the goal he kicked on the run against Gold Coast. Second was the one he celebrated on the bench after a score review. Can’t recall which game that was.

Recently, he was even called up again in those last two games when Moore went out.

This man is a role player. He’s been a huge part of our season playing 15 games. It’s fitting he gets this opportunity.

Make us proud, Billy!

We can argue the merits of his selection all we like, but one thing I do like is we’ve made the call early. That allows frampton to focus on the game and not be on tenterhooks all week.

Go well big fella.
I said it yesterday and I’ll say it again, I love we are transparent as a club.

It’s not for the fans. It’s to not play games and just focus on the task ahead.

Stop the media speculation. Just get it out there and we move on.

I was at a Collingwood panel show a few months ago and Steele was asked who he thought an underrated player was that could contribute more than expected..

His answer was Frampton because he has that mongrel in him.

Let’s hope he is right!!
Don't want him giving 50's away, just half a mongrel should do it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Billy Frampton

Remove this Banner Ad

Back