Black Diamond AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will be interesting to watch the WB V Cardiff match. With the Bay having 6 players unavailable (due to BDAFL imposed suspensions - oh what a preso night), we probably aren't going to see the real WB until Round 7 when ALL players are available. WB have half their Senior side under 23 yrs old.

I watch with interest to see how many of NC youngsters (16 - 18 old) make their debut in the rd 1 fixture. People may get a shock, some of these kids can play footy.

As Swans said, Gosford need to put up this year, with the guaranteed good night sleep prior to each match (thanks Hilton) the time of talking may well and truly be over.

hi all. This is coming from an ex Gosford player (stopped playing in 97). They will have to do better than they have been in the past 10 years. It was a struggling club when I was there and from what I have heard, still is. Hope they do well this year and get some form of decent playing list and give the comp a shake up. I dont get to see any games cause im in Melbourne but do hear from my dad(anybody remember OLD KEV running around in reserves between 94 -97????) GO TIGERS IN 08.

!!!news Flash!!!

Ian Granland OAM Receives New Medal

Current Killarney Vale and former BDAFL president, Ian Granland is receiving an update to his OAM (Order of Australia Medal). Under provisions set out by Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, Mr Granland will be upgraded to an OKV (Order of Killarney Vale Medal). The OKV has been created by the Crown to recognise excellence in general biasness and services toward the Killarney Vale football club. A statement released by the Buckingham Palace said “It is with great honour that I award the Order of Killarney Vale Medal to Mr Ian Granland in recognition of his selfless attitude in putting forward the interests of the Killarney Vale Football Club before those of the Black Diamond Australian Football League whilst President. May you also be applauded for tireless effort in promoting extreme biasness towards the Killarney Vale Football Club and CentralCoast football in general.”

It is believed that Mr Granland was to be presented personally with the OVK by Prince Charles later this month; however a dispute by Granland over venue has caused the Award Ceremony to be scrapped. Sources close to Mr Granland OKV have said that he was unhappy that it was to be staged at the BDAFL official sponsor, the Swansea RSL. Mr Granland OVK refused to attend unless the ceremony was moved to the Mingara Club.

Re News Reel articles

On behalf of the people of afar we would like to thank you for these important news updates.

Its hard to keep up with the important storys being this far away.

Keep up the good work

News Reel, How up to date are you going to be after moving to Parkes?

Better employ a ghost writer for your column.

". With the Bay having 6 players unavailable (due to BDAFL imposed suspensions - oh what a preso night), we probably aren't going to see the real WB until Round 7 when ALL players are available.'

Monk are you saying that 6 players have been suspended for 6 weeks for agreed poor and unaceptale behaviour at a function?
The tribunal website has no mention of it. Are you sure there not suspended sentances- it would be pretty harsh considering some of the displays some club officials have got away with over the years
I would have thought the league would have fined/admonished the Club and the Club to hand out appropriate discipline.

". With the Bay having 6 players unavailable (due to BDAFL imposed suspensions - oh what a preso night), we probably aren't going to see the real WB until Round 7 when ALL players are available.'

Monk are you saying that 6 players have been suspended for 6 weeks for agreed poor and unaceptale behaviour at a function?
The tribunal website has no mention of it. Are you sure there not suspended sentances- it would be pretty harsh considering some of the displays some club officials have got away with over the years
I would have thought the league would have fined/admonished the Club and the Club to hand out appropriate discipline.

Not all six have been suspended for 6 weeks, Some received 1 week, 2 weeks and one player received 6 weeks. I don't believe it was a club imposed suspension. From what I believe, the suspension were imposed by the league, perhaps someone can confirm this.

Can confirm that 6 guys are suspended by the BDAFL from the aftermath of the presentation night. 4 have received 2 weeks, 1 guy 4 weeks, and another player copped 6 weeks. I heard there may have been a financial penalty as well for the club but not 100% on this.
I wasn't at the night so I am in no position to comment on their behaviour there. I know they were all heavily intoxicated, but I think its pretty harsh to put match suspensions on the guys, especially as the venue saw fit to continue serving them alcohol for the majority of the night. I have heard the league has changed the night to the Wednesday after the major semi as well, so nobody will be on a Mad Monday there anymore, which I wonder if the league ever actually considered?

Can confirm that 6 guys are suspended by the BDAFL from the aftermath of the presentation night. 4 have received 2 weeks, 1 guy 4 weeks, and another player copped 6 weeks. I heard there may have been a financial penalty as well for the club but not 100% on this.

6 weeks- he must have spoken during the presidents address
Really the question is why wasnt a ground manager in a flouro vest on the spot- that would have stopped anyone from misbehaving

Good point 2cents. Maybe the Goal Defence could could have interceptered the Wing Attack before they have the chance to beat the Goal Keeper. ........................... Damn, sorry about that I was thinking about that other great BDAFL game.:eek:

enough of the s*it talk......its 1 week until rd1 so obviously all teams have finished there pre season games and no wat there best side is poised to look like. so lets get some news on how clubs are lookin n how there new recruits have gone over pre season n how much effect ppl feel they will have on the comp?im sure there will still be a flurish of clearances to come in the next week 2.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agreed, enough of the talk, its time for business. It promises to be a great day next Saturday with everyone getting the chance to see who has picked up and lost and how teams perform at the Black Diamond level.
Bit of a quick ladder prediction
1. Cardiff
2. Warners Bay
3. City
4. Terrigal
5. Killarney Vale
6. Wyong
7. Gosford
8. Nelson Bay
9. Lake Macquarie

Word is Cardiff look the team to beat with their recruits, Warners have apparently had a good pre-season and can this be their year? City seem to be there or there abouts, lost a couple of quality players so rank them a bit lower as I dont know anything on who theyve picked up. Terrigal to improve to a top 4 side, best defence in the competition and picked up a few quality players, as well as great training numbers. Killarney got under the guard last year I guess so will be interesting to see how they go being the hunted this year. Wyong have apparently been training the house down and could cause some upsets, Gosford were disappointing last year and have lost a couple of important players, Nelson Bay and the Crows will struggle.

Tips for round 1.
Wyong vs Nelson Bay- Wyong by 48
Terrigal vs Gosford- Terrigal by 23
Cardiff vs Warners- Cardiff by 14
City vs Killarney- City by 6

Yeah no doubt Cardiff and Warners are the teams to beat.

Although Wyong may be fit, i still dont think they have the cattle to do too much damage. Gosford have some interesting recruits, so they are a big unknown.

It will also be interesting to see how City's young brigade perform and no doubt they will be the key to City's chances of success.

Killarney Vale and Terrigal are real unkowns at this stage.

Round 1:

City by 34
Cardiff by 48
Terrigal by 26
Nelson Bay by 17

Did anyone see the article Wyong Lakes has in the Express Advocate this week? Things look promising over there looks like they could be in for a good year this year

Talking about articles. It is great to see so much in the media about Craig Bird's (former Nelson Bay player) debut for the Swans... pity it wasn't tomorrorows paper. Don't no how many people are buying papers today.....................

Link to Newcastle Herald Article:
http://www.sportingpulse.com/club_i...rlins&client=@Black Diamond AFL@916@@@@@@4@@@

Or via the BDAFL website -> lick on Marlins..
http://www.bdafl.com.au

Yeah at last years preso the Pups bagged out the president and some guy from the A.F.L who was speaking at the night. Pretty funny if you ask me but even more funny was that they got whacked with some suspensions.

My attempt at a ladder
1. Warners Bay- Will probably be a bit behind the 8 ball early with the guys out, but have plenty of potential and have had a massive pre-season. Plenty of depth and blokes are fitter than ever, got a few good recruits so we'll see how it pans out.
2. Cardiff- Been the benchmark over a long period and have recruited well, Ryan gives them a 100 goal a year player, added with Woldies form from last year and the recruitment of a big ruckman, they will have plenty of firepower. Just a matter of getting everyone pulling in the same direction and they will be a major threat
3. City- Have lost height, which might not be such a bad thing for them. Have plenty of young talent and a number of pretty good recruits that will get an opportunity, so they might slip back a spot this year. Look out in 2 or 3 years but if this isnt their year.
4. Killarney- Last years premiers have lost a few, but didnt they have plenty step up to the plate last season. Expect that improvement to continue from a few, but the loss of Ireland and ive heard Page might be gone as well, could make scoring difficult for them. Not sure what they have picked up, so have them in the 4 but they could be anywhere form 1-5 in my opinion
5. Wyong- My tip for the smokey of the competition. Not the greatest side on paper, but they have a crack and are apparently getting a flogging on the training track. The positive from their view is that the blokes are turning up in numbers and seem to be switched on and ready to play. Caused a big upset knocking off the Dogs last year and look for some other results like this this year, despite Moloney reportedly moving on
6. Terrigal- One of the tightest defences in the comp, but I dont know where they will kick a winning score from this year. Maybe Spoonman in the forward line??? Bishop will bring plenty to the side on and off the field, and if the guys they have recruited are as good as what they usually seem to bring in, should win their fair share of matches.
7. Gosford- I'll probably cop a bit for predicting them to finish here, but they've lost probably their most important player (Monk), and the majority of their defence from last season. They'll have no problems with blokes covering my spot, Scotty Lester should do that easily, but O'Shea, Street and Monk are difficult to replace. Have picked up some from Woy Woy, and 1 from the O&M, but the jury is out, especially on the blokes whove been around for around 50 games now. Their best 22 is good, but when they get a few injuries will struggle IMHO.
8. Nelson Bay- Reports are the Bay are getting good numbers and look to be on the improve. Will struggle again but if they can win 3 games and maintain the core of the playing list will have done well. A couple of young blokes there might make an impact this year
9. Lake Macquarie- Unknown quantity and their results will give a proper indication of the gap between senior footy and 2s footy. Havent had any transfers lodged as yet so alot will probably rest on the shoulders of M. Hodge. Where do they play him? Is it on ball, or do they take the punt and play him forward again???
TIPS FOR RD 1
Wyong vs Nelson Bay- Wyong by 35
Gosford vs Terrigal- Terrigal by 8
Warners Bay vs Cardiff- Warners by 12
City vs Killarney- Toss of the coin but City by 6

In the netball.... Does anyone give a toss????? I'm sure the carnival between 2 and 5.30 will be greatly anticipated.

My attempt at a ladder
1. Warners Bay- Will probably be a bit behind the 8 ball early with the guys out, but have plenty of potential and have had a massive pre-season. Plenty of depth and blokes are fitter than ever, got a few good recruits so we'll see how it pans out.
2. Cardiff- Been the benchmark over a long period and have recruited well, Ryan gives them a 100 goal a year player, added with Woldies form from last year and the recruitment of a big ruckman, they will have plenty of firepower. Just a matter of getting everyone pulling in the same direction and they will be a major threat
3. City- Have lost height, which might not be such a bad thing for them. Have plenty of young talent and a number of pretty good recruits that will get an opportunity, so they might slip back a spot this year. Look out in 2 or 3 years but if this isnt their year.
4. Killarney- Last years premiers have lost a few, but didnt they have plenty step up to the plate last season. Expect that improvement to continue from a few, but the loss of Ireland and ive heard Page might be gone as well, could make scoring difficult for them. Not sure what they have picked up, so have them in the 4 but they could be anywhere form 1-5 in my opinion
5. Wyong- My tip for the smokey of the competition. Not the greatest side on paper, but they have a crack and are apparently getting a flogging on the training track. The positive from their view is that the blokes are turning up in numbers and seem to be switched on and ready to play. Caused a big upset knocking off the Dogs last year and look for some other results like this this year, despite Moloney reportedly moving on
6. Terrigal- One of the tightest defences in the comp, but I dont know where they will kick a winning score from this year. Maybe Spoonman in the forward line??? Bishop will bring plenty to the side on and off the field, and if the guys they have recruited are as good as what they usually seem to bring in, should win their fair share of matches.
7. Gosford- I'll probably cop a bit for predicting them to finish here, but they've lost probably their most important player (Monk), and the majority of their defence from last season. They'll have no problems with blokes covering my spot, Scotty Lester should do that easily, but O'Shea, Street and Monk are difficult to replace. Have picked up some from Woy Woy, and 1 from the O&M, but the jury is out, especially on the blokes whove been around for around 50 games now. Their best 22 is good, but when they get a few injuries will struggle IMHO.
8. Nelson Bay- Reports are the Bay are getting good numbers and look to be on the improve. Will struggle again but if they can win 3 games and maintain the core of the playing list will have done well. A couple of young blokes there might make an impact this year
9. Lake Macquarie- Unknown quantity and their results will give a proper indication of the gap between senior footy and 2s footy. Havent had any transfers lodged as yet so alot will probably rest on the shoulders of M. Hodge. Where do they play him? Is it on ball, or do they take the punt and play him forward again???
TIPS FOR RD 1

In the netball.... Does anyone give a toss????? I'm sure the carnival between 2 and 5.30 will be greatly anticipated.
if warners bay finish top of the ladder i will eat my computer

deitzy
Re: Black Diamond AFL

My attempt at a ladder
TIPS FOR RD 1

In the netball.... Does anyone give a toss????? I'm sure the carnival between 2 and 5.30 will be greatly anticipated

Deitzy, you wouldnt happen to be tipping the Bay to finish top because you are playing for them now?????? Have you been taking lessons of the former league president in biasness!!!

Can someone tell me who is exactly responsible for the clubs of Singleton and Woy Woy folding????

Does the blame fall back on the individual clubs or does the blame lye back on the BDAFL its self.

Maybe if the league was less concerned with handing out suspensions for bad behaviour and more concerned with the states of affairs of the remaining clubs within the BDAFL. Then maybe some of trouble could of been avoided in the first place.

Maybe we can leave some of this trumoil behind us and enjoy a good solid round of AFL.

As far as I'm aware Woy Woy were never, ever going to be in a position to field all 3 grades this year. Their under 18s were a totally non-competitive side and their reserve grade was made up of around 20 players. They needed to get 50 more players to their club to have a chance. Admittedly they were keen and thought they could do it, however in my opinion the BDAFL should have bitten the bullet years ago when they couldnt field a side, and not readmitted them until they were capable of fielding 3 grades.
Singleton, I believe could have continued in the competition but shot themselves in the foot. They had the opportunity, but from what I hear a few people involved decided to do things differently to what the BDAFL and the club originally had planned, things went downhill and the club went into oblivion.
The only concerns I have now are- Reading the BDAFL website, it states that the current clubs will have to make up the money lost through the affiliation fees, as well as losing 1 home game for the season. From my past involvement on a club committee, I'd say clubs would be looking to find an extra $1000 minimum to make up the shortfall, as well as losing anywhere from $500-$1500 for not having a home game. A pretty significant amount of money in my opinion.
Also the situation in the 2s and 18s competitions with the byes. Apart from 2 weeks, there are 2 clubs with a bye. In my opinion this is not good enough. Surely the league could have re-done the draw so as the clubs get a game every week, especially at 18s level. Having coached that age group, it makes it very hard to keep kids when they are playing 1 week then having a couple off, then playing a couple in a row, then another week off. It probably is easier though for the person making the draw to type "BYE" in the spot of the club that has been removed from the competition instead of trying to do the right thing by players who pay good money to have a kick on a Saturday.

Well said Deitz,

"But remember common sense is hard to find" LoL

Deitz what is your view of the clubs having to provide their own umpires for u18s and ressies??

And what responsibility should the BDAFL having for failing to market and recruit more umpirers???

Can someone tell me who is exactly responsible for the clubs of Singleton and Woy Woy folding????

Does the blame fall back on the individual clubs or does the blame lye back on the BDAFL its self.

Maybe if the league was less concerned with handing out suspensions for bad behaviour and more concerned with the states of affairs of the remaining clubs within the BDAFL. Then maybe some of trouble could of been avoided in the first place.

Maybe we can leave some of this trumoil behind us and enjoy a good solid round of AFL.
sorry i might have missed it but what did the blokes do from warner to get weeks from the league
if someone could fill me in that would be great

sorry i might have missed it but what did the blokes do from warner to get weeks from the league
if someone could fill me in that would be great

Scroll up above I am sure the details are up there somewhere. But pretty much they just had a bit to much to drunk and were a bit loud and disrespective towards some people from the league.

I personally wasn't at the night so can not say how loud the players or even what words even said.But Chris Gordon was the WB player hard hit with 6 weeks for his spray on the league officals that night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back