BJ Goddard

Remove this Banner Ad

Not worth it, i've told all that will listen since 2010 that he's been worked out (ask Saints fans), i predicted he wouldn't come top 20 in the 2011 brownlow, i was called a ****** etc etc, i have studied his game in great detail and he relies on uncontested ball, he panicks in close around stoppages and he always has, let him play the old Heath Shaw role and he will cut you to ribbins but teams don't allow HBs the space they used to enjoy, as i said mate, good luck.
Listing one name would have been easier than typing that out.

Why is loyalty a one way street? Why does Goddard have to accept less? Why does St Kilda not have to come to the party and still expect him to stay?
Exactly. This is what those who support us who bag him for leaving because they think he left for money don't seem to get.

They think it's perfectly Ok for the club to put a cap on what they are prepared to pay him, but it's not OK for him to put a cap on how low he is prepared to go to stay? o_O Talk about double-standards and hypocrisy.

Loyalty is a two way street. Both parties are allowed to draw a line that they are not prepared to cross. He did. We did. Him leaving was the result. End of story.

I'd be crying too if I was on $700k odd a year! :D

I'd be crying too if it was 90 minutes from training to the nearest decent golf course.

When i saw this i couldn't believe it. What a w***er. Seriously he left the team when they needed him for money.

I would be crying tears of guilt if I was Goddard as well,

drafted as 17 yr old and payed above his worth for 10 years, and then he jumped ship when he was needed most to provide leadership.

Left for money and money alone, and then lied about it in the media

He felt guilty for what he has done and starting crying. how cute

You should look up the post 2010 threads on the polls board about Goddard, quote which posts of mine were wrong if you like.

couldn't give a rat's about what you've said in 2010, i think you're assertion that he's being paid too much is off, that's it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm betting a good percentage of those bagging BJ are the same clowns who bemoan the lack of characters in the game
So no one?

That was easy.
couldn't give a rat's about what you've said in 2010, i think you're assertion that he's being paid too much is off, that's it.
I wouldn't bother trying to talk about Goddard with the distributer, guys, as he is a 100% "Goddard Troll". Just look through his posting history. Just clocked over 200 posts about Goddard, most of them bagging the shit out of him.

Even when he gets called on something he writes on him (like that he can't break a tag- he was tagged plenty in 2009/2010- does anyone really think clubs were just letting him run free and rack up 30+ high quality disposals almost every second week, while playing midfield? OK :thumbsu: :D- Cameron Ling said during the coverage of one of our games last year how hard he found it to stop Brendon, for instance. Or that he only had one good year- he made the AA team in both 2009 and 2010 and came 12th in the Brownlow in 2009, yet he still reckons he only had one good year, 2010 :D- he had very good years for his age in '06 and '08, his comeback year from a knee reco, BTW. Or that he never played well on ball- which is so laughable it's not funny- look at his stats over the course of his career, he was averaging less than 30 clearances per year prior to 2009, when he was playing down back, but in 2009, when he made the move into the midfield, that went up to 61 and the following year he went up to 85, as evidence that he spent most of those years- easily the best of his career- in the midfield- wing and on ball- as I've said numerous times previously) and yet after getting called on these things and having nothing in reply but childish personal attacks, he then just goes and writes the same crap again in another thread like this one and so it goes on. (Surprised the "mods" let him keep getting away with it- it's trolling if ever I've seen it, particularly when he gets called on some of the crap he's written and has nothing in reply, yet goes and writes the same crap and blatant untruths in the next thread.)

Anyone that saw Brendon's terrific game on the ball against Freo a couple of weeks ago, or his similarly excellent games on ball near the end of last year against WB (when he went head to head with Boyd and beat him, keeping Boyd to his 3rd or 4th lowest possession game for the year, while getting 33 himself), Collingwood and Geelong, knows that he can well and truly still play well in the guts, or in the midfield generally. Pretty certain that his fantastic 2010 GF was also when he was playing on the ball (we had Fisher, Gwilt, Blake, Dawson, Baker, Dempster and Gilbert down back that day and BJ played midfield most of that year, so I'm about 99% sure he played midfield that day as well- pretty sure he played quite well that day, too. Sure kicked the ass of the Collingwood midfield).

I wouldn't bother trying to talk about Goddard with the distributer, guys, as he is a 100% "Goddard Troll". Just look through his posting history. Just clocked over 200 posts about Goddard, most of them bagging the shit out of him.

That is all well and good, but out of those 5 trillion posts i've made about Goddard, can you please quote one which is wrong? FFS, BF pretty much had him as the no2 player in the comp after 2010, i saw him for what he was.

I seem to recall you calling him VFL standard. Still sticking with that one champ?

I said he would've found himself in the VFL more often than not if he played for Collingwood post 2010, add Geelong to that list as well, look up his 2011-2012 stats, they aren't great.

Can we compare their wages?

I think they're both slightly overpaid.

Maxwell is being paid in legit aussie currency, not monopoly money, and Goddard is probably getting about 800k or more this year as his contract is front loaded.

One is making more than the other because one is a much better player than the other.

Both still play a very valuable role for their sides.

That is all well and good, but out of those 5 trillion posts i've made about Goddard, can you please quote one which is wrong? FFS, BF pretty much had him as the no2 player in the comp after 2010, i saw him for what he was.
I could quote plenty of them. I just went through a list of examples in the 2nd paragraph of my post of things you've been wrong about.

You said he had one good year, numerous times, including in a thread on "players who had one good year", where your one word answer was "Goddard". Epic fail.

You said he's never played well in the midfield, numerous times. Epic fail.

You've said he can't break a tag, numerous times. Epic fail.

As I said last time we went through all this, it's pretty bloody clear that you only started following Goddard's career after the 2010 finals series, as you seem to be completely ignorant of what he did in all the years prior to that, yet you think you're an expert on him. You may have seen a lot of what he's done since 2010, when he has struggled after injuring his hip in R1 of 2011 (which needed an operation, but he played the whole year with it) and starting slowly last year, after his offseason hip operation, but finishing it well, but he actually had a career prior to that, where he did many, if not all the things you say he can't or hasn't done.

He's even done some of these things since then (like the 3 outstanding games he played on ball late last year, or the one he played against Freo a couple of weeks ago), but you are either ignoring or completely unaware of them as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

BJ Goddard

Remove this Banner Ad

Back