Black Bookers

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rockstardom - Makybe Diva's first foal to the races trained by Danny O'Brien.. Out of Galileo. Race 3 at Geelong tomorrow.

Rockstardom - Makybe Diva's first foal to the races trained by Danny O'Brien.. Out of Galileo. Race 3 at Geelong tomorrow.

Ran a nice race as expected, and finished off well. Is going to love the longer distance. For trivia's sake, ran fourth in its first start, just like mum... We all know how good she was!

Eclair Surprise will be another to follow from this race. 2 lengths last on the bend and gunned home on the inside to score.

Pitt Street will win some races along the way as well.

Chameleon - 3rd in the maiden just ran at Moonee Valley - made up a heap of ground on a track where nothing else has of yet! Looks like a very promising horse.

Races in the last at hawkesbury.

Has been a slightly disappointing horse to date, but has won at a city meet.

i took the $3.80 about him early on in betting - been backed in to $2.80.

Barrier 12 query.

Races in the last at hawkesbury.

Has been a slightly disappointing horse to date, but has won at a city meet.

i took the $3.80 about him early on in betting - been backed in to $2.80.

Barrier 12 query.
Got stuck wide and gave nothing.

Hasn't won for a bout 1.5 years now.

Almost time to put it in the sack book.

One I'm watching on her thousand guineas prep is Crafty Lady, Starcraft filly out of Macedon Lady owned by Arrowfield trained by Symons/Laxon. Dam was a thousand guineas winner herself for Symons.

Solid win at the start of July on the synthetic at Geelong, has had a two month freshen up and runs either tomorrow at Sandown, Thursday at Bendigo or Friday at Geelong (triple nominated/accepted).

I regret not jumping onto this thread earlier and mentioning Parables. It's previous run before last Saturday in Sydney was impressive - last on the turn and flashed home in sizzling secitonals to finish third.

Sydney on Saturday was even better. Stuck back towards the rear, had to take the inferior going on the inside, almost got put through the fence by some other donkey then picked up the bit and sailed past the more than capable Solar Charged to win at $7 or so.

Keep backing it, especially after watching the replay.

Crafty Lady ended up running today at Geelong over 1000 in what was basically a trial for her. Sat three and four wide the trip without cover, jockey dropped the whip in the straight, but still finished less than a length fourth in a pretty pleasing effort.

Trusting ran a super race today. Missed the start by half a length, got way back then ran along the rail, finishing off well to grab third.

Considering the horse is looking for a mile, it's definitely one to watch.

Trusting ran a super race today. Missed the start by half a length, got way back then ran along the rail, finishing off well to grab third.

Considering the horse is looking for a mile, it's definitely one to watch.

:thumbsu: took the $12 ew on sat,this horse is set for a big spring carnival,not sure what races it will contest but i will be on board every time it runs ;)

No trial form to base this around but I'll be following the career of a 4yo first starter tomorrow at Ballarat. I think its the first offspring from a favourite Leon Macdonald trained mare of mine here in SA, Dane Belltar. By Galileo for Robert Hickmott. Has obviously been given time so based on all that I'll be following his career very closely. Its name is Tanby. Have had it blackbooked since it was named as a 2yo!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My main Spring blackbookers are:

Rothesay - returns on Sept 11 in Sydney, will have two runs up there then come down for the Toorak. Think he is this years Rangirangdoo.

Linton - returns over 1400m handicap this weekend at Flemington, Melbourne Cup bound if he qualifies.

Star of Octagonal - returns this weekend I believe, Epsom?

Moudre - you know the story, going to try get in via the Herbert Power I believe.

Trusting - cracking first up run last weekend, Epsom?

Work The Room - keeps being balloted out, needs to sneak in to a good race and win to move up by the looks

Altius - nominated for Flemington this weekend and Derby bound hopefully.

Anacheeva - possibly Derby bound being Headturners brother but a smokey for the Guineas too on last run

Star Witness - I'm on the wagon now - will win all the 3YO sprints, can't wait to see him on the home track Saturday in the Danehill

Fanjura - keeping an eye on him for the Cups

Hay List - possibly our next great sprinter

I have others but they are the main ones I am very keen to look at. Should be some newies popping up in coming weeks also!

Rothesay - returns on Sept 11 in Sydney, will have two runs up there then come down for the Toorak. Think he is this years Rangirangdoo.

Saw his trial today, looked good, won untouched.

Moudre - you know the story, going to try get in via the Herbert Power I believe.

The Naturalism qualifies him for the CC, and i think that's his next start. Does it qualify him for the MC?

Saw his trial today, looked good, won untouched.

The Naturalism qualifies him for the CC, and i think that's his next start. Does it qualify him for the MC?

Rothesay...Think I blackbooked it a while back....You have to rate the wins up north, big fields plenty of pressure and they usually have to cover extra ground...super impressive horse that wins and does it in absolute style...

Trusting is going to explode this year, I agree with you boys.

Heart of Dreams is another one the is often overlooked as the poor orphan of Group 1 racing...ultra consistent over the mile to 2000m....will have worked on from last year and is a monty this weekend in my opinion...a bit like Pompeii Ruler I reckon...

Another too watch out for in weaker races next start is overtake...wasn't 100% last start and ran on as well as anything did all day at the Valley...one to watch.....exciting times lads!;)

Maraaseem $400,000 yearling from the D. Hayes stable, a Redoutes Choice 3yo filly.

Won well today in a fairly moderate maiden at Geelong. After watching the replay seemed to switch off mid race and showed a good turn of foot once in clear galloping room and went on to win.

Is entered into the Thousand Guineas so obviously a fair opinion on this one.

Will keep an eye on it.
Goes around for the first time since it's win last start today, race 4 at Sandown.

Currently at $4.40, I think it should go close.

Crafty Lady ended up running today at Geelong over 1000 in what was basically a trial for her. Sat three and four wide the trip without cover, jockey dropped the whip in the straight, but still finished less than a length fourth in a pretty pleasing effort.

Race 4 today at Sandown, jumps up to 1400 which shouldn't be a problem on breeding, but there are doubts about her on the heavy track.

Coincidentally, in race 4 at Canterbury is Crafty Irna, another by Starcraft out of group 1 winning NZ mare Zirna. She showed a bit of late speed in barrier trials then was impressive at her first start behind Snowden filly Radar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad