BJ Goddard

Remove this Banner Ad

So your point is Watson has more loyalty than Goddard? Yet you don't understand saints supporters being bitter towards him for not having loyalty :confused:
Well to put it bluntly, it's a stupid f***ing comparison, and it should be obvious as to why.

If you don't understand how someone who's playing at the club that he spent all of his childhood around with his father, is different to someone going to a club that he had no emotional connection to prior to getting there (not to mention the fact that he WOULD have gone to the club he supported as a kid if the s**t didn't hit the fan at Princes Park), then I can't say any more.

The links between Michael Hurley & GWS last year would have been a better example; I would have been shattered if he had gone, but I wouldn't have held it against him either.

Well to put it bluntly, it's a stupid f***ing comparison, and it should be obvious as to why.

If you don't understand how someone who's playing at the club that he spent all of his childhood around with his father, is different to someone going to a club that he had no emotional connection to prior to getting there (not to mention the fact that he WOULD have gone to the club he supported as a kid if the s**t didn't hit the fan at Princes Park), then I can't say any more.

The links between Michael Hurley & GWS last year would have been a better example; I would have been shattered if he had gone, but I wouldn't have held it against him either.
Can't be sure about this but didn't his dad coach another club for a couple of years?

How many years was BJ at the saints? I see what you are saying but come on.. He was in the leadership group and played in finals/grandfinals plus he's "mates" are there. Personally i wouldn't walk out on my mates of 7+ years. Hurley isn't even a comparison.

Pretty irrelevant. And no sane person would choose the Saints over the Bombers in 00'.
Hardly irrelevant to the post I quoted. Do you think Jobe spent all his time at Windy Hill while his dad coached at Moorabbin?

And if you were likely to start your career around 2003, the Saints would be a much better choice than Essendon.

Well....now you can understand why Gary Ablett Jnr who was basically brought up in the Geelong rooms, and whose father was a champion of the club would never leave the Cats to play for some plastic franchise........

Oh wait...........:eek:

Well....now you can understand why Gary Ablett Jnr who was basically brought up in the Geelong rooms, and whose father was a champion of the club would never leave the Cats to play for some plastic franchise........

Oh wait...........:eek:
I get your point, but in saying that, it was unique circumstances that lead him to the Gold Coast; he was given more money than anybody will likely ever be able to be given by anyone (unless another expansion team comes around in the near future, or a team does an incredibly good job with their cap).

Can't be sure about this but didn't his dad coach another club for a couple of years?
Well, guess I better expect Matthew Knights' kid to be coming to Essendon then when he grows up based on that flawless logic...

Well, guess I better expect Matthew Knights' kid to be coming to Essendon then when he grows up based on that flawless logic...

Where did I say Watson would go to St. Kilda. I'm just pointing out the error in your statement that Watson spent all his childhood with his dad at Windy Hill.

Don't take it out on me because you got it wrong.

Whilst a little different to the norm, I had absolutely no issue with it. Good to see a player leave the cliche media stuff behind and show some real emotion.

The reality of it is, he wanted to stay but the St Kilda offer wasn't satisfactory in comparison to what he could get elsewhere.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whilst a little different to the norm, I had absolutely no issue with it. Good to see a player leave the cliche media stuff behind and show some real emotion.

The reality of it is, he wanted to stay but the St Kilda offer wasn't satisfactory in comparison to what he could get elsewhere.

Not 100% sure but I think Saints offered him the same for three years but Bombers offered him 4 years the last year worth more?

Personally i wouldn't walk out on my mates of 7+ years. Hurley isn't even a comparison.

What if you had to consider these variables;

Its your last chance at a big contract

The club wont come to the party in helping you get that

Another club will

Whilst you have good mates, your head is not with the club.

Your mates should understand and respect decisions like these, considering they are professional footballers too.

Your last chance to set up your family for life, how many people get that chance?

Would you stay on lway less money and risk career ending injury on that money, upsetting a few people you may play a couple more years with. If there your mates, they're your real mates for life.

Good on you bj, cant stand you, but your did the best thing for your own career/life.

One of the most embarrassing things I've ever seen in my life. I cringed, badly.

Show some emotion Grandblue I hated it when he left but that's the way footy is going if you cant match other team offers then they go.I think the most embarrassing thing over the weekend was watching your mob trying to play.:rolleyes:

There once was a man from the saints
Who weighed up his is's and aint's
The boys photoed their wank
Well hello Mr Dank
F**ked if i'm wearing that taint.

Crocodile tears aren't going to win me over.

Goddard was dead to me when he swapped the mighty red, white and black jumper for the grey girl guides outfit.

spoons.jpg

Hand-Carved-Wooden-Spoon-by-Jon-Shade.jpg

il_fullxfull.311723837.jpg

nxkih3.jpg.gif

Not 100% sure but I think Saints offered him the same for three years but Bombers offered him 4 years the last year worth more?

Something along those lines. Not 100% on the terms but clearly the Essendon offer was more suitable. I don't think you can ever begrudge a person for taking better career options.

Why is loyalty a one way street? Why does Goddard have to accept less? Why does St Kilda not have to come to the party and still expect him to stay?

Where did I say Watson would go to St. Kilda. I'm just pointing out the error in your statement that Watson spent all his childhood with his dad at Windy Hill.

Don't take it out on me because you got it wrong.
So he wagged class at high school then? Something tells me considering where he went (Xavier) that's a pretty fat chance.

Remove this Banner Ad

BJ Goddard

Remove this Banner Ad

Back