R/UP: City/Cardiff
Smokey: Wyong
Spoon: Nelson Bay
Disappointment Warners Bay
League Medal: Sheldon
GoalKicker: Knight
Recruit: Percy if he gets here
Headline: Done and dusted, City Counts a Mistaken Win

where bouts is brad percy playin in the bdafl this yr?i see he is a new rego to killarney vale but this wouldnt make sense as i would of thought it would have to be a transfer.

He was playing for Tahs in NTFL, but NTFL seems to be weird with how they get players transferring in.

Take a player like Jarrod Illett from Belconnen in the ACTAFL. He doesn't come in on any tranfers when he finishs his season @ Belco to play with St Marys. There league is weird I don't really understand it. But another player in the SFL Troy Parker has to get cleared from Southern Districts to play for Balmain. SO beats me how this works.One possible as Brad has played in the league b4 maybe thats why he only has to do that new regostration thing.

Deitzy you seem to have some solid BDAFL knowledge how come Brad Percy can come in on a transfer like this ?

Anyone know if Dylan Tredgret is still getting around for KV ?

As far as I'm aware, after speaking to Gordo tonight, his suspension will carry over to about round 5 in the Sydney comp. St George have made him a good offer, he hasnt made up his mind about anything yet, and knowing him, he will probably change his mind about 50 times over the next week or 2! He has played 2 praccy games and gone ok so will be interesting to see which way he goes. Was definitely a league suspension, and has certainly has created a precedent for behaviour at league functions.
As far as I was aware Brad Percy was still playing for St George. No matter where you are in Australia, you still have to lodge a clearance to play for another club, not a new rego, especially as he has been playing for St George over the last few years. I remember a few years back when he last played for Killarney he appeared about 3 times as a new rego so could this be a glitch in the system??? Mind you if he does line up for the Bombers it will definitely give them the scoring power up front they are probably lacking this season.
Speaking of young guns I am led to believe Braedon Jones will line up for City this weekend. Braedon is scholarshipped to the Western Bulldogs and is a hard running player who came 3rd in the Tamworth AFL senior B&F last year. Not bad for a 16 yr old!
Noodles, an Under 18 player doesnt have to play that grade in the morning to back up for seniors. That decision is up to the club and in the BDAFL id think the majority of blokes would play 2 games a week. The player still has to play 1/4 of the games in their own age group, however, to qualify for finals footy I believe. By the way, whats this saying Im kidding picking Warners by 6 goals!!!! And I reckon Hodge will kick 8 on the weekend if he starts up front.
I'll have a crack at a few predictions
Premier: Warners Bay!!!
Runner up: Cardiff
Spoon: Lake Macquarie
Disappointment: The difference in standard between the top and bottom sides
League Medal: Adam Clarke (Cardiff)/Steve Church (Gosford)
Goalkicker: Blake Brunckhorst (Warners)
Recruit: Dave Dunning (Killarney)
Headline: BDAFL bids for new franchise in the ANZ National Netball competition!

Premier: Cardiff
Runner Up: City
Smokey: Gosford
Wooden Spoon: Nelson Bay
Disappointment: Killarney Vale
League Medal: Adam Clarke (Cardiff)
Leading Goalkicker: Mick Ryan (Cardiff)
Recruit of the Year: Cameron Clarke (Cardiff)
Headline of the Year: Council approves a new home for the Cardiff Hawks (we can only hope!!!)

Re: Percy - I saw an article on the Sydney AFL website a while back saying Brad had been posted to the NT with the army, so it's doubtful he'll be in the BDAFL again soon.

BTW what are everyone's thoughts on Club umpires being used for BDC this week in the Warners Bay V Gosford match??? Better watch your back Deitzy!!!

Runner Up: Newcastle City
Disappointment: Killarney/Warners
League Medal: Mick Ryan
Leading Goalkicker: Courtney Knight
Recruit of the Year: If Hall/Blumfield play
Headline of the Year: Singleton in then out then in...

Does anyone think Singleton will survive/win a game this year with their position in the draw i.e. opposition ones "resting"

Put it this way, we have eight blokes who played 1st last week playing reserves on the weekend including some gun players: Wyong by 10 goals!!! :D

Premier: City
Runner Up: Warners Bay
Smokey: Lake Mac
Disappointment: Killarney Vale
League Medal: Jason Kavanagh
Leading Goalkicker: Courtney Knight
Recruit of the Year: Jason Kavanagh
Headline of the Year: Prime cease sponsorship of BDAFL, NBN takes over and shows game of the round live.

Premier: Cardiff (underfeated)
Smokey: Tigers
Wooden Spoon: Marlins
Disappointment: Same as Deitz and the way Gosford gone about things off field this year.
League Medal: Adam Clarke/ Kyall Walford
Leading Goalkicker: Coutney Knight kick just close to 100.
Recruit of the Year: Kyall walford
Headline of the Year: Warners Bay make GF.

Smokey: Panthers
Disappointment: KV
League Medal: Adam Clarke
Leading Goalkicker: Coutney Knight
Recruit of the Year: Simon O'Brain
Headline of the Year: BDAFL wins country chamionpships

Hey footy fans, can anyone update me on whats happened in the first 2 rounds briefly of course. Have been away for a couple of weeks and when i came home didnt have internet connection infact didnt have phone lines because of the storms.
Deizty, how are your predictions panning out??

Skvfboi, what is it that Gosford handled offield that is a dissappointment??

From the BDAFL website.

Cardiff have emerged as early front runners for this year's flag with a decisive win over last year's runners-up, Newcastle City at Bill Elliot Oval.

The Hawks ran out easy winners, 22.10 (142) to 16.15 (111).

Must add, an excellent game of clean, hard running football. Well Done to both teams!

Premiers, Killarney Vale kept off a last minute bid by Terrigal Avoca to record their first win for the season 12.11 (83) to 11.15 (81), despite still fielding only remnants of their side from last year.

The Panthers looked well beat but managed a final surge to get within striking distance of the Bombers in the final minutes but failed when it counted.

Lake Macquarie 23.11 (149) recorded their first win in their initial senior grade match over Nelson Bay 11.6 (72) at the Bay.

Played as a twilight match the game was quite even up till half time but then Lake Macquarie really took control to run away very easy winners.

In the final enounter where the appointment of umpires were a real problem, Warners Bay defeated Gosford 20.13 (133) to 15.12 (102).

Fear Sherin,

Premier: Cardiff (underfeated)
Smokey: Tigers
Disappointment: Same as Deitz and the way Gosford gone about things off field this year.
League Medal: Adam Clarke/ Kyall Walford
Leading Goalkicker: Coutney Knight kick just close to 100.
Recruit of the Year: Kyall walford
Headline of the Year: Warners Bay make GF.

Opps I didnt mean to double post I just copied and pasted Tigersden_08 post. Hence why most of our answers are the same.

No worries Skvfboi, i just havent been here and was wondering.

SOOOO then same question to you then tigersden_08

What is it that Gosford handled offield that is a dissappointment??:confused:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

!!! News Flash!!!

Former Essendon Star Justin Blumfield Joins Cardiff

The Cardiff Hawks have managed to pull off one of the biggest recruiting coups in BDAFL history by announcing they have secured the services of former Essendon star Justin Blumfield. Blumfield who played in the Bombers 2000 premiership and was a consistent performer in the clubs dominant years between 1999 – 2002 that yielded only 1 flag.

When asked why he chose the Hawks over the other clubs in the region Blumfield said “Look its all about feeling at home for me. My wife and I are in a new setting and what better way to feel at home by joining the most arrogant club in the league? The arrogance displayed by the blokes on the field is second to none – similar to what I was used to whilst at Essendon when we were winning everything. And their choking in the finals in the early 2000’s was similar to what I’d experienced with the Bombers.”

However after his first three weeks with the club, Blumfield has conceded his services have yet to be required. “I have offered on many occasions to impart some of my knowledge and experiences by addressing the playing group about preparations for games, training regimes and the mental toughness that is required to be a premiership player in the AFL,” he said “But as yet they seem uninterested preferring the experience and knowledge from this Flynn bloke. And if I were to play I was told I’d need to work my way through the 2nds before getting a crack at the ones, which is fair enough I guess.”

Asked if he regretted the move, Blumfield was quick to assure “No, I see this as a great opportunity to give something back to the grass roots game. As development officer I feel I can really contribute to the Cardiff Hawks. And the arrogance they’ve displayed has helped me to really feel at home. I don’t mind that everyone was too full of themselves to introduce themselves to me at my first appearance at the club. They really would have had me at ‘Hello’. That is of course if they’d said hello.”

!!! News Flash!!!

Newcastle City Successfully Lobby BDAFL to Change All Home Games to Night Matches

Newcastle City have successfully changed all their remaining home games to night matches as the fear for the safety of their red-headed players grows. It is believed that the BDAFL has granted the Blues request out of fear that it may be sued in future for skin damage in players from the sun’s harmful UV rays. City’s favourite ranga Luke Rawnsley was suspiciously absent from the side on the weekend and Blues insiders admitting that he failed a fitness test on the morning of the match. “Yeah basically we gave Luke a fitness test on the morning however since the UV factor was above 7 we couldn’t risk it.”

However Newcastle City are upbeat at the Leagues acceptance of their request saying “It should help us put our best team on the paddock each week now and not have to worry about all of our ranga’s getting sunburnt. We have lost fair bit of red-headed quality recently. If only the BDAFL had listened to our proposal earlier the likes of Tim Cotter might never have left for greener, or in this case, darker pastures.”

Was an interesting weekend in the BDAFL. Looking through the results and hearing reports of games makes me think we are in for a pretty interesting season.
Killarney just hung on against the Panthers, Cardiff had a good win in a shootout against City, Lake Macquarie had a thumping win over the Marlins and the Dogs got away with a win over a determined Gosford side.
I must say the appointment of club umpires in first grade is pretty ordinary. Surely we could have a situation where there is at least one NCCUA umpire officiating in these games. It is not fair on the club umpires to have to umpire senior footy on their own, deal with the comments from the crowd, and deal with the increased pace and intensity of the game when they are not really trained or coached to a sufficient standard to do games independently, especially in a game where the two clubs playing have a bit of a history as well! I believe that there should have been a member of the board there to keep an eye on the club umpires and really monitor the situation closely (Yes there was 1 board member there, but when he is also the Gosford president I see him there as a club official not a league official on the day).
The other question I have is how come we had umpires for Under 18s but none for seniors??? Surely the umpires doing the Under 18s footy are more capable and prepared to umpire senior footy than a club umpire is.
Something else I found humorous on the weekend was the fact that players who are suspended are allowed to act as club umpires but are not allowed to carry water or run messages! Pretty strange that one!
Tigersden what did you think of the club umps???

Give you guys a really quick synopsis (It's a bit more complicated than this) as to why the numbers are not there.

1. The coach has decided in consultation with the BDAFL that if an umpire is not up to standard of BDC, then regardless of numbers, they will not umpire BDC. Umpiring first grade should be seen as a privilege, not an expectation. Yes some of the Under 18 umpires can run first grade, but the coach actually wants them to be able to be competent at the same time. Not speaking for the coach but if the Under 18 umpires are below par, you might as well go the club umpire option because they won't be competent either, eh?

2. Some of the standards include but are not limited to : training attendance, rules knowledge, skills, game observations and reports, match management. If our umpires don't meet these standards, then they can't be in contention for First Grade. The coach does not just want to put a person in to make the numbers as this degrades the standard of umpiring and you don't want that because at the moment we are going quite well in that department. Please don't forget on the current panel there are 4 FOUR umpires who have umpired state footy or its equivalent running in BDAFL. You won't find that standard in many NSW AFL competitions.

3. At this stage we have at least 3 umpires running around in Under 18 football who in the next few weeks will be rushed into First Grade but will be capable.

4. At this stage, we have approximately 3 umpires under the age of 18 years umpiring in First Grade and there should be another 3 by the end of the year (hopefully), and also we have about 4 unavailabilities which drops our numbers. It's a bit tough when you don't have the cattle.

5. Running 1 umpire in BDC is not appropriate, either is running 2. The age level and fitness of some umpires is not up to it.

6. Club umpires probably can't do the job either, but the hope is if we can get a few of them to have a go and they actually enjoy it, then maybe we can recruit a few to do BDC as independent umpires.

7. The reason why you get Under 18 umpires is that the Umpire's Association have a policy that we don't supply umpires to games where there are club umpires. Last year there were too many complications so we figure that it will work better without them. How do they learn you ask? By coming to regular training with us, which is stated clearly to clubs.

8. Hopefully this is a short term option. Hopefully the numbers will grow in time and the need for clubbies will decrease. This is a situation which was getting worse when I was last here in 2005 and it should have dealt with.

This is the FIRST and LAST time I'll post on this subject. If you want to know more, take it up with the BDAFL yourselves......

Look forward to seeing you at games and having a yarn.

Regards

Borgy

Premier:cardiff/killarney vale
Runner Up:cardiff/killarney vale
Smokey:warners bay
Wooden Spoon:nelson bay
Disappointment:Newcastle
League Medal:Adam Clarke/ Rick white
Leading Goalkicker:courtney Knight
Recruit of the Year; Dave Dunning
Headline of the Year: Gosford make top four.Newcastle fail To
deliver(again).

Cardiff looks the team to beat this year for me, they look like they have plenty of depth and very well drilled. they will definatly be there at the end and will takes some beating.
Newcastle City will be dominant all year but lacking a bit of depth from what they had previous year. they will be thereabouts at the top all year but i feel they have peaked to early.
Killarney Vale seem to be the dark horse again, alot of people are Writing them off again. They have alot depth and are very well coached and know how to win games when it counts. I think they may surprise a few.
Warners Bay will be there all year again and will push top sides but still not strong enough yet to be serious contenders.
Gosford and Terrigal Will tussle it out all year, both teams have plenty of run and ability and in a couple years could be contenders if they can hold onto there younger players. Both will provide very competitive games for top teams.
lake Macquarie, Wyong and Nelson Bay still have plenty of work to do.

Jason21 i find it funny that you reckon City will be a disappointment this year and will have a lack of depth, considering that on the weekend we had 6 players out of our team that played against killarney vale with 4 of those players being in the best 6 for that game and we still put up a bloody good show against cardiff only to fall away in the last quarter. I cant see lack of depth being a problem at all, remember this u/18s and reserves premiers last 2 years running and also 16s premiers last year depth is no problem.

Premier:Cardiff
Runner Up: City / Warners
Smokey:Warners
Wooden Spoon:Nelson Bay
Disappointment:Killarney Vale
League Medal:Adam Clarke/ Rick White
Leading Goalkicker:Courtney Knight
Recruit of the Year; Cameron Clarke
Headline of the Year: Brunckhorst suspended for life for hitting umpire.

Cant see anyone beatng Cardiff...more clearances in the last few days, too much depth and firepower.

Dont beleive City will struggle with depth, great juniors and and the ressies have a good few blokes that could play 1st grade no worries.

Warners always play a hard brand of footy, and as the year progresses i think they will be hard to beat as they are getting a more skilled list each year.

Killarney Vale will rely heavily on Rick White and if he is tagged out or has an off day, they will not win, after watching the first game adn hearing reports (and excuses) about the second, id say they will be luck to make the four.

Fingers crossed Gosford can improve, they have a solid list and over the past couple oif years have pcked up some real match winners. Tad Walford is by far the most underratted player in the league and with guys lke Steve Church, they are always a danger game for the top teams and if they hit thier straps, should make the four.

Terrigal will struggle and are gonna miss goolagong. Biship will no doubt get more out of them then the nutbag they had previously, but lacking the cattle for mine.

Wyong will be fitter, stronger and faster, but still lacking a bit with depth and wll be feilding one to many players that lack skill. definite improvers, but wont quite make the four.

Lake Maquarie should put ina good show for their first year, but will be in the bottom half.

Nelson Bay probably wont win a game...but gee i hope they do!

Pretty good footy being played from what I saw in round 1 and from reports on the weekend. Cardiff looking the side to beat. City and Warners will be around the mark, with all City and Cardiff boasting great depth, while Terrigal and Killarney will challenge for 4th spot. Gosford, Wyong and Lake Maquarie will battle for the other spots and Nelson Bay will be the whipping boys.
Great to see the number of kids Terrigal are playing. They all played a massive part in the win over Gosford last week, and have been prominent in the best players list. Chris Bishop is going to give the kids plenty of opportunity and look for these young fellas to have a big impact. Wyong were also impressive with a number of young kids playing against the Marlins, so look for Terrigal and Wyong to be around the mark over the next few years.
waugh17, I would have thought Walford to be over-rated when I have watched him play, wins plenty of the footy, but is totally unaccountable when he doesnt have it and his disposal is very poor. I think Brad Deitz is Gosfords most underrated player, wins plenty of the ball, has plenty of pace, uses the ball fantastically and kicks goals. Church is in the best 3 players in the competition along with Mick Ryan and Rick White in my opinion.
Apart from that agree with you!

I would have thought Walford to be over-rated when I have watched him play,
Bit harsh Weaglesman as the guy did finish 2nd in the league B&F last season. His disposal probably isnt great, but its alright and when you get the ball 30 times a game you will scuff some kicks.

City insider, I have no doubt Newcastle Will be one of the top teams to beat all year and theres is some high expectations on them coming so close in prevoius years, in saying that the disappointment for me is that they will fall short again. your right about depth of the players they do have that, but do they have the firing power of last year? And have they Peaked to early?.

Watch out wen ya's come up against the tigers (gosford) bloke playing 4 them won there b+f last year not sure of his name but they call him jay leno or the iceman (chuck lidell) or stretch, he is on fire this season and getting a truckload of the footy keep your eye on him a real up and comer in his second year in the bdfl, will dish out some hiding this year the tigers will, do not underestimate them as they can eaisly slip under the radar.:cool:

Watch out wen ya's come up against the tigers (gosford) bloke playing 4 them won there b+f last year not sure of his name but they call him jay leno or the iceman (chuck lidell) or stretch, he is on fire this season and getting a truckload of the footy keep your eye on him a real up and comer in his second year in the bdfl, will dish out some hiding this year the tigers will, do not underestimate them as they can eaisly slip under the radar.:cool:

Steve Church is a great footballer, but overrated in my book. No doubt he is one of Gosford’s best, but the games i have seen him play he hasn’t done much, and yet, despite this he still gets named their best regardless of the fact blokes like Monk and Walford were head and shoulders better on the day!!

I’m sure he can and will cut team’s apart, im yet to see it though! Definitely a key for Gosford...if he does play to his potential, Gosford could very well sneak into the top 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back