Black Diamond AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just thought I'd touch on all this Blake Bronkhurst stuff on this site.

I reckon he's good for the league, you want passionate characters at your club and I'd bet the Bulldogs players want to play with him. He absolutely despises Cardiff which I think is funny ( probably copped a few too many beatings over the years ) and in turn Cardiff despises him but off the field as Northern Swan said he is probably a completely different character.
Now in regard to the Best Big Man in the comp, Luke Orton would have to be right up there but if you are after a best key position big man than I'd have to go with David Flynn, Mainly for versatility, Sure some players may kick more goals and have a bigger impact in "1" position but some players cant switch positions and maintain the same standard or it takes them a long time to settle in and get used it. Flynn can play anywhere on the park CHB, FB, CHF, FF & Ruck.

Also I haven't seen all the games from other clubs that's why I haven't included any one from any other team. This is just going from what I've seen for and against Cardiff over the decades.

5 or 6 years ago i would of said Clarke Sturman, 2 or 3 years ago big Ben from Cardiff, now its really a toss up, Pete Van Dam would have to be up there and so would Michael Kemp. Its a tough one.

If Gordon Burrows keeps improving he will be hard to handle over the next couple of years, the same goes for Jacob Dawes from Cardiff.

Mick Ryan by far, dominant intimidating forward who is a class above the rest. Big ben was tough. Aaron Monk last year. Punchy Pete Vandam sqeals to much to scare anyone. Kemp is just an utter freak. Marks everything from the floor to his head has great agility for a very tall man.

Tim Snelling is a very solid footballer who does alot of running and has good ball skills to.

mundine-v-soliman-2007-310.jpg

Hey Guys, Mundine Here, Can I just say that I am way dissapointed with some of the comments from the likes of joel21 and Usingtheforce.

Remember from team Mundine, It is not cool.........to be Un Cool!

Respect.

Hi guys.

First post here, been reading this forum for a few months now though. I Don't mind a bit of banter, but geez there is alot of crap to sift through. Anyway, totally agree with peoples opinion of Ryan as best bigman in the league. Had the "pleasure" of playing on him a few times and he makes you work. Strong over head and equally strong on the ground. Also highly rate Kempy (biasness aside). Also a big fan of the way Brunkhurst goes about things at the dogs. And special mention to that Party Pies bloke at Terrigal. Him and the Gong were always difficault to man up both.

Hi Guys,
Been a bit been of late, and as such have not had a chance to read trough the posts in this thread for a bit. I must say it's been quite a disappointment to come back and have to read through about 10 pages of absolute bullshit, posted in the main by a collection of kids from Warners Bay, City and Cardiff. For ____'s sake, it makes your whole club look bad when people go on here, post rubbish, all the while hiding behind a anonymous user name (or in some cases, imitating someone else's)

Would you pefer them to make a scene in front of the footy public on grand final day then?
:rolleyes:

Hey Guys, Mundine Here, Can I just say that I am way dissapointed with some of the comments from the likes of joel21 and Usingtheforce.

Respect.

Ur kidding are'nt ya Bob.

Mundine, come on, dont show a joker who only fights jokers & has-beens,
he is a disgrace to boxing, he's career should of ended when he fought sven otke and got knocked the @#$! out. He nearly lost to Guy Waters in his first few Boughts actually Waters should of knocked him out but forgot to do his shoe lace up and got knocked out himself. (I continually remind him of it actually and lay on my back in his lounge room as we play "who am I?"). you'd want to win against a bloke you've beat 3 times. yeh Ali did it with Frazier, he fought other blokes more than twice, Different ERA but and Heavyweight boxing has got a lot more going for it than SuperMiddleWeight.

Go fight outside Australia Mundine make a real name for yaself. Or go back to that Dying lifeless crap sport called rugby league.

Summers

Respect.

Oh i cant resist, sittin here laughing my arse off. If thats the best you can do BDK then i am sorry to say you've had your day. Why bring in quotes from a goose like that. He maybe a reasonable fighter but he will never be as good as his dad and pound for pound as a boxer, no-one rates him very highly. So if that is what is left in you bag of comments and insults, good luck. Leave the rest of us to chat about footy.

Only 2 or 3 tips for this weekends games, has everyone gone to sleep.

What about suggestions for team of the week? who do you guys think are playing well enough to get into the team?

Sorry dont think team of the week is even worth commenting on. The league needs to either review the criteria next year or get rid of it. It is in this format a poor indicator of teams and players

Tend to agree, certainly not a perfect indicator of the best for each week, but at least its someone making an effort.

Comes across similar to an encouragement award at times, but seriously, at least it is something new I suppose and not the same old same old we've seen for years.

Lets have some serious suggestions for what ideas we as the punters would like to see on our site (w***ers need not bother).

If anything comes of it I personally will make an effort to contact the league and offer the ideas forward.

I'll start the ball rolling, I feel a BDAFL team of the year should be voted upon by a designated panel and announced presentation night.

I know that the GM position was 25 hours a week, but he has been putting in around 50 for the same pay, so despite any grumbles, he certainly had a dip for the league.

The challenge is open what do you want shown on your site ??

Tend to agree, certainly not a perfect indicator of the best for each week, but at least its someone making an effort.

Comes across similar to an encouragement award at times, but seriously, at least it is something new I suppose and not the same old same old we've seen for years.

Lets have some serious suggestions for what ideas we as the punters would like to see on our site (w***ers need not bother).

If anything comes of it I personally will make an effort to contact the league and offer the ideas forward.

I'll start the ball rolling, I feel a BDAFL team of the year should be voted upon by a designated panel and announced presentation night.

I know that the GM position was 25 hours a week, but he has been putting in around 50 for the same pay, so despite any grumbles, he certainly had a dip for the league.

The challenge is open what do you want shown on your site ??

Agree, i think a BDAFL team of the year would be a great idea, i know the SFL do it and it seems to be a good thing.

I guess it would need to be picked based on each position and the best player for that spot, not simply the best 22 on-ballers in the league placed in to a team in an adhoc manner.

Although probably not likely, maybe all the coaches could meet or provide input into such a team, possible provide a 3, 2, 1 for each position in the team based.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ll start the ball rolling, I feel a BDAFL team of the year should be voted upon by a designated panel and announced presentation night.

The challenge is open what do you want shown on your site ??[/quote

The problem you have with deciding who are your panel members is bias toward a particular club or clubs if they are involved in them in some way, hence the ongoing issue with rep side selections and the questions they create. I doubt you would be able to get a panel from outside the league to do the job. You then have to get the panel around to all the games and that is impossible. Unless we have all games video tape so the panel can then sit down and watch, it make it difficult to get a good gauge.

My suggestion is that you already have a perfect selection panel ready to go and with certain guidelines, it can be made fair and non-biased. The 1st grade coach of each team should select his team of 22 players but with the stipulation that they cannot select any of their own players, they have to be from other clubs. If we then collate these results, surely you should get players coming up on different coaches lists and the top players who came up on the majority of coach lists for each position should be the nominated players. I would thik this a reasonably fair way to judge players as these coaches should know their opposition as they have to set game plans when they play them. They would know which players are playing well, which players can hurt you if yoou don't show them respect, which players have to be tagged etc etc. Also not allowing them to vote for players in their own team forces them to choose oppostion team players. This should also then reduce the questions being asked like what was being thrown around about the rep side, why did this player get in and this player did not get a look etc. You could also then use the same selection process for the rep sides. Then the rep coach chooses from the 40 or so top players choosen by the 9 1st Grade coaches.

Over to the forum. Could this work?

Can anybody confirm the rumour that Kemp and Flynn are no longer in the rep team? This may open an opportunity for what i think is the No 1 Ruckman in the League, Dawes from Cardiff?

Tips for the weekend

Wyong 1 Goal
City 5 Goals
Lake Mcquarie in an upset 1 Goal
Cardiff comfortably

If Kemp and Flynn are out of the rep team, they are two huge ommissions. (source?)

As for Dawes, mate its a forum and you are entitled to your opinion.

I don't make a habit caning anyone, especially younger players, but I would think you may be over inflating his tyres to say he is the best ruckman in the competition, or stirring the pot (probably the latter)

Agree with the thought of getting the coaches to submit for the team of the year and good thought re not naming their own club's players.

What about some ideas for more regular input to the site.

Agree with the thought of getting the coaches to submit for the team of the year and good thought re not naming their own club's players.

I have heard thru the grapevine and as to whether it is true or not but maybe a section on the site to monitor everyones stats. People like to look at stats and it also allows people to keep a track of pending milestones. Now i know not every club keeps stats but surely games and goals could be kept by the league. They show whats happened in the year but thats it. We could have players in our league who have played 300 games or kicked huge amounts of goals etc over their playing years but no one really knows?

Maybe a forum section where questions from players or coaches can be given to the umpire panel for explanation or interpretation. Might help ease any tention between the 2 camps

I have heard thru the grapevine and as to whether it is true or not but maybe a section on the site to monitor everyones stats. People like to look at stats and it also allows people to keep a track of pending milestones. Now i know not every club keeps stats but surely games and goals could be kept by the league. They show whats happened in the year but thats it. We could have players in our league who have played 300 games or kicked huge amounts of goals etc over their playing years but no one really knows?

There is a section on the results section showing, games, goals, best etc, you wont get any more stats than that as they are alredy entered by the clubs.

As for the career games played, that would be a great idea, but how does it start.

Each club would have to forward a list prior to 08 and it would need to updated every year.

Clubs would have to do it though as resources are already stretched admin wise.

There was talk about chasing clubs including previous clubs for info re players worthy of recognition or even life membership, but this hasn't happened yet to my knowledge.

Getting some of these footy people re-involved with the code might allow a few more to put their hand up and get back into footy in some way.

If Kemp and Flynn are out of the rep team, they are two huge ommissions. (source?)

As for Dawes, mate its a forum and you are entitled to your opinion.

I don't make a habit caning anyone, especially younger players, but I would think you may be over inflating his tyres to say he is the best ruckman in the competition, or stirring the pot (probably the latter)

Source: The coach... and if he says it, then im guessing they are out.

!!!news Flash!!!

Gosford Tigers Delay Decision on Proposed Name Change

The Gosford Tigers this week have stalled on a decision to change their name. Leaked documents to the News Reel show the Gosford committee were considering a proposal to change their name from the Gosford Tigers to the Gosford Demons. It is unsure why these changes were a) proposed in the first place and b) the name change delayed. A source close to the club committee who asked not to be named said “The original proposal was made by the President in an effort to keep up with the changes in the AFL. The Gosford Tigers have been in existence since the 1970’s and our record has pretty much matched those of our sister club in the AFL, the Richmond Tigers. This season began with a similar story, however since Richmond have won a couple of games, the Melbourne Demons look to have settled into the cellar dwellers for the next few seasons. It wasn’t til the Demons won their only game of season to date over fellow cellar dwellers the Fremantle Dockers did we actually notice the parallels between Gosford and the Demons.”

It is believed that Gosford’s win over Terrigal Avoca and subsequent 5th placing on the BDAFL has caused the board to put a halt to name change talks for the time being, noting that an honourable finish outside of the finals is most likely by both Richmond and Gosford.

It was only 2 weeks ago that the President of the Gosford Tigers, Bill Walford was on record applauding the decisions of fellow Sydney AFL sister club the Balmain Dockers (formally the Tigers) to keep with the times and change names according how their AFL counterparts were travelling. Prior to Balmain adopting the Dockers name, Fremantle reached a Preliminary Final. Since then they have struggled, despite pre-season predictions of finals appearances and top four finishes. Walford, who could not be contacted last night said at the time that the “[Gosford] Board were also looking into further developing their brand”.

Goolagong certainly, can't deny he's not a BIG man! There was a guy who played for City when they won the flag in '03, Scott Rawle was a RAAFIE played a fair bit of footy in the riverena before playing in Newcastle was a dominant CHF and a handy ruck. I think he played rep. And of course Bob Hooton pretty much for the ability to win a ruck with a stare! HA HA
Scott Rawle definitely could play. I remember him kicking 14 against us when I was playing for Gosford at No 1 back in 2004 and he stood on plenty of heads in the process.
As for the team of the year, think it is a very worthwhile idea. Agree with Usingtheforces idea of not being able to select from your own side. Think this idea would create a bit of interest on league medal night.
Tips for the weekend
Gosford
Terrigal
City
Warners

Scott Rawle definitely could play. I remember him kicking 14 against us when I was playing for Gosford at No 1 back in 2004 and he stood on plenty of heads in the process.
As for the team of the year, think it is a very worthwhile idea. Agree with Usingtheforces idea of not being able to select from your own side. Think this idea would create a bit of interest on league medal night.
Tips for the weekend
Gosford
Terrigal
City
Warners

OK John
Which Current Gosford Tigers 1st grader made his debut that day and who was coach?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back