Black Diamond AFL - 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will be interesting to see it but. I know there were talks about it at the end of 2001 and it was rejected but it is a way for Gosford to stay in the competition and Woy Woy to get a way back in with their good junior numbers. I would hope in the future they are called something different to Peninsula Tigers. Sounds like a shitty mixture of trying to keep everyone happy. I would prefer it if they went for a new name like the Southern Central Coast somethings or the Brisbane Water Sharks or something like that so to get rid of the Woy Woy vs Gosford mentality that is bound to exist in any merger in any club in any code.

I know Gosford have their 40th year aniversary this year so would be good for the comp and them if they could be competitive and string some good results together.

I hope that after this season or the next one they do as you say dietzy change the name and create a new senior club as a separate entity and have gossy and woy juniors filter into the senior side..as it will get rid of the problems that will no doubt happen throughout the year...
Also Dietz if that happens would u consider coaching that senior side??

I hope that after this season or the next one they do as you say dietzy change the name and create a new senior club as a separate entity and have gossy and woy juniors filter into the senior side..as it will get rid of the problems that will no doubt happen throughout the year...
Also Dietz if that happens would u consider coaching that senior side??

Short answer is no. Not allowed to with work anymore and I dont think many people from the Gosford side of the club would want me to have anything to do with them.

If its a new club and I was involved Id be scouring every decent league in Australia to find a player-coach who is still handy enough to run around and possibly bring in a few players through reputation and from his area to move up with him.

Would need to find a few resources be it through employment, accomodation or cash incentives, but bringing a good coach in from a good league can provide some positive media, rejuvinate players, attract some new players and assist in developing a positive environment where players want to come and play, and juniors want to play their footy, rather than just hoping the existing players can find something they havent shown over a long period of time.

Thanks for the info Deitzy, I know the Walfords were offered to play back at the Dockers (Balmain) last year, and with Free going to Wests and now yr brother and co heading up the Bay, it looks like a lean year ahead for Gossy.
Alot of the other clearances are to Woy so this year they a chance to still play there anyway!

I spoke with Brad (wyg pres) the other nite re: coaches moving on and it was for family issues so thats fair enough.

I also believe to be a long term merger option (if thats what they want) they should create a new entity to take away any hostility and hope to bring new ppl in!
looking to the future of the comp it would be more viable to have 1 club there with juniors filtering into 2 competitive teams.

Speaking of clearances,ins and outs etc I'll give my thoughts on the year so far with what we've got. Up Down or Stable anyone welcome to add info, disagree etc

Cardiff-Stable always lose a couple and gain some and always a top 2! Unfortunately have choked in finals past couple of seasons.
City-Stable same as above gain/lose but top 2, have managed to get it right at business end last couple.
Warners-Up Dont want undue pressure Deitzy, but have always had the toughness and ability, sometimes not weel behaved on field with silly free's have got that out of their game and should be a big chance to sneak a top 2/gf birth and once there anything can happen!! With their ins already have a couple from Gossy,couple of good boys from the north coast, they will be the team (if any are) to upset the Card/City monopoly.

Terr-stable as long as the Gong and Darling are there they have enough firepower to overcome the teams below them,as for improving they prob need a couple ins altho they did very well a year or 2 ago (1st) couldnt keep it up in finals mode!
KV-Down White will prob go down as 1 of their all time best with likes of Harrison etc and who knows with his temper, or he may choose to come back this year, if not they really need some ins or the likes of Singo (maybe) may be a struggle for them! ps has Bubbles not played since kv as he on clearances??

Singo-Up , well up a grade anyway, they have momentum which may get them above the likes of wyg,gos and mac. They need a few ins to really challenge a KV or Terr.
Wyg-Stable no real ins or outs yet, ppl there always put in they just need more of them!
Mac-Stable but who knows? same as wyg, have name change but lost 1 player gained 1 so far. Singo V Mac trial coming up so may see how far the Roosters have improved before they hit rd 1 brick wall (cardiff).
Gos-Down hate to say it because we like even comp but merger 5 years too late should of joined in 06 with Woy in 2's finals, waited till in 'had' to be done and there is a carcus left!! Woy as a stand alone will do ok in 2's byt looking at the outs they may be asked/forced to play 1's as well!!!

Any word out of the trials matches over the weekend?
Had a big weekend otherwise would of likes to see how the Singo/Mac game went. The dogs got smacked its on the bd site, and they apparently playing Wyong this weekend.

I like the idea of playing teams outside this league (challenge,variety etc) I just dont see the point when your team is obviously too strong or weak for your opponents!!

Hopefully someone on here will let us know results,scores, new players etc

singo/dockers U18s were ordinary ... seniors were not much better
cardiff had some youngsters and couple of new faces ... some good footy played that i saw
should be interesting with balmain and cardiff this sat
clearances look interesting on bdafl site ... movement at gosford (outs) and city (ins) with some youngsters on the move as well ... barty, lechleitner, gillingham, dawes all at new clubs

Any news from praccy games?
When do the junior comps (newcastle,coast) draws come out? The comp will surely start soon!! Heard that Knox grammer (school?) is putting a team in the coast comp? Why wouldnt they play in Sydney? Maybe they have more than 1 team, just seems a bit strange!!

Was tuning into 2HD yesterday morning and heard Richard King talking about a big day the Dockers are having tomorrow at Teralba

Great to see the BDAFL Website is keeping us informed about where footy is taking place this weekend! with absolutely no mention of this day at Teralba tomorrow. However the Sydney AFL website features it as its latest news story.

Had to chase up the info from the clubs facebook page. In case any of you are interested here is a link to the interview on 2HD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-p1lHQbLIaI

Sounds like its going to be a good day of footy, obviously not the highest of standards or strongest of teams due to it only being a practice match, but should still draw a good crowd.

On another note, with the start of the NEAFL next weekend, any thoughts of the possibility of getting a Newcastle team involved or even one of our strongest clubs??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unfortunately this region is a way off having the organisation and depth to field a competitive side in NEAFL. Would need half a dozen clubs along the lines of City and Cardiff in the comp plus some decent sponsors one would imagine to crack it into that league.

...still tomorrow is a good step in the right direction, lets hope that Lake Mac can continue to grow their club and hold onto their juniors.

Good to see the bdafl is trying to foster growth of our talented younger players with an under 18's and under 23's rep squad, all clubs reps so far altho there are 80 plus players listed!!

The league seem concerned about the 18's grade, I know that Singo are gone! and I guess there are at least a couple of other cjubs that may struggle for numbers.

My solution send this grade back to Coast and a Newcastle grade and the numbers will improve ( both players and clubs) the better players will still play in 1's anyway!!

Good to see the bdafl is trying to foster growth of our talented younger players with an under 18's and under 23's rep squad, all clubs reps so far altho there are 80 plus players listed!!

The league seem concerned about the 18's grade, I know that Singo are gone! and I guess there are at least a couple of other cjubs that may struggle for numbers.

My solution send this grade back to Coast and a Newcastle grade and the numbers will improve ( both players and clubs) the better players will still play in 1's anyway!!

What about the clubs actually do something to recruit? I havent seen anything in a newspaper or shopping centre down my way on the coast for even junior football. Why not put banners or street signs up. Offer cheap rego etc. They do that in Melbourne and Sydney!

What do clubs do for recruiting 18s? They all seem to want to go for senior players but neglect this age. Going to separate comps isnt the answer Noodles. Clubs getting off their backsides and doing what they can to get players in this age group is.

Unfortunately this region is a way off having the organisation and depth to field a competitive side in NEAFL. Would need half a dozen clubs along the lines of City and Cardiff in the comp plus some decent sponsors one would imagine to crack it into that league.

...still tomorrow is a good step in the right direction, lets hope that Lake Mac can continue to grow their club and hold onto their juniors.

===

WRONG, THE BEST 22 FROM NEW,CC,NC PLUS A FEW OTHERS WOULD COMPETE WELL AND WHY IS TOMORROW A GOOD STEP, NO NEW PLAYERS, NO NEW COACHES, AND WILL ONLY COAX PLAYERS AWAY FROM LAKE MAC AND BDAFL TO BALMAIN :confused::confused::confused:

Noodles so just the 18's go to ccafl and nafl but 2's and 1st remain the same?

Yes mate I think that would leave the 1's and 2's to continue playing in a combined comp, but allign the 18's grade with the juniors.

Its a hard age group with HSC,work,women and alcohol to deal with, I thimk we have a better chance of keeping more of them if they dont have to travel as far (esp after a nite out!) and they stay with their junior mates at the same club, rather than have to transfer or choose who to play for.

This would mean on the coast having Batto and Sara continuing on from 16's with 18's teams. We have 8 16's teams but onlt 10 18's combind with Newwy not good enough!!!

Correction now only 9 18's teams combined as Singo are gone!!

What about the clubs actually do something to recruit? I havent seen anything in a newspaper or shopping centre down my way on the coast for even junior football. Why not put banners or street signs up. Offer cheap rego etc. They do that in Melbourne and Sydney!

What do clubs do for recruiting 18s? They all seem to want to go for senior players but neglect this age. Going to separate comps isnt the answer Noodles. Clubs getting off their backsides and doing what they can to get players in this age group is.

Mate I agree 100% regarding clubs needing to do more to help retain/recruit for this age esp but also for the seniors.

I just remember when I was goin into that grade, and your non-commital, not 100% blokes (in that grade it can be up to 50% of them) just wont travel to Newcastle and def not the bay or singo where as at least you got a chance of keeping them if its still local!!

I was in the coast when it was 17's and the next year it was 18's and combined!! The amount of blokes that dropped off was huge!! Im not saying its the only or even the best solution Im just saying they need to try something cos at the moment this grade is struggling at best!!

Yes mate I think that would leave the 1's and 2's to continue playing in a combined comp, but allign the 18's grade with the juniors.

Its a hard age group with HSC,work,women and alcohol to deal with, I thimk we have a better chance of keeping more of them if they dont have to travel as far (esp after a nite out!) and they stay with their junior mates at the same club, rather than have to transfer or choose who to play for.

This would mean on the coast having Batto and Sara continuing on from 16's with 18's teams. We have 8 16's teams but onlt 10 18's combind with Newwy not good enough!!!

We have the same issue in QLD mate i remember playign 18s and i was the only bloke who wasnt hung over come sunday because I was too tired on saturday night after playing ressies. I think Friday night games or Saturday midday games is the best way to combat blokes who wanna go out and drink up. Get footy out of the way. But also travel isnt a big issue... I havent played ont eh coast since i was 13 so not sure what it is like down there now but when i left the youth comps were always teh same teams in the same order and we lost players that way for instance i was playign for Woy Woy and we came third every year and Gosford and Terrigal duked it out for top spot every year so alot of guys left to go play for Gosford.

I am hoping to get back down this year to check out a few teams as i am planning on moving back at some stage.

Perhaps another way to go also is if blokes want to play under 18's footy you get a couple of Coast sides and a couple of Newcastle sides and play in sydney. Make the boys work to make the top 44 in Central NSW and i bet you get better results.

It could possibly work maybe even conference it north v south then combine top two teams for bdafl 18's final so say north 1st place v south 1st place then north 2nd v south 2nd.. And do the finals that way

We have the same issue in QLD mate i remember playign 18s and i was the only bloke who wasnt hung over come sunday because I was too tired on saturday night after playing ressies. I think Friday night games or Saturday midday games is the best way to combat blokes who wanna go out and drink up. Get footy out of the way. But also travel isnt a big issue... I havent played ont eh coast since i was 13 so not sure what it is like down there now but when i left the youth comps were always teh same teams in the same order and we lost players that way for instance i was playign for Woy Woy and we came third every year and Gosford and Terrigal duked it out for top spot every year so alot of guys left to go play for Gosford.

I am hoping to get back down this year to check out a few teams as i am planning on moving back at some stage.

Perhaps another way to go also is if blokes want to play under 18's footy you get a couple of Coast sides and a couple of Newcastle sides and play in sydney. Make the boys work to make the top 44 in Central NSW and i bet you get better results.

Always good to have some new posters on here, what year did you finish up playin on the coast? We now combine our 1's, 2's and 18's grades with Newcastle comp and have separate juniors.
The smaller guys 10's,12's,14's play on Sat, as opposed to when I played on Sundays and the 16's is a Fri nite comp, so maybe it could be an option to try and change the 18's times/day.
The 16's on the coast now has Terr,Gossy,Woy,KV,Wyg,Batto,Niagra park and Saratoga (the last 2 were not even clubs when i was playin!) so its changed a fair bit!!!

Around 10 years ago we put in a combined rep team (hunters) into the sydney comp and they did well (minor premiers) but unfortunatly it died in the ass as the commitment dropped!!
I think the 1 thing all ppl want is to have a viable, sustainable comp which has the potential to grow, and at the moment its stable (just!)

It could possibly work maybe even conference it north v south then combine top two teams for bdafl 18's final so say north 1st place v south 1st place then north 2nd v south 2nd.. And do the finals that way

If we made this grade a Coast and a Newwy separate comp, I see no reason why we couldnt have a combined finals series, or even seperate one's and then a 'superbowl' one, nothing breeds growth(players and clubs) like success!!
If most or ideally 'all' clubs see some finals action in at least 1 grade it can only be a good thing!!
Im not going to bag the blokes running the show but can they at least try some things they may or may not work, but hey at least you would know!!
Doing nothing will never fix anything, they tried combining the 16's a while back and it didnt work so why not try seperating the 18's and see if it helps, if it doesnt they can always change back!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back