BJ Goddard

Remove this Banner Ad

Whilst I don't begrudge him the right to show his emotion, and it was clearly genuine, i'd imagine those tears will be of little comfort to Saints fans and his ex-teammates. It's a bit late for that BJ.

Can someone bump the threads from back when Roo was filmed crying on the bench at the Gabba after he did his shoulder as a young fella. He was pilloried on here for years about being a sook and a crybaby, it still gets brought up.

Now Goddard spurts a few during an interview and he's "showing some heart"? Random...

He'll get over it once he counts his cash, that's all that matters obviously. in the old days for guys like Barker, Loewe, Harvey etc etc it was worth shedding 200K from your high end market value to stay loyal and play with your mates, but obviously those days are gone. He can't have it both ways though.

Can someone bump the threads from back when Roo was filmed crying on the bench at the Gabba after he did his shoulder as a young fella. He was pilloried on here for years about being a sook and a crybaby, it still gets brought up.

Now Goddard spurts a few during an interview and he's "showing some heart"? Random...

He'll get over it once he counts his cash, that's all that matters obviously. in the old days for guys like Barker, Loewe, Harvey etc etc it was worth shedding 200K from your high end market value to stay loyal and play with your mates, but obviously those days are gone. He can't have it both ways though.
Someone is mad.

Goddard had every right to want to be St K's highest paid player. Somebody has to be, and what other choices do they have? Hayes or Riewoldt, so close to the end? Dal Santo, who goes to water every time he is tagged?

Despite the fact Goddard never reached the heights of his 09-10 form in the two years afterwards, he was still within his rights to ask for a four year deal and a reasonable pay packet after showing loyalty to the club throughout his career. Essendon valued him more highly and he made the best decision for his career.

The thing is, St K will probably try to poach a big name player via free agency this year but they won't have any luck unless they open their cheque book. Free agency benefits clubs that are in a premiership window (Saints are not) or have money to burn. Chances are St Kilda will end up spending the $700+ Goddard wanted to lure another player over. Their name has been linked to Dale Thomas a bit and he seems to be exactly what they need.

Tonight hurt alot - for a number of different reasons. However... to see BJ show his raw emotion at the end of the game made me realise - I still love you Brendon! Anyone who has ever taken another job for more money, and then wants to bag BJ is a complete hypocrite!
Also the chance of success.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

BJ Goddard

Remove this Banner Ad

Back