Black Bookers

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
King Kalakaua in at the Bool today carrying 59kg.

I still remember its very impressive maiden Valley win back in October where it recorded one of the best sectionals of the day and looked to be a good thing for the future.

Should be pretty competitive against this lot. Hopefully the weight doesn't impact too much as it looks OK to handle the traditional Warrnambool Heavy 8 track at the moment...though an '8' is probably dry for the 'Bool. :D

Summer Dash from the Chris Waller yard. Did a heap wrong down the straight and didn't get much luck at the turn. Got shuffled back, had to cross heals and didn't see running room, really until the 300m. When it did it let down with a nice burst, then hit the lead at around the 100m and then wanted to lay in on Yaqubi. Bare in mind this was just it's 4th start, over 1800m to win like it did was a very impressive effort. 3 from 4, will be heading to Queensland and is down to run in the QLD Derby, currently $15 on SportingBet.

Also Kanzan, Snowden runner was very unlucky not to beat Graceful Anna. Got caught up early down the straight on the inside, once she got out was very strong to the line, a few more bounds and she would have claimed the winner. Seems to like a bit of give in the ground. Been pipped by a few classy runners of late, Shannara, Happy Hippy, Neeson to name a few. Should break he draught very soon.

Thankgodyou'rehere

4 year old gelding, 4 starts for 2 wins and a second. Easily accounted for a small field at Hawkesbury yesterday in race 5. Came from last at the turn to win by 2 lengths but Rod Quinn didn't use the whip once and eased it to the line once it had the race in the bag. Looks a promising galloper...

This...

Boy was it good first up today. Very very smart. Again Quinn never used the whip, he never actually push it one bit, just sat on it's back. Looked like it was in a trial yet spaced them.

Agree with the above, was amazing.

Jeez Scone today had some good ones, Star of Octagonal and Border Rebel (11 wins from 14!!)....would love to see them in the Spring.

Few Black Bookers from the weekend....Had $5 e/w on Hannabannah at Morphetville yesterday...cant believe it held on against some pretty good nags...

Some very smart gallopers went round at Eagle Farm Saturday Shabana with an inside rails run was very impressive and Honest Truth a former Sydney Galloper did very well to run down Fab Fevola, who is very speedy when going well.

Honest truth going around against Fab Fevola again this weekend...$3.60 fixed atm

I've been backing it (very small wagers) at $100-1 in Group 1s. He is not a bad horse in this kind of field.

PS King Kalakaua won at the bool :)

Didn't see the race but listened to it....would have a good fitness base now and Fab Fevola is very speedy when right and in small fields...will certainly be keeping an eye on Honest Truth

Summer Dash from the Chris Waller yard. Did a heap wrong down the straight and didn't get much luck at the turn. Got shuffled back, had to cross heals and didn't see running room, really until the 300m. When it did it let down with a nice burst, then hit the lead at around the 100m and then wanted to lay in on Yaqubi. Bare in mind this was just it's 4th start, over 1800m to win like it did was a very impressive effort. 3 from 4, will be heading to Queensland and is down to run in the QLD Derby, currently $15 on SportingBet.

Now into $8 for the Queensland Cup...

Starspangledbanner's first race in the UK is on Wednesday night at York. 2nd favourite in a Group II over 1200m.

Finished 5-6th, was carrying 62.5kg, ran on ok, wasn't disgraced.

Metallic Grey - trained by Todd Rawiller at Bendigo, this Snitzel filly was scratched last week and brought to town instead of running on her home track. She had a poor barrier on debut on Saturday and sat last pretty well restrained, then when she got her chance she made some great runs to fly home for 3rd.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

State Grade - Redoutes Choice with Clint McDonald who ran on debut today and should have gone much closer due to traffic issues
Has a nice action and will win soon enough I think

I somehow missed this on the 15th may at Benalla, won and paid $1.60 :D

King Kalakaua in at Sandown at Wednesday.

A mate has a horse in the first at Ballarat tomorrow called Exceed & Excite. Smashed them in a recent trial by 7L and although it looks as if it could be a strong maiden field, he's pretty confident.

Ran well mate will win very soon.

Gunawati debuted for Kav today over 1200. Ran a solid 3rd, is a Galileo so needs more ground. I dunno but I have a feeling this might be a good horse in time.

Metallic Grey - trained by Todd Rawiller at Bendigo, this Snitzel filly was scratched last week and brought to town instead of running on her home track. She had a poor barrier on debut on Saturday and sat last pretty well restrained, then when she got her chance she made some great runs to fly home for 3rd.

Wednesday at Sandown. Also one of my fav winter gallopers Babington returns.

Are you usally pretty reliable Hoff? Thinkin of loadin up tomorrow

Haha, I don't post too many tips on here, but all I can say is I'm as keen on this as anything I have been in the last couple of months, hence why I've mentioned it. I don't post tips on anything I'm not prepared to back well myself.

Won both starts at track and distance. If it's a dead track or thereabouts I'll be having a fair crack.

Flemington Race 7 No 1 Star Scream currently 8.50. Beat Fieldmaster last start. Fieldmaster is 5-1 for the Qld Derby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad