BJ Goddard

Remove this Banner Ad

Based on the same team (Essendon) with 1 addition (Goddard).

Your example was 2 different teams and 2 different players (Morton and Harvey).

They are nothing alike.
Because teams don't improve naturally??? I suppose Ball + Jolly that year was the single best recruiting manoeuvre ever by your logic, possibly only rivalled by Hawthorn picking up Stuart Dew in 2008

He was emotional before he was interviewed FFS. It's not like he was running around rubbing it in the St Kilda players faces, then went oh cameras are here, better turn on the waterworks.

This pretty much proves to me it was a difficult decision for him to leave, and one that he wasn't sure whether to make. Tonight, it simply all boiled over. No doubt he feels guilt about leaving the club, no doubt he was sad about his mates of 10 years losing today, and combine that with all the positive emotions, no wonder it all came out. Add to that it would be pretty taxing to be a new guy at Essendon I think. Oh and the fact that football clubs are places where it's easy to be forthright and upfront with your emotions - bottling it down was always going to come up.

I didn't care for the interview or the tears, why would I, I'm neither an Essendon or St Kilda supporter. But just think people are overlooking what it would be like to leave a club and come to a new one, for the sake of cheapshots.

Stuart Dew actually went a fair way towards them winning that Grand Final.
True - I did think about that as I posted ;)
As did Ball and Jolly help us a lot. My point is that Goddard's performance should be judged by, well... Goddard's performance, not Essendon's. It's like saying Moloney has been a poor pick-up because Brisbane have been losing.
Where is Gary? He's at the Gold Coast playing for a nothing franchise club, one premiership less for doing so and regretting it each and every day of his life.
Yeah, nah

Bloke is a star and watching his post match interveiw when he cryed proved he cares about St kilda still. How does everyone fell about watching him cry even though he took off for so much money?

My respect for him went up 10 fold, what a top bloke he really loved the club. He left because it was the right thing for him and i can see why he did. If he could have you know he would have stayed, but he has to worry about his future and the Don's are ripe for a flag in his contract term.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just saw the footage.
Amazing! Really feel for him.
Least BJ is a player everyone respects, so it's not as gay as it looks.
A second year player on the other hand would need a serious shellacking from the coach.

Bloke really loves his old club and the truth about his move was just shown in that interview.

My respect for him went up 10 fold, what a top bloke he really loved the club. He left because it was the right thing for him and i can see why he did. If he could have you know he would have stayed, but he has to worry about his future and the Don's are ripe for a flag in his contract term.
My thoughts entirely - except... I hope the Dons don't win a flag in his contract term;)

If Goddard loved the club that much he would of stayed.
How could you, Brendan?

BG: (gasps and sobs) They drove a dump truck full of money up to my house. I'm not made of stone!

I'm sorry, he has been good for you, but this is a complete nothing argument. It's like saying Cale Morton is better than Robert Harvey because he has a premiership
Oh absolutely. It's exactly like that. Except the part about Cale Morton having a premiership.
So, it's nothing like that at all.

And what's your excuse for your boys tears today? Oh, that's right, got hit with a ******* huge dose of reality. **** off you troll

Just telling it how it is nancy

I don't blame Saints fans for being bitter but the truth is he would have stayed had they been willing to match Essendon's offer of 4 years even at less pay (a lot less). But the Saints refused to budge on that. Quite simply the club did not want him as much as Essendon did. I think there may have been a bit going on behind the scenes with Watters but in either case what's done is done. Saints got a high draft pick, Essendon got a quality player and from what I can tell a quality person too.

It's not an opinion, it's a ******* stupid comment.
Like the comments you're making in regard to my comment?

Keep up the great posts champ.

:thumbsu:

What do you expect when St Kilda low-balled him?

Saint supporters seem to think loyalty is a one way street. The club has to show loyalty to the players too.

Also length of deal was an issue given age

Not worth what essendon are giving him but they had to give that to entice move

Hasn't got back to 2010 finals form and is being paid like he has

Remove this Banner Ad

BJ Goddard

Remove this Banner Ad

Back