Black Diamond AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. theres four games of footy this weekend
any thoughts anyone????

And the rep sides got another game coming up?? can they get the win??
btw ... think these rep fixtures need to be spaced out a little more ... teams (with byes included) are not getting enough footy at this time of the year ...

Why don't the league have the Sydney game later in the year ?

btw ... think these rep fixtures need to be spaced out a little more ... teams (with byes included) are not getting enough footy at this time of the year ...

Why don't the league have the Sydney game later in the year ?[/quote]

Might be wrong, but Isn't it more preparation for the carnival in Wagga ?

To true Deizty. The biggest thing that we saw at the weekend was the vision of the players. The guys were looking up instead of blazing away hence kicking to the better option. Funniest thing that game from the game was the sledge put on Jayson Van Dam by Dave Manuelle. Dave has only played 4 games of AFL to my knowledge having come to us this year from his chosen sport of Baseball. After he towelled up Van Dam in the 1st half, he went up to him after the break and said hey your a rep player arent you well i have only play 4 games of AFL so whats going on. What a classic

I'd back Van Dam to bounce back next time if he got "towelled up" as you put it. He is a reasonable player and obviously Terrigal were outplayed all over the ground. I think he has the runs on the board in comparison to many at the Gosford Football Club. Lets see how big Dave Manuelle's mouth continues to be in the coming months. This is yet another example of a club getting 1 win in so many years and thinking they are the world champs. Win consistently and challenge for the premiership like Terrigal have for the last decade and then talk about how good your club is. Show some respect.

I'd back Van Dam to bounce back next time if he got "towelled up" as you put it. He is a reasonable player and obviously Terrigal were outplayed all over the ground. I think he has the runs on the board in comparison to many at the Gosford Football Club. Lets see how big Dave Manuelle's mouth continues to be in the coming months. This is yet another example of a club getting 1 win in so many years and thinking they are the world champs. Win consistently and challenge for the premiership like Terrigal have for the last decade and then talk about how good your club is. Show some respect.

TreeHugger, I am glad you clarified to the world what i actually said. You know my english that i used had a totally different meaning so i thank you for clearing that up for everyone. So next time i want to put up a post i will come and get you to translate what i mean so i get it right hows that sound. So if you have a good understanding of the English language, then read what i wrote and understand what i wrote and not what you think i wrote or what you think you understand. NO WHERE did i say we were world champs and your comment about one win hmmm could say lots about that but i wont only to say we won this one you guys one the match earlier in the season and we won the game before that.

We ( all the clubs) have all gone out to challenge for a premiership in the last decade, some have done the job better than others, so get down off your high horse pull your head in and read the comments as they were intended. I was commenting on the game and what a good job a young bloke who has come from baseball to play this great sport of AFL and he towelled up a guy in the rep side. That is not to say it wouldnt be reversed next time they play, who knows.

TreeHugger, I am glad you clarified to the world what i actually said. You know my english that i used had a totally different meaning so i thank you for clearing that up for everyone. So next time i want to put up a post i will come and get you to translate what i mean so i get it right hows that sound. So if you have a good understanding of the English language, then read what i wrote and understand what i wrote and not what you think i wrote or what you think you understand. NO WHERE did i say we were world champs and your comment about one win hmmm could say lots about that but i wont only to say we won this one you guys one the match earlier in the season and we won the game before that.

We ( all the clubs) have all gone out to challenge for a premiership in the last decade, some have done the job better than others, so get down off your high horse pull your head in and read the comments as they were intended. I was commenting on the game and what a good job a young bloke who has come from baseball to play this great sport of AFL and he towelled up a guy in the rep side. That is not to say it wouldnt be reversed next time they play, who knows.

I stand by my comments, your post comes across as arrogant, whether you meant it that way or not. You obviously cant handle someone else's opinion as you seem to bag everyone on here about there supposed lack of good football knowledge. Why is your knowledge so good??? I'm my opinion your knowledge is blatantly one eyed and the only good football knowledge you seem to have is in regards to the tigers? Let me tell you something about the tigers, they haven't played finals football since the combined competition began. I don't mind you having a go at individual players but when you have previously bagged other people for doing so than it seems a bit two faced to me. Anyways I do hope your club makes the 4 and plays some finals footy this year. There would be no doubt a lot of people at Gosford who would have been through a lot and it would be a just reward for them. I think this I know more than he knows crap should finish! Fairdinkum most of us have never probably spoken a word face to face so how would we really know who has great football knowledge.

Excellent point, couldn't agree more.

TreeHugger, I am glad you clarified to the world what i actually said. You know my english that i used had a totally different meaning so i thank you for clearing that up for everyone. So next time i want to put up a post i will come and get you to translate what i mean so i get it right hows that sound. So if you have a good understanding of the English language, then read what i wrote and understand what i wrote and not what you think i wrote or what you think you understand...... rabble rabble rabble

What?? By the look of this, maybe you do need someone to translate your posts.

Hey to all the sports fans. Well another win to Gosford in both grades leaves them sitting in 5th spot on both ladders, 1 game out of the 4 in Reserve Grade and 2 games out in 1st Grade.

Thanks for the update. Did everyone realise that three upset wins by Lake Macquarie in the 1's and 2's, combined with a return to previous form by the tigers could see Gosford at the bottom of the table in both reserves and firsts?

That's the funny thing about statistics, you can swing them which way you want... but I'll just leave that to the "footy experts", wouldn't you agree "usingtheforce"?

ill speak for the tigers and say our jobs not done, the last time we strung "consistent" football together was the 2nd half of 06. We "made" alot of things go our way against Terrigal, due to attitude and pressure and Thought in our disposals and different sides apply different pressure also, we have to ready for every side till our season is over we decide how far we want to go. its up to our whole playing group to bring the same consistency for the rest of the year as we did at the end of 06. we have Wyong this week this is the side we need to beat.

To true Deizty. The biggest thing that we saw at the weekend was the vision of the players. The guys were looking up instead of blazing away hence kicking to the better option. Funniest thing that game from the game was the sledge put on Jayson Van Dam by Dave Manuelle. Dave has only played 4 games of AFL to my knowledge having come to us this year from his chosen sport of Baseball. After he towelled up Van Dam in the 1st half, he went up to him after the break and said hey your a rep player arent you well i have only play 4 games of AFL so whats going on. What a classic

A few fair dinkum quotes I've heard peaple say about Gosford over the years:

"They will be in the top four for the next four years" (after their victiory over an under manned, dishevelled Cardiff 'swans' team at adcock in 2006)

"They will win the comp next year" (after their victory over a woeful Killarney Vale in the wet at mt penang last game of 2006)

"Best juniors in the comp, we'll blood the 18's this year and they'll all be top graders next year" (said in 2007)

And now talking top four after a victory against Terrigal who lost there best player in the first quarter.....

the point is for them to have any chance you need to let them fly under the radar, same goes for the players, they are rated so much, you expect a lot more than you get when you only see them 3 or 4 times a year.

Thanks for the update. Did everyone realise that three upset wins by Lake Macquarie in the 1's and 2's, combined with a return to previous form by the tigers could see Gosford at the bottom of the table in both reserves and firsts?

That's the funny thing about statistics, you can swing them which way you want... but I'll just leave that to the "footy experts", wouldn't you agree "usingtheforce"?

OK HERE GOES.
I played for Gosford in the early 90s when Terrigal were in their winning streak of whatever games. We got so many canings by every team in CCAFL (at the time) BUT we stuck together. It was always the same week in week out. Nobody gave us a chance.
Now they are starting to play good football from what I hear, shouldnt people be starting to take notice of them and not bagging. Teams have their ups and downs, Gosfords just lasted a heap longer than most. Hope they DO make finals this year and give people something to talk about. GO TIGERS.

For what its worth, I'll throw my two Bob in.

Having seen all the current top four except Cardiff, as well as Gosford, I simply don't think Gosford have the troops to get above the other four.

Yes they will push sides and cause an upset maybe, but they need to beat the sides above regularly and thats the problem.

Nothing to do with what we would like to see happen as there is some good players and talent there, just a realistic observation.

How many times have they beaten Cardiff, Warners Bay, City or Killarney Vale this year???
Nil isn't it, so it had better start happening soon as these sides will beat all the lower sides Gosford beats and will beat other top four sides as well, meaning the points spread will not get any closer.

I stand by my comments, your post comes across as arrogant, whether you meant it that way or not. You obviously cant handle someone else's opinion as you seem to bag everyone on here about there supposed lack of good football knowledge. Why is your knowledge so good??? I'm my opinion your knowledge is blatantly one eyed and the only good football knowledge you seem to have is in regards to the tigers? Let me tell you something about the tigers, they haven't played finals football since the combined competition began. I don't mind you having a go at individual players but when you have previously bagged other people for doing so than it seems a bit two faced to me. Anyways I do hope your club makes the 4 and plays some finals footy this year. There would be no doubt a lot of people at Gosford who would have been through a lot and it would be a just reward for them. I think this I know more than he knows crap should finish! Fairdinkum most of us have never probably spoken a word face to face so how would we really know who has great football knowledge.

Ok Treehugger, lets get this straight once and for all and then you can go standby your comments all you dam like.

Now i will break down what i said to make it easy for you to understand ok,

FACT:
The biggest thing that we saw at the weekend was the vision of the players. The guys were looking up instead of blazing away hence kicking to the better option.

FACT because a sledge did occur in the game:
Funniest thing that game from the game was the sledge put on Jayson Van Dam by Dave Manuelle.

FACT (the guy has only played a few games this year after coming from Baseball):
Dave has only played 4 games of AFL to my knowledge having come to us this year from his chosen sport of Baseball.

FACT why because this is what was said:
Hey your a rep player arent you well i have only play 4 games of AFL so whats going on.

Now by adding to these facts of the post i wrote with your fiction remarks makes it sound like i am arrogant and one eyed. Pretty cool how you came to that conclusion. No where in my comments did i say it would happen again to Van Dam, everyone is entitled to an off day. It may happen again it may not, who knows but to turn my comments around to try and make me sound arrogant and that the Tigers are world champs, cumon grow up. If i had said they were world champs or premiership favourites, maybe i would have said it hey. What did i say though, oh yeah i think 4th spot on the ladder is still open, not 1st spot not 2nd not 3rd spot but 4th spot so where do you get off reading that into that we are world champs etc hmmm???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree totally Pessimist they can swing both ways and if they do thats life. It would only be for the good of the league if a big swing like that can occur because it wouold mean that the clubs currently struggling have become competative and are winning games. Dont get me wrong, would be over-joyed for the Tigers to continue with some good form and have a crack at 4th spot. They are no where near the top 3 at this point in time but if they dont its just the normal season then hey. As for the struggling clubs, it is hard enough walking on the field getting flogged each week so to atleast be competative is only good for the League

For what its worth, I'll throw my two Bob in.

Having seen all the current top four except Cardiff, as well as Gosford, I simply don't think Gosford have the troops to get above the other four.

Yes they will push sides and cause an upset maybe, but they need to beat the sides above regularly and thats the problem.

Nothing to do with what we would like to see happen as there is some good players and talent there, just a realistic observation.

How many times have they beaten Cardiff, Warners Bay, City or Killarney Vale this year???
Nil isn't it, so it had better start happening soon as these sides will beat all the lower sides Gosford beats and will beat other top four sides as well, meaning the points spread will not get any closer.

Swans12, yeah agree mostly, i dont think we have the team to challenge the Cardiff's of this world although as everyone knows catch a team on a bad day and you have a chance, we havent played them yet this year and we are hoping to just limit any damage percentage wise. A win is unlikely but anything can happen in footy just like the weekend with collingwood over geelong. City is the other hard one to read as a few teams including Gosford have run with them until 3/4 time and still be in the game. Maybe its the extensive preseason training that carrying them thru the last quarter and away from the opposition. Warners are getting players back or are back and still not setting the world on fire. Think they are the sleepers this year, so thats the top 3, Killarney had a good game against us but they havent been the dominant side they were last year. They were also playing a few guys like pagey on the day that may not happen for every game. Terrigal were undiciplined last week which affected their footy. All they wanted to do was umpire the game and not play the game and Gosford played as a team for the first time in 12 months not as individuals. Wyong is this week so don't know yet. So if we can produce a team effort again who knows where it will take us.

Swans12, yeah agree mostly, i dont think we have the team to challenge the Cardiff's of this world although as everyone knows catch a team on a bad day and you have a chance, we havent played them yet this year and we are hoping to just limit any damage percentage wise. A win is unlikely but anything can happen in footy just like the weekend with collingwood over geelong. City is the other hard one to read as a few teams including Gosford have run with them until 3/4 time and still be in the game. Maybe its the extensive preseason training that carrying them thru the last quarter and away from the opposition. Warners are getting players back or are back and still not setting the world on fire. Think they are the sleepers this year, so thats the top 3, Killarney had a good game against us but they havent been the dominant side they were last year. They were also playing a few guys like pagey on the day that may not happen for every game. Terrigal were undiciplined last week which affected their footy. All they wanted to do was umpire the game and not play the game and Gosford played as a team for the first time in 12 months not as individuals. Wyong is this week so don't know yet. So if we can produce a team effort again who knows where it will take us.

Using,
I hope you can, would breathe some real life into the comp, my observations were to your top 4 aspirations and the fact that you are already 8 points outside and will have to do something pretty spectacular to unseat those above in the top 4.
Best of Luck though.

Cardiff are rightly red hot favourites, but as we know in sport, maybe that means that the club is also the hunted and will have to be right on song against a determined finals combatant come September.

Using,
I hope you can, would breathe some real life into the comp, my observations were to your top 4 aspirations and the fact that you are already 8 points outside and will have to do something pretty spectacular to unseat those above in the top 4.
Best of Luck though.

Cardiff are rightly red hot favourites, but as we know in sport, maybe that means that the club is also the hunted and will have to be right on song against a determined finals combatant come September.

True Swans12 8 points out of the 4 in 1st Grade. Will be interesting to see after this weekend thou as Warners who are 8 points ahead of us play Cardiff. Big ask for them so if we can gather another win this weekend maybe and Warners loose then we are only 4 points out. Killarney are also playing City this weekend too and currently they are 8 points ahead of us so anything could happen. First and foremost we have to win this weekend. Reserves are a different story they are only 4 point out of the 4. 18's well who knows we have just over 30 guys registered to play this year in 18's but we can't seem to get them all to the ground at the one time. Young kids these days, when i played as a kid, i would need to be on my death bed not to get up and play.

I'd just like to say as a player at Gosford in first grade that we are out to beat everyside for the rest of the year, we are well aware of our sluggish start to the season and as a club we have struggled at times as most do, at times, the excuses have stopped and they should stop . If you get beaten its beacause the teamyou have played has plyed better than you they played mre as a team than yours, its not rocket science its footy.

This week we are thinking about WYONG, we are not thinking about the top 4 spot (usingtheforce or for any one else in that matter), that is our reward, if we are good enough to beat all teams for the rest of the year our reward is we get a shot at a premiership because we have been hungry and work hard for it.

My tips for the weekend:
City vs Killarney Vale - City by 10 goals.
Wyong vs Gosford - Gosford by 4 goals just because of home ground advantage.
Lake Macquarie vs Terrigal - Lake Macquarie by a couple of goals in upset of the season so far.
Cardiff vs Warners Bay - Close up until half time until Warners Bay lose their discipline and Cardiff use their superior fitness to run away with it by about 8 Goals.
Nelson Bay vs The Bye - Probably the bye but Brad Spencer will still pick up a man of the match award.

Hi Guys,
Been a bit been of late, and as such have not had a chance to read trough the posts in this thread for a bit. I must say it's been quite a disappointment to come back and have to read through about 10 pages of absolute bullshit, posted in the main by a collection of kids from Warners Bay, City and Cardiff. For ____'s sake, it makes your whole club look bad when people go on here, post rubbish, all the while hiding behind a anonymous user name (or in some cases, imitating someone else's)

There are a few things that were posted that actually needed to be replied on I feel, so sorry for bringing up old news

Well said Treehugger ... Cardiff has been through the ringer in the 90's getting belted every week ... just ask Johnny Hislop how bad that was, and how good it is now with all the good work being done in the juniors at the moment.
btw ... Cardiff juniors undefeated in all grades inc U18's
There are a number of people who have been directly involved in Cardiff's dominance over the last 11 years. The ground work was laid by guys like Danny Williams, Alan White, Ross Hughes, John Hislop, Paul Redman etc who brought on these guys who are now playing seniors and the guys who will be playing seniors in years to come.
That is nothing to be ashamed about, and equally nothing to be arrogant about. Something for those at Cardiff to remember, and equally something that some of the smaller clubs should try to emulate & even improve on.

mick gray is a has-been
he was always a glorified bench-warmer in reserve grade
glad he has gone to london, it has done us all a massive favour so we dont have to see his ugly head
At no time have I ever believed to be a superstar on the field. For me having a kick in the 2's on a Saturday was all I ever wanted to achieve, and I did it.
I'm glad that you are following my travels so closely, why else would you register to post on this site just to say hello :D (by the way are you my cousin who can't even get a kick in the 2's at city???)

I'm also somewhat shocked at the slagging off of Blake Brunkhorst. That guy does a fair bit for the kids by coaching juniors in his own time, and is always a good guy to talk to. He also used to also buy tickets to support the Cardiff footy club when he was in having a beer at the Shaft.

Also the resignation of the BDAFL General Manager will stir things up a bit ... no matter what you may think of Mr. Ledgwige he got the work done and kept the whole league afloat with little assistance.
So the GM has put in his resignation, hot on the heels of 3 board members? This cannot be good for the league. Perhaps some of these anonymous heroes on here could stick their hand up and have a crack?

The last thing i'll say is how poor the BDAFL site has become. It used to be an excellent resource to promote the game, but has turned into a quasi Killarney Vale gazette. They need to get someone other than Granland to run it.

Hi Guys,
Been a bit been of late, and as such have not had a chance to read trough the posts in this thread for a bit. .......

Welcome back mick-nice to have some comn sense remarks on the board. Come and play masters with us sometime when you return-you must be nearly elligible :)

Ok Treehugger, lets get this straight once and for all and then you can go standby your comments all you dam like.

Now i will break down what i said to make it easy for you to understand ok,

FACT:
The biggest thing that we saw at the weekend was the vision of the players. The guys were looking up instead of blazing away hence kicking to the better option.

FACT because a sledge did occur in the game:
Funniest thing that game from the game was the sledge put on Jayson Van Dam by Dave Manuelle.

FACT (the guy has only played a few games this year after coming from Baseball):
Dave has only played 4 games of AFL to my knowledge having come to us this year from his chosen sport of Baseball.

FACT why because this is what was said:
Hey your a rep player arent you well i have only play 4 games of AFL so whats going on.

Now by adding to these facts of the post i wrote with your fiction remarks makes it sound like i am arrogant and one eyed. Pretty cool how you came to that conclusion. No where in my comments did i say it would happen again to Van Dam, everyone is entitled to an off day. It may happen again it may not, who knows but to turn my comments around to try and make me sound arrogant and that the Tigers are world champs, cumon grow up. If i had said they were world champs or premiership favourites, maybe i would have said it hey. What did i say though, oh yeah i think 4th spot on the ladder is still open, not 1st spot not 2nd not 3rd spot but 4th spot so where do you get off reading that into that we are world champs etc hmmm???

Im not going to even read your dribble

Hey again guys.
I will say the tigers had a good win on the weekend but the way some people on here are talking it is as if we are going to be a premiership "force"! Come on guys lets be realistic! Terrigal arent going great and we played well but we still kicked 10 goals 17 points so we need to improve there.
As a player at Gosford it is disappointing to see people on here from our club trying to stir up crap and talk us up as if we are a top 4 contender. In all honesty we got flogged by Killarney and City who are top 4 sides so that shows where we really are.
Usingtheforce, people are allowed to have opinions mate, be it "educated" or "uneducated". You challenging every negative thing said about Gosford is wrong in my opinion because some of the criticism is totally fair. Where are all these "gun" 18s we had, and what happened to the top 2 finish the commitee and coaches expected last year. I only remember Murch and Johnny Deitz saying top 2 finishes dont just happen, we should be aiming to win more games than we did the year before. Where are those 2 guys now? You picking fights with people on here is going to scrutinise every result our club has and ensure people hang shit on us every time we get beat.
We still have heaps of footy left for the year so hopefully we can cause a couple of upsets and beat Wyong this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back