Black Diamond AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
if conditions remain the way they are, the city vs cardiff game will be even closer than anyone predicted. if the grounds dry up, then it'll be a cracker.
speaking of this, i drove passed number one yesterday and saw the sprinklers on... surely the rain has contributed enough the watering of the field?? i do realise that these sprinklers are probably on timers, but still, someone should be there to turn them off in such conditions.

any news on the city squad this week?

Haha are you serious? That's gold. It's raining!!!!!

Fair Dinkum, can everyone just grow up? Everytime I have a look on here it's just blokes having a go at usingtheforce, and people talking smack about the Cardiff v Gosford match! Fair enough if you don't like what he has to say, but just be civil guys...Does anyone have anything interesting at all to talk about? Other matches perhaps? Anyone else out there think Cardiff can be beaten this year?

Well put...like little boys and girls bi.tching in the school yard!

Well Mr Dixon you think the club umpiring is the worst on the planet. If that is so then the Clubs themselve have an avenue to complain to the league to have an umpire either offical or club umpire investigated and there is yet to be any. Blatant biasness toward Gosford hmmm thin ice there mate. Being an ex player all i wanted was a fair go from the umpires and if you walked off the field and were beaten, it is because you werent good enough. I am sure if that is the way you feel about club umpires i am sure if any are on here they can accomodate you and your team by being very biased hence ruin the game. I am sure you would then be the most popular person in your club. A lot of club umpires are either ex players or do it for the love of the game and their team and try and call what they see. No worries will remember your comments when we meet again

Having played every team now I reckon the reserve grade umpiring is at least as good if not better than the senior umpiring.

I think a few people write the articles mate. Anyone can write one and send it in. If your going to mention the Teralba bit yes the young girl who updates the website got confused on the grounds. When she gets near the computer again she will be fixing it.

Im a little upset that ive been Shafted from writing it our match reports. Its probably because my punctuation wasn't upto some ppls standards.

Having played every team now I reckon the reserve grade umpiring is at least as good if not better than the senior umpiring.

I agree totally from all reports, the players like playing with club umpires because the game flows. Sure things are missed but a majority of things that are safety of the player and general free kicks are picked up.

Its probably because my punctuation wasn't upto some ppls standards.

Bloody right too!! Here's an example for you...

As i have previously stated a lack of punctuation makes an article or statement difficult to read sentences just flow into one another at the very least use a capital for a new sentence why do you think punctuation was invented in the first place you are probably getting frustrated with the effort you are going to just to read this

Tigersden you're doing well... Full stops, apostrophes, I'm impressed!

As you were.

TreeHugger, the KFC Zinger usually has more intelligent things to say than you! And all he says is ZING! At least he doesn't bitch and whinge about everyone on here. I'd rather him Zing it up all day than read your stupid comments...Why even post that comment calling him a joke of a person? The only joke around here is you mate!

This wold be an opportune time for a Zing! I always get a quick laugh when ever the Zinger puts his 2 cents worth in! Keep up the good work Colonel!

My source at Cardiff has told me Mick Ryan got off at the tribunal tonight and is free to play this weekend! Apparently the charge was excessively upgraded therefore it was dismissed. The Cardiff club are understanderbly chuffed!

This wold be an opportune time for a Zing! I always get a quick laugh when ever the Zinger puts his 2 cents worth in! Keep up the good work Colonel!

My source at Cardiff has told me Mick Ryan got off at the tribunal tonight and is free to play this weekend! Apparently the charge was excessively upgraded therefore it was dismissed. The Cardiff club are understanderbly chuffed!

Your source was correct in that Ryan was found not guilty. Not sure as to the reason why it ended up at the tribunal, thats between the tribunal the player and the umpire i suppose. Maybe a glitch in the system. Another matter the guy got 5 weeks and one matter still going.

TreeHugger, the KFC Zinger usually has more intelligent things to say than you! And all he says is ZING! At least he doesn't bitch and whinge about everyone on here. I'd rather him Zing it up all day than read your stupid comments...Why even post that comment calling him a joke of a person? The only joke around here is you mate!

The Jokes on You " Zing "

by the way great news with ryan getting off, justice done.

Massive week of games this week. City vs Cardiff the obvious one but Terrigal vs Killarney, Gosford vs Warners Bay and Lake Macquarie vs Nelson Bay all have the potential to be close matches as well. City vs Cardiff definitely the stand out game of the year and should be real close. Both sides have 22 players capable of being match winners and the long standing rivalry between the clubs will only add to what should be a great contest. Can the Blues knock off the Hawks or will Cardiff keep the juggernaut rolling on?
Games on the central coast would have to be in danger of getting called off due to the councils stance on grounds. Hopefully we have a couple of dry days as Terrigal and Killarney both have plenty to play for, while Gosford performed well against the ladder leading Hawks and will look to take it up to Warners Bay and try to stay in contact with the top 4.
The Crows vs Marlins game will be interesting as well. Will the Crows run away with the game again or can the Marlins get a full squad on the paddock and get a win on the board?
It promises to be the closest round of the year, hopefully all 4 games can produce tight results and quality footy

if conditions remain the way they are, the city vs cardiff game will be even closer than anyone predicted. if the grounds dry up, then it'll be a cracker.
speaking of this, i drove passed number one yesterday and saw the sprinklers on... surely the rain has contributed enough the watering of the field?? i do realise that these sprinklers are probably on timers, but still, someone should be there to turn them off in such conditions.

any news on the city squad this week?

No1 is in tip top shape, it was damp due to the rain that we had during the afternoon and while we were training. The centre square is roped off so we cant use it for training so that will be fine for the weekend (for the u/10s in the morning not 1st grade at 630). If we get this drizzle for the rest of the week we'll be fine to play saturday.

The squad is similar to last weekends team, we still have alot of RAAFies out but other then those boys we'll be fine to go come the weekend

treehugger, The Kfc Zinger Usually Has More Intelligent Things To Say Than You! And All He Says Is Zing! .....the Only Joke Around Here Is You Mate!

zinger.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is my last post on this forum as I am over it. Please dont shed a tear or worry about me. Thanks for providing some entertainment over the last couple of months but i'm moving on to my main passion. Thank you also to people such as Milky, UsingTheForce and BDFL Girl for the great banter.

finally as I'm leaving I thougth i'd provide a recent photo of myself so if any of you guys see me we can perhaps have a quiz on who has the best footy knowledge in the BDAFL.

images

Cheers and Goodbye,

ZING!

If Ryan got off at the tribunal then that is the biggest outrage I think I've ever seen! I was there that game when he hit Dean Crotty...Low and Cowardly act. Ryan, the Cardiff Football Club and this League are dirty cheats! Nathan Brennan for Warners is currently serving a 3 match ban for striking...and Steve May earlier in the season was rubbed out for 5 matches for the same grade striking charge as Ryan....Just goes to show how unprofessional this league really is...The Warners Bay boys got 2 -6 weeks for their antics at last years presentation night and Ryan gets nothing for punching a bloke right near the grandstand? Talk about bringing the game into disrepute...Absolutely pathetic Black Diamond! Absolutely pathic Michael Ryan!

Hey salsher have you been at it again. Seems when you start posting people either get someone trying to impersonate them with similar usernames. I just got an email from bigfooty telling me that someone has been trying to log into my username, care to elaborate?

Hahaha Usingtheexcuses. Becareful before you start accusing people without any facts. Look where it got your mate Tigerden last week? The egg definately on his face after the Cardiff match.

And a big thank you to the 7 or 8 people who messaged me privately to support me in their concerns over this annoying git.

Thanks Miss BD but dont stress to much about it. He just has little mans syndrome. The rest of us have been using the forum like it should be. We can agree to disagree and support our teams but in the end footy wins out i hope. Comments like what he brings up is play ground stuff and it makes me laugh. Were you at any games at the weekend?

Look out Miss BD. Usingtheexcuses is "Pitching Woo"

Hahaha Usingtheexcuses. Becareful before you start accusing people without any facts. Look where it got your mate Tigerden last week? The egg definately on his face after the Cardiff match.

And a big thank you to the 7 or 8 people who messaged me privately to support me in their concerns over this annoying git.

Was a question to you not a statement of fact you uneducated git, oh thats right you can't read English so you develop your own version and read things into something.

It seem a strange coincidence that whenever you post we have issues. When you dont, we all chat about the footy at hand.

Fantastic you have 7 or 8 what you don't actually know how many of these private friends messaged you. Do you want some time to work it out do you?

Why would Tigersden have egg on his face??? Please elaborate and prevail us with your wisdom. It was his thoughts of what could happen.

When you get egg on your face as the saying goes, you have given a statement of fact that turned out to be wrong not an opinion or thought. Keep opening your mouth to change feet mate there is room for 2 feet yet.

It feels that we here on bigfooty are feeling the brunt of your first 20 years in Victoria (ps HERO!). If only you'd moved to Gosford a few years earlier cause with the youth suicide rate as high as it is on the Central Coast we could only have hoped you'd have slit your wrists by now.

HOW DARE YOU MAKE FUN OF THAT SUBJECT!!! You are getting worse and totally crossed the line of decency. I used to enjoy the banter with you as thats what a forum is for and to disguss peoples thoughts and passions of the game we all love, but now you are just getting sick and not funny at all. GROW UP WILL YOU THAT IS NOT FUNNY AT ALL!!!!!!

*ON BEHALF OF ALL THE FORUM READERS TO ANYONE WHO HAS SUFFERED A LOSS OF ANYONE DUE TO SUICIDE, THIS IS NOT THE THOUGHTS OF THE FORUM BUT OF ONE INDIVIDUAL AND BY NO MEANS DO WE ACCEPT ANYONE MAKING FUN OF THIS SICKNESS. PLS ACCEPT APPOLIGIES.*

whats the latest on the grounds on the coast?? its midweek and showers are expect through to the weekend. i know the councils love slapping a closed sign on them but are games likely to go ahead?

I agree totally from all reports, the players like playing with club umpires because the game flows. Sure things are missed but a majority of things that are safety of the player and general free kicks are picked up.

There are a number of junior umpires already goal and boundary umpiring in the seniors. They all take their roles pretty seriously. They may on ocassions not make the most correct decsion. One junior player has already field umpired a number of Under 18 games. At the moment a number of these junior umpires are only 13 and 14 years old. Whilst they may not have the experience (->knowledge) a number are junior representative players and as "Using the force" mentioned about club umpires they generally attempt to let the game flow whilst protecting the players safety. Whilst I agree with an earlier comment that some of the junior umpires are NOT up to it ,there are a number that "could" be for Under 18's and possibly Reserves. Only those junior umpires assessed to be "capable(??) be considered and On the proviso that players coaches officials spectators resepected their inexperience. Too much to ask? Or is by encouraging this at an early age and possibly of just One bad experience could be detrimental to their development???

On the weekend briefly saw something on TV regarding umpires being clapped onto the field by both teams before a country Victoria game??. Sorry can't find it mentioned on the web but forund this:

SHOWING RESPECT TOWARDS UMPIRES IS CRITICAL

AFL Queensland has sent out a reminder to all clubs and supporters of the game in the State to both respect umpires, and be particularly supportive of umpires who wear green shirts.

The green shirt signifies an inexperienced umpire - one who is club-based, is an AFL Auskick Rules umpire, or is first year junior umpire being mentored.

"It goes without saying that you can't have a game without an umpire, so the fostering of people who are prepared to be umpires simply has to be encouraged," said AFLQ Umpire Development Manager Andrew Cross.

"Please be aware that any umpire in an AFLQ competition who wears a green shirt will be inexperienced.

"Everyone understands that football is an emotional game, but it is important now more than ever that players, officials and supporters avoid directing any negative thoughts or feelings toward the umpires..

"This is especially the case for our club based, Auskick and first year junior umpires."

There is an umpire shortage is several areas, despite the 2007 season having already started.

AFLQ is particularly short of umpires in the Under 18, Women's and lower State Association grades.

"This just reiterates that it is essential that clubs provide as much encouragement and support to the umpire program as possible," Cross said.

He added that AFL Queensland was in the process of ensuring that all club based umpires have undertaken or will undertake a basic umpires course.

And he welcomed any former players, current players or general supporters of the game to contact their Regional Umpires Manager if they wished to take up umpiring. A scale of payments apply for all field, boundary and goal umpires which escalates through the grades.

The above comments generally applies to our competition. With a number of the junior umpires now in their second year they also wear orange shirts just like the senior umpires.

Yeah, Salsher, that post crossed the line of taste and decency.
If you'd left it up I would've taken great pleasure in reporting you.

In other news, about Ryan...that's pretty dodgy. It happend right in front of us and Crotty was in a fair bit of pain afterwards. When people like Nath Brennan get suspended for three weeks for minor involvement in an incident with a number of other players (none of whom got reported), and Ryan gets nothing, it doesn't give you much faith in the disciplinary system.
Unlike the professional football grades, there's no extra evidence that can be analysed at the tribunal, so what happened? Can someone enlighten me as to the process?

definatly agree, think the most important things are protect the bloke with his head over the footy and let the game flow.

Yeah, Salsher, that post crossed the line of taste and decency.
If you'd left it up I would've taken great pleasure in reporting you.

In other news, about Ryan...that's pretty dodgy. It happend right in front of us and Crotty was in a fair bit of pain afterwards. When people like Nath Brennan get suspended for three weeks for minor involvement in an incident with a number of other players (none of whom got reported), and Ryan gets nothing, it doesn't give you much faith in the disciplinary system.
Unlike the professional football grades, there's no extra evidence that can be analysed at the tribunal, so what happened? Can someone enlighten me as to the process?
When a report is made of a player/incident by the umpire, they report on paper as to what happen. each umpire carries or has available to them a set of rules which he sorry or she has to decide which category it falls into, if its a strike what part of the body, was it intentional or in a contest etc etc. That paperwork then goes off to the league and the GM reads the report and evidence supplied which is usually just the paperwork relating to the report as we very rarely have video evidence. From that the GM has a set of guidelines to follow to assess firstly does it carry a penalty and if so is it at a level of a prescribed penalty which is offered to the player, or if it falls outside those penalties does it have to go direct to the tribunal. The player or club also has the right to appeal a prescribed penalty either for innocence or serverity which is then passed onto and the matter is heard at a tribunal. At the tribunal they hear both side of the story, assess the information at hand and make a decision of guilty or not guilty. They can increase or decrease the penalty. Obviously with Mick Ryans case, the evidence either for or against determined the decision. Would be very hard for a tribunal these days when only replying on word of mouth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back