Black Diamond AFL - 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Singleton v Terrigal is OFF today. Killarney Vale games are now at Bateau Bay pushed back by one hour each. Not sure of other games.

Thanks for the info Borgy,anyone in our comp would know that a bloke takin a leak is enough to close their ground!! Not good enough, they need to find money for better drainage (esp the grounds that hold the water!).
Pity the BD site isnt as quick to inform ppl if games on or off!!
I was gonna head out to KV, but think the pub might be the better option, dont fancy standing out in the rain!!

Thanks for the info Borgy,anyone in our comp would know that a bloke takin a leak is enough to close their ground!! Not good enough, they need to find money for better drainage (esp the grounds that hold the water!).
Pity the BD site isnt as quick to inform ppl if games on or off!!
I was gonna head out to KV, but think the pub might be the better option, dont fancy standing out in the rain!!

Cheers Noodles, only found out via text and one of my mates out at KV who was involved in Under 18's.

Had the game been up here, we most likely would have had it as our councils aren't as quick to close grounds. Our ground probably appreciated the drink!

Anyone heard anything about today's games ? I am thinking especially of the KV Vs Terrigal game at Adelaide street (I know we have had lots of rain up here, not sure of down the coast)

Gosford have forfeited after the first grade game with Cardiff was moved to Nelson Bay.

Was it a forfeit,or are they going to play it another weekend?
Cardiff would want the % against the spoon favourites,did Gossy knock back the chance to play due to travel, or no numbers due to the 2's not playing?

The top grade looks to be going to plan after the 1st few rounds with the usual suspects at their repective ends of the table.
Cardiff,City going strong with Warners and Terr just a little behind at this stage, with improvement anything can happen! Very impressed with KV, losing the best all round player I thought they would of fell away, but have competed well with Terr and the Bay,if they keep dev their young players will be hard to beat in a year or so

Nelsons are still my pick for 2's,the only team without 1's so they should be up there! The weekends loss to Warners (who had not 1 a game) highlights the diff between the grades with the Dogs playing half a dozen 1's players and getting the job done. Hopefully the Bay can continue to improve and use the experience to better themselves before next year.

Nelsons 18's are top right now after beating the other teams who will prob be there (exp Cardiff) but I think right now the Bay has the momentum and good coach to maybe do the unthinkable and win this grade!! Cardiff have won nearly every year and when they didnt it was City.

Does anyone know the last non Cardiff/City team to win this grade??
I know Wyong won the 18's/2nd grade double in 2003 and lots of others have made it to the GF KV,Terr to name a few. Would prob be good for the comp if a diff team were to win it and hopefully retain the players to build their senior list!

Was it a forfeit,or are they going to play it another weekend?
Cardiff would want the % against the spoon favourites,did Gossy knock back the chance to play due to travel, or no numbers due to the 2's not playing?

G'day everyone. This is Shayne McKenzie, the new Football Operations Manager (that's what they now call the position formerly known as General Manager to align with other AFL regions) for the Black Diamond AFL.

It was not a forfeit. It is a washout that will be scheduled to be played at a later date (date not confirmed yet).

G'day everyone. This is Shayne McKenzie, the new Football Operations Manager (that's what they now call the position formerly known as General Manager to align with other AFL regions) for the Black Diamond AFL.

It was not a forfeit. It is a washout that will be scheduled to be played at a later date (date not confirmed yet).

Welcome to big footy mate, it can only be a good thing to have ppl involved in the running of our comp having input into forums, and taking note of any ideas which may flow through here.

A lot of the other forums have umpies,board members etc and it is good to sometimes get an answer from the top, rather than here say.

Hi Shayne welcome to the forum. It is great to see the Black Diamond improving. Just a question. If the game was a washout why was it advertised on the Black Diamond website that it had been transferred to Nelson Bay, and the Nelson Bay vs Warners Bay games completed there without the first grade game being on? Will this game and the Singleton vs Terrigal games both be replayed?

Did anyone see the conditions at Adelaide Street Oval on Saturday? I was led to believe that it was a mudpile! Good to see footy going ahead despite the weather in 2011.

Hi Shayne welcome to the forum. It is great to see the Black Diamond improving. Just a question. If the game was a washout why was it advertised on the Black Diamond website that it had been transferred to Nelson Bay, and the Nelson Bay vs Warners Bay games completed there without the first grade game being on? Will this game and the Singleton vs Terrigal games both be replayed?

Did anyone see the conditions at Adelaide Street Oval on Saturday? I was led to believe that it was a mudpile! Good to see footy going ahead despite the weather in 2011.

If you have a look on page 7 of this forum, Dave Farris has a link to some photos he took at that game.

From the pictures, it would appear you are correct. A mudpile. Hope this helps.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

has there been any word on how the 23's team is looking, i have heard the numbers to training have been struggling.

I have some photos of the City V Cardiff game up on my webpage. Check out
http://dsfphotography.com.au/2011_BDAFL.htm
and then click on the link for round 5

Looks good thanks Dave.

Wow, am down here for the weekend and thought I'd catch a game - went to NC v KV. What a match, KV kicked the first 2 straight goals and then bang - nothing. City controlled the game and KV had no answer.
Good to see so many youngsters playing for both teams - Monk,Avis & Bailey for NC and Mumford, Higgins & Castelnuovo for KV.

There will be some massive scorelines this weekend Cardiff, city, warners and wyong to all win by 150+
There will be some big wins this weekend mate, but the Wyg V Gossy game is next weekend!

Might head down to KV and see if they can lift after last week, watched Singo last week and considering they were missing their best players, they prob outplayed Wyg for most of the game but their finishing let them down and they got run over at the end!!

I think Lake Mac are doing ok they just need to be consistent, they play 1 or 2 good quarters and drop in the other 2 (a bit like gold coast), I see they have got 4 players clearing from the Dockers (balmain) would ge good for them and the comp if there is some talent there!!!

Speaking of talent there are a few ex BDAFL boys in the sydney rep squads Jones from Singo area, Barret from Gossy and Manley from Wyg, wish the boys best of luck and they are always welcome back!:D

Went to the Killarney Vale V Cardiff game on Saturday. I KV actually played a little better than the score showed (they certainly didnt seem as outclassed as Gosford were againts Warners Bay the week before), but it just reinforces my opinion that there are only 2 teams with any chance of making the GF

Go to

and click on round 7, if you want to see the pics

Went to the Killarney Vale V Cardiff game on Saturday. I KV actually played a little better than the score showed (they certainly didnt seem as outclassed as Gosford were againts Warners Bay the week before), but it just reinforces my opinion that there are only 2 teams with any chance of making the GF

Go to

and click on round 7, if you want to see the pics
Great pic mate, and it is a given that they will play off in the gf.
The only chance Terr,Warners or KV have is if they make the finals and Cardiff or City get hit with 'the flu' or something similiar, and half their team are out!!!

Awesome report in the Herald about AFL with a 1.4 mil plan to develop No.1 Sportsground. Great news for AFL in the region.
Just read the article, great for the region!!! Increase the size of the playing field,better lighting,ammenities and drainage.Electronic scoreboard and safety netting.Hopfully can only increase the chances of higher levels of afl being played here!!

Also saw that Warners is getting second (full size?)field, great to hear things like this as opposed to grounds lost to our code etc

anyone know how the rep squad is shaping up, not much on the website, would be good to know the teams then decide whether to stay and watch. city still running the show?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back